as usual - i'll be going.

We'll be waiting for the pics.

Elvis_Christ
03-30-2008, 10:02 PM
Damn it sucks being over this side of the world sometimes :(

I'll make it one day!

missmacabre
04-18-2008, 09:39 AM
I'm making plans to go with a group of 8. Hopefully we can get our act together and book a room at the hostel. I'm not really willing to pay so much for a hotel room.

Urge, I was looking at your pictures in the picture thread wondering if they were at fan-con cause they we're all with guest who went in the past few years. I really wanted to go last year in hopes of meeting Gary Gygax but that won't happen now :(

urgeok2
04-18-2008, 09:49 AM
I'm making plans to go with a group of 8. Hopefully we can get our act together and book a room at the hostel. I'm not really willing to pay so much for a hotel room.

Urge, I was looking at your pictures in the picture thread wondering if they were at fan-con cause they we're all with guest who went in the past few years. I really wanted to go last year in hopes of meeting Gary Gygax but that won't happen now :(

funny thing - i was at a conference with Gygax ... it was a sci-fi writers con .. Terry Brooks was there - and a few others .. i was in the reception room with them but the crowd was so freaking weird (they all looked like earth muffins, or the guy who runs the comic book store in The Simpsons .. that i had to leave.

I was there to see Nash the Slash - who was playing a life soundtrack to the old silent film "The Lost World"

didnt even know it was a convention when i bought the tickets.

missmacabre
04-18-2008, 10:16 AM
Earth Muffins haha Never heard that before. Also, i love The Lost World. I'm a big fan of Conan Doyle.

I'm super excited to go. I want the list of guests *whines*. The unfortunate thing is, all my friends will be there for freaking anime. So I'm going to have to go off and see the comics and Festival of Fear on my own. Maybe drag my boyfriend with me, I'm sure he won't mind as long as I don't attempt to sex Shatner.

ChronoGrl
04-18-2008, 10:43 AM
That sounds like a lot of fun. Alas, I am too far away. :(

Boston should get its act together and do something similar.

urgeok2
04-18-2008, 10:43 AM
. Maybe drag my boyfriend with me, I'm sure he won't mind as long as I don't attempt to sex Shatner.

hey if we're lucky - maybe there will be 2 or 3 of us and we can meet up and say hi.

when the time comes we'll figure out a way to make it happen.

are your anime friends getting dressed up ?

(one of the things i do is try to get pics of the dressed up ones while they're eating, slumped against pillars - and generally looking miserable.

i guess i'm a bastard :)

missmacabre
04-18-2008, 11:08 AM
hey if we're lucky - maybe there will be 2 or 3 of us and we can meet up and say hi.

when the time comes we'll figure out a way to make it happen.

are your anime friends getting dressed up ?

(one of the things i do is try to get pics of the dressed up ones while they're eating, slumped against pillars - and generally looking miserable.

i guess i'm a bastard :)

I don't know if they are. I even pondered a costume but it would be awesome and Steampunk. No anime.

I'm all for a meet up.

The_Return
04-18-2008, 11:49 AM
I'm making plans to attend in 2009...time and money are a slight issue for this year, but I'll be set for next.

How much are tickets usually?

urgeok2
04-18-2008, 06:01 PM
I'm making plans to attend in 2009...time and money are a slight issue for this year, but I'll be set for next.

How much are tickets usually?

for a 3 day pass - usually around $45.

Despare
04-18-2008, 07:15 PM

Not bad, I have a friend who might be back this summer from Iraq and another from school... maybe we'll go up.

missmacabre
04-19-2008, 09:28 AM

is that the deluxe one? i dont want to get in early, I just want To get into the Q&A's.

urgeok2
04-19-2008, 12:01 PM
is that the deluxe one? i dont want to get in early, I just want To get into the Q&A's.

i think the deluxe was closer to 60$

i did it last year and was glad ..

getting in early was pretty cool - it gets you in on the freebies (i got a few posters and a couple of Tshirts last year i wouldnat have gotten otherwise ... it also enabled me to get my shopping out of the way before getting in the autograph lines (cause i'm a fanboy like that :)

missmacabre
04-19-2008, 12:12 PM
i think the deluxe was closer to 60$

i did it last year and was glad ..

getting in early was pretty cool - it gets you in on the freebies (i got a few posters and a couple of Tshirts last year i wouldnat have gotten otherwise ... it also enabled me to get my shopping out of the way before getting in the autograph lines (cause i'm a fanboy like that :)

If I can book the hostel I get the deluxe pass but if I'm in a hotel It'll just be like a 2 day pass. I'm not gonna bother trying to plan right now though cause I'm in a bad mood. grar

urgeok2
04-19-2008, 03:54 PM
i have this thing down to a fine art - refining it a little more each year.

i take the day off and go early friday by myself .. i get some shopping in and do the longer autograph lines that i dont think my son will be interested in.
(or that are consistantly too long for him to want to bother with)

last year i went to the rue morgue private party but as my buddy doesnt write for them anymore i dont think i'll be going this year.

then we come back as a family saturday morning . I prioritize the Q and A's i want to see and write up a schedule (for saturday and sunday)

We get a room in the adjoining hotel so that when my son and wife have had enough they can go swim in the pool or relax in the room.

Saturday night Rue Morgue thows a public party at a bar downtown. costume party ..etc. I've never gone but it's supposed to be a good time.

i try to film as many of the Q and A's as possible .. depends on where i am able to sit. i take a ton of pics.

i collect signed DVDs and Laserdiscs so between the lineups, the Q and A's - buy Sunday near the end oif the day - i'm completely bagged ... but it's a great time.

i'm looking forward to a mini-meet-up this year as well if it happens.
it would be a nice addition to the schedule. maybe we can get a few together to hit that party on saturday night this year :)

missmacabre
04-19-2008, 05:36 PM
i have this thing down to a fine art - refining it a little more each year.

i take the day off and go early friday by myself .. i get some shopping in and do the longer autograph lines that i dont think my son will be interested in.
(or that are consistantly too long for him to want to bother with)

last year i went to the rue morgue private party but as my buddy doesnt write for them anymore i dont think i'll be going this year.

then we come back as a family saturday morning . I prioritize the Q and A's i want to see and write up a schedule (for saturday and sunday)

We get a room in the adjoining hotel so that when my son and wife have had enough they can go swim in the pool or relax in the room.

Saturday night Rue Morgue thows a public party at a bar downtown. costume party ..etc. I've never gone but it's supposed to be a good time.

i try to film as many of the Q and A's as possible .. depends on where i am able to sit. i take a ton of pics.

i collect signed DVDs and Laserdiscs so between the lineups, the Q and A's - buy Sunday near the end oif the day - i'm completely bagged ... but it's a great time.

i'm looking forward to a mini-meet-up this year as well if it happens.
it would be a nice addition to the schedule. maybe we can get a few together to hit that party on saturday night this year :)

Eeep. i'll have to get ID if I'm gonna go to the party as it is at a bar. annnd I'd have to not bring my boyfriend who's 19th Birthday is just after the con. Bummer. I'm gonna have to find out the schedule and plan between rue morgue and comicon. I desperately need to pick up Buffy Season 8.

urgeok2
04-19-2008, 05:59 PM
Eeep. i'll have to get ID if I'm gonna go to the party as it is at a bar. annnd I'd have to not bring my boyfriend who's 19th Birthday is just after the con. Bummer. I'm gonna have to find out the schedule and plan between rue morgue and comicon. I desperately need to pick up Buffy Season 8.

no biggie - we could all just go to a restaurant instead if people decide to get together on the Sat night. there's a ton of good places down there ..

no man (or girl or underage boyfriend) gets left behind ! :)

The_Return
04-19-2008, 06:44 PM
Hmmm...I just looked up the dates and checked out some airfare and stuff...if I can find somebody to go with, I might actually be able to make it this year.

Its a big, big maybe - but I'm going to try my damnedest.

urgeok2
04-21-2008, 12:01 PM
just for the hell of it : here's my blog from last year to whet your appetites (if anyone is on the fence about coming)

it should push you one way ot the other :)

PART 1

Well, thats it for another year .. just returned from 3 days of walking around exhausted, sweating from the heat and all of the junk i was lugging around.
Standing in lines to stand in other lines ...missing meals, fretting over schedules, but having a blast none the less.

FRIDAY :
I arrived Friday afternoon for the early bird admittance. It was cool - for a few extra bucks you got a VIP pass and got to go into the con a few hours earlier than the rest of the ticket holders - which was great for taking advantage of the sales and orienting yourself before the hordes arrived. I spent a couple of hours walking down every row in the place. (and snapping the odd picture of the dressed up anime kids)

I won a T-Shirt for the new Clive Owen flick (Shoot 'em Up) by hitting pingpong balls through an opening in a little sign. Also got a couple of free t-shirts from the Anchor Bay booth. Picked up all the free movie posters i saw - got a few different promo posters for the upcoming Halloween film.

The 1st guest i went to see was H. G. Lewis. I met him about 15 years ago at the 1st con i'd ever been to and have been mourning it ever since as the picture i took with him at that time didnt work out due to a broken camera. So finally 15 years later not only do i get a picture with him - I get my old large box beta copy of 2000 Maniacs and the vinyl soundtrack album to blood feast/2000 maniacs signed. H.G is a really nice guy and it was a huge deal to me to meet him again.

Next was Greg Nicotero, FX wizard. I was going to get him to sign Land of the Dead when i notice a Day poster. I didn't realize he worked on that one and he tells me it was his first job - so I get that one signed instead. He's also signing and selling this amazing large hardcover Grindhouse book (a $40 book) for $20 so i grabbed it and got it signed too. Its a wicked book !.

From there I went to Adam West's line. met a fellow from chicago representing his/and his partners indie comics. I got Adam West to sign a very old batman cape I somehow managed to hang onto from my childhood (1966 - when the TV show was playing) He was the most expensive autograph at the show by far (50$)- but it was still cool to meet him.

Next i went to the long Malcolm McDowell line ... he turned out to be the biggest draw at the con bar none .. he should have been the guest of honor. his lines were always long and he took the time to chat with everyone ..A long wait but worth it. I got my DVD of Time After Time signed, and then bought a Halloween (rob zombie) movie poster that he signed as well. really nice man ...

After that .. oh my god ... Adrienne Barbeau. She's in her early 60's and still hot as hell. super sweet too.
This is somewhat embarrasing .. but i still had a copy of that famous bustier poster she did in the 70's ... i was pretty crazy about her when i was a young lad .. and always kept that poster. So now it's signed
She's tiny by the way. She has always had such a commanding presence in all of her films that i always pictured her to be of greature stature .... but she's teeny .. teeny and beautiful

I look over at the Rue Morge magazine booth - and sitting side by side - with NO-ONE waiting ... was Coralina Cataldi Tassoni (Demons 2, Opera, Phantom of the Opera, and the upcoming Mother of Tears) and Maurizio Guarini (Goblin). Typical Toronto 'fans' no one knows who these people are !
From Coralina I get my laserdisc of Demons 2 signed, buy her music CD (its good !) and a signed still. She is also very beautiful.
From Maurizio i get a cd called 'Back to the Goblin.'

I have time for one more guest before they clase down for the night (9:00pm) so i see Dwight Shultz. I've been lugging around a huge toy A-Team helicopter all day for him to sign - which he does. (its cool because the helicopter is labelled Howlin' Mad - his character from the show. yet another very nice guy.

That night - I have been invited to the private Rue Morgue party they have for any con guest of honour who wish to come - as well as the Rue Morgue staff and some people - like me - who have been fortunate enough to be added to the guest list.
I had to take the train home, get showered and drive back downtown. On the train i realize that in my mad dash to board it (lugging bags and a big case) I have lost my weekend pass including the big Dario Argento special event pass that I paid a lot of money for. so i'm not very happy - in a near panic. I'll have to find some way to deal with this in the morning.

so anyway - i get out of the train to get in my car for the ride home and it starts raining hard making me more miserable than i was before.

After showering, changing and spending a couple of minutes with my family, I head back downtown to the party where i only know a couple of people and cant talk to them anyways because i'm near deaf in any bar where music is playing. However i do end up at a table with a couple of other guys chatting with H.G. Lewis for an hour or so... which was extremely cool. this guy is very sharp - and very personable with a million stories.

Before long the music stops and Chris Alexander hops on the stage to introduce Maurizio Guarini and his band he put together for a special one night performance. I was blown right out of my shoes. In front of a screen continuously showing projected Argento posters and stills (as well as other horror related posters and stills) this band proceeded to play all of the best known Goblin soundtrack pieces. it was F***ing Amazing ! I had chills running down my spine. After a bit they bring out Coralina Cataldi Tassoni to perform a track (coincidently my favorite) off of the CD i just bought and listened to on the way to the party. She was great - very passionate and powerful. she followed this up by acompaning the band to the Suspiria main tune. Incredible ... an experience I'll never forget.

After that i wanted to get home because it was 1:30 and i had an hour drive to get back and would be driving right back down again in the morning with my family to attend the con with them. As i was leaving I saw Greg Nicotero at the pary as well as Angela Bettis (May/Sick Girl/Toolbox Murders) but i didnt go over because i'm kind of shy about walking up to people out of the blue. I did stop to tell Coralina and Maurizio that they blew my face right off with that performance, then i took off home for the night.

SATURDAY :

Saturday I get up after 3 hours sleep with a pounding headache. (lack of sleep gives me a sinus headache - i have no idea how the 2 are related). Aided no doubt by the stress of dealing with the unknown 'will hobbystar replace my argento ticket ??'

We head down early so I can deal with this. I have to do it fast because Veronica Taylor - the girl who does the voice of Ash in the english versions of Pokemon is signing at 10:30 - and my son is really pumped about this.
We get downtown before 10 and i went to a booth with my story and was directed to 'customer service'
The girl there wasnt empowered enough to help me but i remained cool and asked if i could speak to her manager (who was coming back in a few minutes) I speak to her manager - she wants to help but needs to speak to her manager (the guy who runs the entire show)
I speak to him and he has me follow him to the 1st booth ... has me wait.. comes back empty handed - but says 'we're gonna fix you up - come back in an hour.

Thank god I bought an unnessessary ticket for my kid because he was really free to get in so they told me to use his ticket to get inside so we could attend the show while we waited for them to get me the Argento pass.

This got us to the veronica Taylor line just in time. The people directly behind us in line became the cut off point for the last people to get to see her. (on the way we stopped at the anchor bay booth to see the woman who was really nice to my son the year before ... she remembered him and had a little chat before we hustled to the V. Taylor line.

V Taylor was taking a lot of time with each person.. and made no exception for my son. she was also very patient and responsive when he started asking a million questions about her (Ash's) pokemons evolving .. it was pretty cute

We were in the line for some time so i quickly ran upstairs immediately after to see about my Argento ticket .. they had it ready for me ... I was very grateful and will be sending them a note of thanks today.

urgeok2
04-21-2008, 12:04 PM
PART 2

We made a quick stop to see Chris at the Rue Morgue booth ... my kid thinks he's the funniest guy in the world and i think chris gets a huge kick out of the knowledge that he can make him laugh no matter what he does.

Then we run upstairs so i can get in line for the Dario Argento Q and A (with Chris moderating) My family buggers off because this kind of thing doesnt interest either of them in the least. While in the line-up i snapped a bunch of pictures of the passing anime and other dressed up people.

I will say at this point that i hate it when they see your camera and snap into their premeditated rehearsed poses.
I prefer candid shots of these guys - while they are walking around - dressed in these rediculously elaborate costumes out of character. My favorites are when they are tired, slumped against a wall, or eating french fries, or just strollling aimlessly etc.

Miraculously I end up in the front row of the Argento session and am able to clearly tape the entire thing. Coralina joined the panel - Chris thought she may be needed to interpret for Dario, but he needed very little. Dario was very cool and down to earth. I really enjoyed the session and didnt for a second lose the sensation that it was a very rare and special time for any horror fan to see and hear Dario in this light. They showed a couple of trailers for his upcoming final entry in the Three Mothers trilogy 'Mother of Tears' looking forward to this one big time.

The next guest I had to meet was Robert Beltran. The people at the con knew him from Star Trek Voyager .. I knew him from Eating Raoul and Scenes from the Class Struggle in Beverly Hills (2 very funny Paul Bartel films) and Night of the Comet. I get my copy of Eating Raoul signed ... this is a very cool guy. His Q and A turned out to be the most entertaining one i saw at the con.

Next, Angela Bettis. Another tiny petite girl, very nice as well. She was in Vancouver BC to do Sick Girl with Lucky McKee and had some nice things to say about working in Canada. I felt instantly dissapointed with myself for not chatting with her at the party because she was so cool and approachable.

Ok .. next - and i'm sticking with this story : we went back to see Adrienne Barbeau I wanted to get her in a picture with my son ... and she was wearing a new outfit Also I bout her autobiography and got her to sign my rare copy of swamp thing (the unedited version). I told her we were going to watch it when we got home and her eyebrows raised a bit - indicating my son ... so i explained to her that in our house nudity isnt promoted as a bad thing (when not presented in a sexual fashion - which we arent prepared to explain to our son quite yet) and we never understood the american mentality where nudity was taboo but violence was just fine ... she said she totally agreed.

Next - we popped over to see Coralina one last time so I could get a picture of her with my wife and son (they both liked her CD - we played it on the way down to the con)

the next thing up was the professional photography session with Dario Argento - part of the exclusive package.
Last year it was done like a factory .. people would get in behind shatner and nimoy and get their pictures without so much as a hi from those guys.

Not Dario - he greeted each person warmly - he's a genuinely nice guy. I brought my son and he was especially nice to him, making sure to shake his hand and say ciao. So we now have a very special picture that my son wont appreciate for another 10 years (until he sees Darios films) ... at which time it should blow his mind !

At this point it's now about 4:00pm. We go to the parking garage, grab our stuff and get our hotel room.
This is the same as the year before. I go by myself Friday to get in the long lines, then we all come down saturday together and stay in the adjoining hotel overnight. this way my wife and son can wander off, go for a swim, etc when they get bored of the con.

I ran back to see the Adrienne Barbeau Q and A hosted again by Chris (who is really good at these things)
She was really fun and lively. Got most of this one taped.

Back downstairs i went to the Chad Vader booth.
I'd never heard of Chad Vader until i saw the name on the convention guest list. I looked into it and saw that it was an internet deal .. these little streaming films about Chad Vader (lesser known brother of Darth - who worked as a day manager in a grocery store. He looks and sounds just like Darth Vader .. and has the same powers of the dark side of the force. Very funny stuff ... takes the piss out of Star Wars. I picked up a DVD of their 1st season and it was signed by everyone at the table.

Stopped to get a couple of quick shots of the Suicide Girls booth and Oderous - from Gwar. His butt was hanging out and he seemed perpetually drunk out of his mind.

6:00pm .. i head back to the hotel. my family had just come back from a swim in the hotel pool... I had to head to a Dario meet and Greet at a private function across the street in an irish pub.
Chatted with a fellow from america (a lot of people from montreal and the USA at this convention - lessening the number of toronto horror fans probably by half - worse than i thought.
Toronto is not a horror town. There are some rabid fans - but not that many. with a huge asian population here, anime and sci fi are the huge draws to the con. I would say that the horror fans are the smallest faction. This is why we cant have an exclusive horror only convention. And most of the guests have a lot of cross over roles in sci-fi, and why guys like gunner hansen, h.g. lewis, Coralina Cataldi Tassoni can have completely empty lines for most of the con. These guys are gods in american cities.

Anyway ...At the meet and greet we were to line up (once Dario was all set) and have a chat with him one at a time, getting an object you brough signed, as well as a promotional Rue Morgue Festival of Fear 2007 poster signed.
I brought my Suspiria limited edition DVD.
There was a Rue Morgue guy there who was using your camera to take a picture with you and Dario if you wished .. who was 'a great photographer - a filmmaker !' the picture he took of me and dario was so out of focus it could have been any 2 guys. unfortunately i didnt check the shot until later ... oh well ... cant wait to see this 'photographers' next film.

I head back to the hotel .. i'm bagged. There's a public Rue Morgue party where Chris and H.G Lewis would be performing the theme from 2000 Maniacs together live but I'm too tired and I'm asleep by 10:00, after reading some of Adrienne Barbeaus autoibiog.

I should mention at this point that on Friday at the same booth where i purchased the H.G. Lewis boxset I also snagged the Kill Bill diaries book by David Carradine. EXCELLENT read ..

I also picked up eight Predator 2 toys (5$ each from another vendor)

SUNDAY :

Sunday is going to be a full day. I have a schedule i have to keep in order to fufill some obligations.
I hustle the family out early - pack up the car (praying that no one breaks in and takes my treasures)
and we head back to the con. On the way in I just happen to see Mr Brett Kelly out of the corner of my eye as I'm hustling for the lineup and go over for a chat.
I wanted to see Prey for the Beast that he was screening but It conflicted with the Ear for Fear music panel Chris was involved with and it was the only thing my wife and son wanted to take take part in.
I was glad to be able to say hi for a few minutes.

After saying good morning to H.G. Lewis to ask how his musical performance went the night before - I jumped into George Romero's line. Finally got my Day of the Dead signed by the great man who made it. another very nice gentleman. I know it's an old cliche but it still amazes me how nice these guys are - who make these violent horrific films, and how evil and vicious the corporate guys are - that i work with on a daily basis.
It's certainly an arguement in favor of Chris Alexanders theory that expressing horror through art is purging and therapeutic because these souless bastards in the corporate world do not have the calm exteriors you see on these filmmakers.

(although i'm not seeing these directors at work .. so that might not stand up in court)

urgeok2
04-21-2008, 12:05 PM
PART 3

The very last signing I wanted to get is Jonathan Frakes. My father in law is a huge fan of the Star Trek next gen. series. (he's in his 80's) I got him a signed Gates McFadden picture last year and was hoping to add to the collection.

we were 2 people from seeing him when he had to leave for his q and a. as luck would have it by the time i got back from all of my other commitmnents - he was gone and i never got him. He did pass by me and gave me a smile and a nod which was kind of funny He was also a very lively guest.. he was hollering at the other guests and the crowd from time to time to get them going. I was sorry i missed out on him.

The ear for Fear panel was coming up so I couldnt wait for Mr Frakes and popped upstairs to the room where it was held. At first it was just Chris. Another composer was supposed to join him as well as Maurizio Guarini but both were MIA. After Chris kept things going for the audience for about 10 - 15 minutes (nice job) Maurizio found his way in and proceded to give a great talk on Goblin and scoring for films in general. Also it turns out he's based in Toronto now .. very cool.

From there i rushed back downstairs to get another signing by Dario for a friend
and then rush back upstairs for the Robert Beltran Q and A.
All weekend long this guys line was empty. He's such a good actor it frustrated me that no one knew who he was and i felt really bad. I went to the q and A 20 min early to be the 1st in line not expecting anyone else to be there.
To my suprise there was a HUGE lineup.. i ended up sitting in the back !
Robert Beltran was visibly suprised as well when he walked into a packed room.

They didnt have a moderator for him and he immediately began to do a q and a by himself which turned out to be the best one of the con for me. the guy is very intelligent, funny, and honest enough to give a definate unglossy look at the Voyager series which horrified 90% of the crowd but had me laughing out loud the entire time.

this guy is one cool cat. I missed out on the Malcolm McDowell Q and A and bailed on the Argento/Romero combined Q and A (i would have been in the back again and i was getting tired and wanted to bail.) The Robert Beltran Q/A was the right one to leave on ..

I was fortunate enough to see him on the way out and told him so ... I said he must have alienated over half of the room and he laughed because he damn well knew what he was doing

So the only thing left to do was to pick up the Argento professionally done photograph (where he and my son look great and i look like an ass) and then head home.

Each year i learn a little more about how to make the experience a little better than the one before.
It can be like hard work at times ..but i really enjoy the brief meetings and building a collection of signed movies and pictures I'll one day pass onto my son. I look for the high points to remember ...and this year there were several unforgettable moments.

So as crazy and tiring as it gets, i'll be first in line for the tickets next year ... no two ways about it

urgeok2
05-16-2008, 07:59 AM
sci-fi portion guest list announced !!

BUZZ ALDRIN
Apollo 11 Astronaut
Historical Icon of the 20th Century

KATE MULGREW
Captain Kathryn Janeway
Star Trek: Voyager

EDWARD JAMES OLMOS
Admiral William Adama
Battlestar Galactica

BRENT SPINER
Lt. Cmdr. Data
Star Trek:The Next Generation

MICHAEL ROSENBAUM
Lex Luthor
Smallville

SEAN ASTIN
Samwise “Sam” Gamgee
Lord Of The Rings

LAURA VANDERVOORT
Kara Zor-El (Supergirl)
Smallville

JAMIE BAMBER
Lee “Apollo” Adama
Battlestar Galactica

RENEE O’CONNOR
Gabrielle
Xena:Warrior Princess

KRISTY SWANSON
Buffy Summers
Buffy The Vampire Slayer (film)

JEREMY BULLOCH
Boba Fett
Star Wars

Special Guests

HENRY WINKLER
The Fonz
Happy Days

Despare
05-16-2008, 08:42 AM
sci-fi portion guest list announced !!

BUZZ ALDRIN
Apollo 11 Astronaut
Historical Icon of the 20th Century

KATE MULGREW
Captain Kathryn Janeway
Star Trek: Voyager

EDWARD JAMES OLMOS
Admiral William Adama
Battlestar Galactica

BRENT SPINER
Lt. Cmdr. Data
Star Trek:The Next Generation

MICHAEL ROSENBAUM
Lex Luthor
Smallville

SEAN ASTIN
Samwise “Sam” Gamgee
Lord Of The Rings

LAURA VANDERVOORT
Kara Zor-El (Supergirl)
Smallville

JAMIE BAMBER
Lee “Apollo” Adama
Battlestar Galactica

RENEE O’CONNOR
Gabrielle
Xena:Warrior Princess

KRISTY SWANSON
Buffy Summers
Buffy The Vampire Slayer (film)

JEREMY BULLOCH
Boba Fett
Star Wars

Special Guests

HENRY WINKLER
The Fonz
Happy Days

I'm not a huge Sci-Fi guy but would love to meet Buzz Aldrin. I'm about 70% sure I'm going, we'll have to meet for a beer or something Urge.

urgeok2
05-16-2008, 08:57 AM
I'm not a huge Sci-Fi guy but would love to meet Buzz Aldrin. I'm about 70% sure I'm going, we'll have to meet for a beer or something Urge.

wicked !
looking forward to it.

so far I'm pumped about

EDWARD JAMES OLMOS

BRENT SPINER

SEAN ASTIN

KRISTY SWANSON

HENRY WINKLER

little disappointed that none of the Firefly people will be here this year.

Despare
05-17-2008, 10:03 PM
Didn't you have some festival pics up here before? Or were they somewhere else?

missmacabre
05-19-2008, 06:51 AM
little disappointed that none of the Firefly people will be here this year.

ditto :mad: I miss out on the best people.

urgeok2
05-20-2008, 07:39 AM
Didn't you have some festival pics up here before? Or were they somewhere else?

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/urgeok/

they can be found here

urgeok2
05-22-2008, 05:17 AM
bumb .. so 'The Best' might notice the answer to his question.

urgeok2
05-26-2008, 12:12 PM
at last - the horror guests have been announced (some crossover with sci-fi

WES CRAVEN
GUEST OF HONOUR
A Nightmare On Elm Street, Scream, The Hills Have Eyes

SID HAIG
House of 1000 Corpses, The Devil's Rejects, Spider Baby

BRAD DOURIF
The Exorcist III, Lord of the Rings, Child's Play

RUGGERO DEODATO
Cannibal Holocaust, Cut and Run, Phantom of Death

TURA SATANA
Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!, Astro Zombies, The Doll Squad

KRISTY SWANSON
Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Deadly Friend, The Phantom

SHAWNEE SMITH
Saw, Saw II, Saw III, The Blob

Special Guests

LLOYD KAUFMAN
The Toxic Avenger, Tromeo & Juliet, Poultrygeist

SEAN ASTIN
Lord of the Rings, The Goonies

Special Appearances

THE CREEPSHOW
Canada’s Horrorbilly Musical Sensation

JOHNNY HOLLOW
Sonic Alchemists

MELANTHA BLACKTHORNE
Death Race, Sinners and Saints

GASLIGHT STUDIO
Special Effects Team, 300, Diary of the Dead

SUICIDE GIRLS
Wizard of Gore

GORD ROLLO
The Jigsaw Man

missmacabre
05-26-2008, 03:43 PM
The Creepshow!!!!! actually my favourite band. I'm sooo stoked now. They've been touring overseas and skipped their Windsor show that was supposed to be my birthday present.

Despare
05-26-2008, 05:01 PM
at last - the horror guests have been announced (some crossover with sci-fi

WES CRAVEN
GUEST OF HONOUR
A Nightmare On Elm Street, Scream, The Hills Have Eyes

SID HAIG
House of 1000 Corpses, The Devil's Rejects, Spider Baby

BRAD DOURIF
The Exorcist III, Lord of the Rings, Child's Play

RUGGERO DEODATO
Cannibal Holocaust, Cut and Run, Phantom of Death

TURA SATANA
Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!, Astro Zombies, The Doll Squad

KRISTY SWANSON
Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Deadly Friend, The Phantom

SHAWNEE SMITH
Saw, Saw II, Saw III, The Blob

Special Guests

LLOYD KAUFMAN
The Toxic Avenger, Tromeo & Juliet, Poultrygeist

SEAN ASTIN
Lord of the Rings, The Goonies

Special Appearances

THE CREEPSHOW
Canada’s Horrorbilly Musical Sensation

JOHNNY HOLLOW
Sonic Alchemists

MELANTHA BLACKTHORNE
Death Race, Sinners and Saints

GASLIGHT STUDIO
Special Effects Team, 300, Diary of the Dead

SUICIDE GIRLS
Wizard of Gore

GORD ROLLO
The Jigsaw Man

So I can bring whatever DVDs I have to get signed and then just wait in an hour long line to get the sigs?

urgeok2
05-26-2008, 06:58 PM
So I can bring whatever DVDs I have to get signed and then just wait in an hour long line to get the sigs?

yeah - it costs an average of 25$ a sig .. either on something you bring or a still photo from them.

(thank ebayers for that - years ago it was free)

Despare
05-26-2008, 08:49 PM
yeah - it costs an average of 25$ a sig .. either on something you bring or a still photo from them.

(thank ebayers for that - years ago it was free)

That sucks, ah well, I guess everybody's out to make a buck.

urgeok2
05-27-2008, 05:55 AM
yeah its a shame - but i cant say i blame them ... for a lot of them it's their main source of income.

plus it must be annoying having someone thrust a bunch of stills in front of you saying 'i dont want them personalized' and knowing what this 'fan' is going to do with the pictures as soon as they leave the con.

to me it would be cool if they did it this way :

the guys who dont need the $$$ do it for free.
the people who are no longer active in the industry charge $10 for personalized sigs, 30$ for non-personalized sigs.

give the real fans a break and penalize the vendors.

Despare
05-27-2008, 12:17 PM
yeah its a shame - but i cant say i blame them ... for a lot of them it's their main source of income.

plus it must be annoying having someone thrust a bunch of stills in front of you saying 'i dont want them personalized' and knowing what this 'fan' is going to do with the pictures as soon as they leave the con.

to me it would be cool if they did it this way :

the guys who dont need the $$$ do it for free.
the people who are no longer active in the industry charge $10 for personalized sigs, 30$ for non-personalized sigs.

give the real fans a break and penalize the vendors.

For sure, try and get the fleabayers to go somewhere else. I don't know if I would want them personalized just because eventually I'll pass my DVD collection on to somebody else but I understand why they charge. I'll just have to bring an extra hundred or so for a few signatures. No biggie I suppose.

urgeok2
05-28-2008, 05:30 AM
someday i'll definately be passing on my DVDs - to my son .. so having them personalized for me will still mean something to him.

he's starting to get a few done for himself now which is fun.

(you'll find that about 70% of the guests do voicework in cartoons.)

missmacabre
05-29-2008, 06:30 PM
Booking my hotel room tomorrow :) All the coed hostel rooms are sold out. Now I just need a way to toronto and a ticket to get into the expo. Wes Craven here I come.

urgeok2
05-30-2008, 12:32 AM
Booking my hotel room tomorrow :) All the coed hostel rooms are sold out. Now I just need a way to toronto and a ticket to get into the expo. Wes Craven here I come.

i booked mine yesterday :)

(the hotel adjoining the con.)

i thought i booked it months ago but something told me to double check and indeed i hadnt - so i missed the con rate.

missmacabre
05-30-2008, 06:47 AM
i booked mine yesterday :)

(the hotel adjoining the con.)

i thought i booked it months ago but something told me to double check and indeed i hadnt - so i missed the con rate.

we ended up getting a four person room at the fairmont. pretty snazzy.

urgeok2
05-30-2008, 07:05 AM
we ended up getting a four person room at the fairmont. pretty snazzy.

my bloody room is $250 a night.

worth it though - my son and wife can go off for a swim when they're bored...and it's conveniently attached to the convention.

i'll try to remember to book earlier for next year.

missmacabre
05-30-2008, 09:02 AM
my bloody room is $250 a night.

worth it though - my son and wife can go off for a swim when they're bored...and it's conveniently attached to the convention.

i'll try to remember to book earlier for next year.

ours is 300 a night, but split between 4 of us and has ample room for hanging out.

urgeok2
05-30-2008, 09:05 AM
ours is 300 a night, but split between 4 of us and has ample room for hanging out.

thats not bad at all ...

hopefully despare will make it up to this thing and at least 3 or 4 of us can meet up and say hi ..maybe grab a lunch or something

missmacabre
05-30-2008, 09:47 AM
thats not bad at all ...

hopefully despare will make it up to this thing and at least 3 or 4 of us can meet up and say hi ..maybe grab a lunch or something

yeah, should be a good time. I'm pretty excited :)
i need to get ID for sure though so I can go to the rue morgue party and see the creepshow. I dont even wanna drink, I just want to make sure I can be there.

Despare
05-30-2008, 09:58 AM
I'm not booking until after tickets go on sale, so I can make SURE the people who say they're going are really going. I don't care if mine's a little ways from the convention as I want to check out Toronto anyway. I haven't been there in a while, only places I go are Ann Arbor and Detroit. Quick question, somebody told me you need two picture IDs to drink in Canada, true? (I'm sure I could google it but I figure you canucks would know. :) )

urgeok2
05-30-2008, 10:03 AM
Quick question, somebody told me you need two picture IDs to drink in Canada, true? (I'm sure I could google it but I figure you canucks would know. :) )

i have no idea,

the only time i was ever asked for id in my life was 20 years ago when i was going out with a girl at Western.

They asked everyone at a school pub - i looked at the guy and said "you have to be kidding me"

he just shrugged and let me in.

i've never had an Age of Majority card - or whatever they called those things

missmacabre
05-30-2008, 10:19 AM
you need one valid picture ID with birthdate and signature. Like one of the new healthcards or your drivers lisence.

The_Return
05-30-2008, 11:21 AM
I'm afraid it doesn't look like money will work out for me to go :(

Shame...oh well, I'll be there next year for sure.

Despare
06-05-2008, 11:21 AM
you need one valid picture ID with birthdate and signature. Like one of the new healthcards or your drivers lisence.

Cool, even if my US license wasn't enough I wouldn't bother getting another ID... I DO however need to find out when they're going to make us get a passport to visit you canucks.

And found.

"US citizens arriving in Canada by land or water do not need a passport until at least summer 2009. "

Zero
06-14-2008, 10:54 AM
we should do an HDC reunion at this - i might go since its only about 6 hours away

The_Return
06-14-2008, 04:25 PM
we should do an HDC reunion at this - i might go since its only about 6 hours away

If you do, you'd better make it an annual thing - I'll be there next year for sure, no questions asked.

Despare
06-17-2008, 03:04 PM

Sounds good to me... my hotel room is already paid for & I have a rental car reserved so I'll be there for sure.

missmacabre
06-17-2008, 06:14 PM
my rooms paid too, just need my ticket but im waiting until my tuition is paid

urgeok2
06-18-2008, 06:32 AM
My room is reserved (in the hotel attached to the convention)

cant buy tickets until July 1

- i'll be getting the special Wes Craven ticket ... might as well ...

newb
06-19-2008, 06:29 AM
i wanna go:(

is there beer

urgeok2
06-19-2008, 06:33 AM
i wanna go:(

is there beer

there is always beer ..

why dont you come up - bring your wife and make a weekend out of it.

(my wife will be there - she and my kid usually bugger off downtown or to the hotel pool when they've had enough of the con..

newb
06-19-2008, 07:10 AM
there is always beer ..

why dont you come up - bring your wife and make a weekend out of it.

(my wife will be there - she and my kid usually bugger off downtown or to the hotel pool when they've had enough of the con..

hmmmm....I can picture that conversation

newb: Hey Mrs. newb......lets take a ride up to Canada and go to the Rue Morgue Festival of Fear.

Mrs. newb: Are you drunk....again

The wife ain't into horror...now if it was a "Festival of Overpriced Pocketbooks"...she'd be all over that shit.

Despare
06-19-2008, 08:39 AM
hmmmm....I can picture that conversation

newb: Hey Mrs. newb......lets take a ride up to Canada and go to the Rue Morgue Festival of Fear.

Mrs. newb: Are you drunk....again

The wife ain't into horror...now if it was a "Festival of Overpriced Pocketbooks"...she'd be all over that shit.

I'm going with a few friends, the wife REALLY didn't want to go. Just go with somebody else. :)

urgeok2
06-19-2008, 10:19 AM
I'm going with a few friends, the wife REALLY didn't want to go. Just go with somebody else. :)

yeah - just sit her on the couch with a big bag of chips and the american idol box set, and sneak up here and hang with your boys ...

newb
06-19-2008, 10:46 AM
not in the cards for this year....perhaps next.

Just make sure to get some pictures as usual and post them here.

urgeok2
06-19-2008, 10:50 AM
not in the cards for this year....perhaps next.

Just make sure to get some pictures as usual and post them here.

you betcha

Despare
06-20-2008, 04:16 PM
My room is reserved (in the hotel attached to the convention)

cant buy tickets until July 1

- i'll be getting the special Wes Craven ticket ... might as well ...

We're just getting the delux ($70) ticket. $40 for an autograph of Wes? Wow... I guess I'll skip bringing NoES, nobodies signature alone is worth $40 to me. (I say that now, watch me pay the man...)

My hotel is ".78 miles" from the convention center. I'm almost as excited about seeing the lantern festival in chinatown, hope that's not a letdown.

urgeok2
06-21-2008, 02:43 PM
We're just getting the delux ($70) ticket. $40 for an autograph of Wes? Wow... I guess I'll skip bringing NoES, nobodies signature alone is worth $40 to me. (I say that now, watch me pay the man...)

My hotel is ".78 miles" from the convention center. I'm almost as excited about seeing the lantern festival in chinatown, hope that's not a letdown.

which hotel is it ??? (address ?)

never seen the chinese lantern festival - but chinatown is interesting..

Despare
06-21-2008, 06:00 PM
which hotel is it ??? (address ?)

never seen the chinese lantern festival - but chinatown is interesting..

Some cheap hotel, the people I'm with decided cheap was better because we won't be spending a lot of time there. Travelodge Downtown Toronto West I think...

urgeok2
06-22-2008, 03:59 AM
Some cheap hotel, the people I'm with decided cheap was better because we won't be spending a lot of time there. Travelodge Downtown Toronto West I think...

i'll look it up to see if i can figure out the best ways for you to find everything.

we'll definately have to make plans for the Friday night. the con will end at 9 so we can your around after that - get you oriented with the city ..

Despare
06-22-2008, 07:27 PM
i'll look it up to see if i can figure out the best ways for you to find everything.

we'll definately have to make plans for the Friday night. the con will end at 9 so we can your around after that - get you oriented with the city ..

Sounds fun, I've had a lot of people tell me how nice Toronto is so I'm pretty excited. We used to go to Windsor a lot and when we weren't going there we were doing sub-zero camping in mid to Northern Canada in fairly unpopulated areas. I can't wait to get a taste of what one person told me is "the apple of Canada's eye".

Hotel is: 621 King St. West

missmacabre
06-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Sounds fun, I've had a lot of people tell me how nice Toronto is so I'm pretty excited. We used to go to Windsor a lot and when we weren't going there we were doing sub-zero camping in mid to Northern Canada in fairly unpopulated areas. I can't wait to get a taste of what one person told me is "the apple of Canada's eye".

Hotel is: 621 King St. West

I was gonna suggest that if you're in Toronto, to check out the AGO. Unfortunately it's closed until November. How stupid is that? Closing an art gallery during peak tourist season?

Despare
06-23-2008, 03:21 PM
I was gonna suggest that if you're in Toronto, to check out the AGO. Unfortunately it's closed until November. How stupid is that? Closing an art gallery during peak tourist season?

That's kind of sad really, it must be because of renovations or something eh?

missmacabre
06-23-2008, 06:13 PM
That's kind of sad really, it must be because of renovations or something eh?

ya. they're rennovating and putting in a bunch of new installments. I had my art in the AGO as part of the in your face gallery. World record for the most portraits or self portraits in an installment. I have pics somewhere. I'll scan and put up sometime.

Despare
06-23-2008, 06:27 PM
ya. they're rennovating and putting in a bunch of new installments. I had my art in the AGO as part of the in your face gallery. World record for the most portraits or self portraits in an installment. I have pics somewhere. I'll scan and put up sometime.

Wow, I had no idea you were so... accomplished. Congrats! Wish I could see them though. :(

missmacabre
06-24-2008, 12:37 PM
Wow, I had no idea you were so... accomplished. Congrats! Wish I could see them though. :(
accomplished my ass. any 3 year old kid could sewnd in a stick figure and call it a portrait. it would still be included. I got to see it though, when my art class went to see a Warhol exhibit.

Since the AGO is closed, your next best bet for fun in TO is..... Evil Dead the Musical at the Deisel Playhouse but their run ends in the beginning of August. Toronto basically sucks this summer.

Despare
06-24-2008, 01:57 PM
accomplished my ass. any 3 year old kid could sewnd in a stick figure and call it a portrait. it would still be included. I got to see it though, when my art class went to see a Warhol exhibit.

Since the AGO is closed, your next best bet for fun in TO is..... Evil Dead the Musical at the Deisel Playhouse but their run ends in the beginning of August. Toronto basically sucks this summer.

You SOOOO got my hopes up as I've been wanting to see that forever... dammit.

Lanterns it is I suppose. I heard there's also a summer music festival around there...

Despare
06-29-2008, 08:40 PM
Looks like Tobe Hooper was added!

urgeok2
06-30-2008, 06:29 AM
Looks like Tobe Hooper was added!

where did you see that ?

i saw that linnea quigley was added (awsome) but nothing about hooper

urgeok2
06-30-2008, 06:41 AM

shame i didnt see that - we go to the ago from time to time

Despare
06-30-2008, 11:48 AM
where did you see that ?

i saw that linnea quigley was added (awsome) but nothing about hooper

http://www.rue-morgue.com/interface/rmp_fof.php

"*new* TOBE HOOPER *new*
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Poltergeist
Salem's Lot

A giant of the horror genre, Tobe Hooper has helmed some of the most time-honoured films in a career spanning three and a half decades, beginning with the breakout success of his 1974 sophomore effort THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE, which today is recognized worldwide as the Holy Grail of savage cinema. Hooper followed his timeless classic with offerings such as EATEN ALIVE, SALEM'S LOT and THE FUNHOUSE before mastering the big budget horror blockbuster with POLTERGEIST in 1982. His other contributions to the genre include the films LIFEFORCE, INVADERS FROM MARS, THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 2, NIGHT TERRORS, THE MANGLER, CROCODILE and TOOLBOX MURDERS, among many others. Tobe's work has also been seen in two seasons of Showtime's hugely popular MASTERS OF HORROR series. Recently, he announced a big screen adaptation of Stephen King's FROM A BUICK 8. "

urgeok2
06-30-2008, 01:18 PM
http://www.rue-morgue.com/interface/rmp_fof.php

they havent updated it on the hobbystar page yet.

this is AWSOME news.

Despare
06-30-2008, 09:39 PM
they havent updated it on the hobbystar page yet.

this is AWSOME news.

Yep, and as of right now I have 4 Premium Passes. I can't wait!

Hey, just out of curiosity Urge (since you've been there and I've decided to make sure you're inundated with questions), can you just go freely from the gaming thing to the horror thing to the sci-fi thing?

urgeok2
07-01-2008, 04:34 AM
Hey, just out of curiosity Urge (since you've been there and I've decided to make sure you're inundated with questions), can you just go freely from the gaming thing to the horror thing to the sci-fi thing?

yep - it's all in the same huge building - each one in a different 'corner'

Elvis_Christ
07-06-2008, 05:33 PM
I'd love to go and get my TCM Part 2 tape signed!

urgeok2
07-08-2008, 04:24 PM
holy shit,

not only did they add Tobe Hooper ...

they also added Bruce MacDonald and Hugh Dillon !!!

and John Saxon !!

this went from mediochre to awsome.
i'm going to be dropping a lot of coin at this one

Despare
07-08-2008, 06:31 PM
holy shit,

not only did they add Tobe Hooper ...

they also added Bruce MacDonald and Hugh Dillon !!!

and John Saxon !!

this went from mediochre to awsome.
i'm going to be dropping a lot of coin at this one

Me too, but I have to buy some movies now, I can't wait to have the Captain Janeway lady sign Remo Williams. :)
The toughest part is figuring out what I want to get signed. :eek:

urgeok2
07-09-2008, 05:40 AM
Me too, but I have to buy some movies now, I can't wait to have the Captain Janeway lady sign Remo Williams. :)
The toughest part is figuring out what I want to get signed. :eek:

i was going to do the same with Remo Williams (my copy is an old origional Beta)

you will want to get something by Bruce MacDonald. He's a Canadian director who has done several movies you'd really like.

Hugh Dillon (another guest) starred in his Hard Core Logo - great movie.
He is also in a very cool Toronto band called The Headstones

try to find some of their music online ..

look for a song called 'Smile and Wave'

Despare
07-09-2008, 10:06 AM
i was going to do the same with Remo Williams (my copy is an old origional Beta)

you will want to get something by Bruce MacDonald. He's a Canadian director who has done several movies you'd really like.

Hugh Dillon (another guest) starred in his Hard Core Logo - great movie.
He is also in a very cool Toronto band called The Headstones

try to find some of their music online ..

look for a song called 'Smile and Wave'

I'll check out The Headstones & Roadkill has been in my Netflix queue for a while now.

urgeok2
07-30-2008, 06:40 PM
23 days away kids..

Despare
07-30-2008, 07:45 PM
23 days away kids..

And did you see the off-site events?

SINS OF A SUPERVIXEN featuring TURA SATANA

Friday : August 22 : 9:00PM
Bloor Cinema : 506 Bloor Street West

$15 at the door $13 in advance

On Friday August 22 Rue Morgue presents SINS OF A SUPERVIXEN An Intimate Evening With TURA SATANA feat. a screening of Russ Meyer's Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill! Satana will introduce the movie and answer questions about her legendary role in Meyer's landmark film.

RUE MORGUE AND BLOCKBUSTER PRESENT
THE NIGHT THAT DRIPPED BLOOD

Saturday : August 23 : 10:30PM
Revival Nightclub : 783 College Street West

On Saturday August 23 Rue Morgue presents THE NIGHT THAT DRIPPED BLOOD Official Party of the 2008 Festival of Fear featuring a Midnite Costume Contest hosted by cult-film icon LINNEA QUIGLEY and a special performance by Canada's own horrorbilly musical sensation THE CREEPSHOW.

AMERICAN MONSTERS featuring TOBE HOOPER

Sunday : August 24 : 9:00PM

$20 at the door $15 in advance

On Sunday August 24 Rue Morgue and Daniloff Productions present AMERICAN MONSTERS An Intimate Evening with TOBE HOOPER feat. a screening of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre and a Q&A with the legendary director speaking about his milestone film.

missmacabre
07-30-2008, 09:14 PM
so having no income i sorta can't go anymore. are those offsite deals available if you don't have a wristband for the convention or whatever? cause i would take a bus to TO and just go to one of those.

urgeok2
07-31-2008, 09:40 AM
And did you see the off-site events?

SINS OF A SUPERVIXEN featuring TURA SATANA

Friday : August 22 : 9:00PM

On Friday August 22 Rue Morgue presents SINS OF A SUPERVIXEN An Intimate Evening With TURA SATANA feat. a screening of Russ Meyer's Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill! Satana will introduce the movie and answer questions about her legendary role in Meyer's landmark film.

RUE MORGUE AND BLOCKBUSTER PRESENT
THE NIGHT THAT DRIPPED BLOOD

Saturday : August 23 : 10:30PM
Revival Nightclub : 783 College Street West

On Saturday August 23 Rue Morgue presents THE NIGHT THAT DRIPPED BLOOD Official Party of the 2008 Festival of Fear featuring a Midnite Costume Contest hosted by cult-film icon LINNEA QUIGLEY and a special performance by Canada's own horrorbilly musical sensation THE CREEPSHOW.

AMERICAN MONSTERS featuring TOBE HOOPER

Sunday : August 24 : 9:00PM

$20 at the door $15 in advance

On Sunday August 24 Rue Morgue and Daniloff Productions present AMERICAN MONSTERS An Intimate Evening with TOBE HOOPER feat. a screening of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre and a Q&A with the legendary director speaking about his milestone film.

I might consider the Fri/Sat night events if you're into it - by sunday night i'm pretty bagged though - and just want to get home.

too bad because that one would be cool to attend.

Despare
08-04-2008, 11:49 AM
I might consider the Fri/Sat night events if you're into it - by sunday night i'm pretty bagged though - and just want to get home.

too bad because that one would be cool to attend.

I don't know if we'll be heading home before Sunday's or not. I'd like to make it but we'd either have to drive home afterwards or find a motel because we booked for two nights not three.

Hey Miss, how'd you get a refund on your hotel room and tickets?

missmacabre
08-04-2008, 11:22 PM
I don't know if we'll be heading home before Sunday's or not. I'd like to make it but we'd either have to drive home afterwards or find a motel because we booked for two nights not three.

Hey Miss, how'd you get a refund on your hotel room and tickets?

It was just a like a holding fee for the room, you get it back if you don't want it anymore. Luckily I hadn't bought my ticket yet when I found out I wouldn't be going. Next year I am going for sure, hopefully I won't get fired and be forced by osap to not get another job.

Despare
08-06-2008, 01:28 PM
It was just a like a holding fee for the room, you get it back if you don't want it anymore. Luckily I hadn't bought my ticket yet when I found out I wouldn't be going. Next year I am going for sure, hopefully I won't get fired and be forced by osap to not get another job.

Hopefully you can still make one of the off-site events. They all look pretty cool, but I'd be careful about taking a bus in Canada. ;)

urgeok2
08-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Hopefully you can still make one of the off-site events. They all look pretty cool, but I'd be careful about taking a bus in Canada. ;)

thats manitoba - it's not really canada.

we're not sure what it is really.

urgeok2
08-15-2008, 05:31 AM
1 week and counting.

my dvds and laserdiscs are pulled for signing.
I'll be dropping a fair bit of coin on this - but it's worth it ..
by the end of the weekend i'll have a lot of DVDs signed by the director and star of several cool films.

Hilti88NYC
08-17-2008, 08:37 AM
What state is this being held in ? If its NY,NJ,PA,Im there.

newb
08-18-2008, 05:18 PM
What state is this being held in ? If its NY,NJ,PA,Im there.

different country

Despare
08-21-2008, 05:30 AM
I'll be leaving tomorrow at about 11...

urgeok2
08-21-2008, 04:20 PM
I'll be leaving tomorrow at about 11...

i'll be down there around noon ... give me a shout when you get in if you're able ..

I'm going to try to tape the linnea quigley Q and A tomorrow night

Abominus
08-22-2008, 08:05 AM
I'll be there all day Saturday. I can't believe I've never made it to one before now. So lame.

newb
08-23-2008, 12:30 PM
We expect a FULL report when you all get back.....pictures as well.