PDA

View Full Version : The Brain that wouldnt die

Ritualistic
01-18-2004, 12:24 PM
anyone else like this classic B&W movie..??

Dr.Kelvinstein
01-19-2004, 11:03 AM
Yes, but I'm a sucker for living severed head movies and anything with a sentinent brain in a jar. Maybe I'm just strange. You can pick this one up on DVD mucho cheap, too!!!!

Ever see the Frozen Dead, I think it was called. The girl's best friend is killed and her mad fater-doctor father keeps her head alive. I think he also has a squad of undead SS super soldiers on ice or something. Anyhow, at the end of the movie the severed head is mouthing the words "Kill me" over and over. Freaky.

avenger00soul
01-19-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
Yes, but I'm a sucker for living severed head movies and anything with a sentinent brain in a jar.

Ever see City of Lost Children then?

Dr.Kelvinstein
01-19-2004, 11:45 AM
Yes; I was kinda late getting to City Of Lost Children, though. Saw it like a year or so ago on IFC. Did like it, though. Great camera-work!!!!

avenger00soul
01-19-2004, 11:47 AM
Yes; I was kinda late getting to City Of Lost Children, though. Saw it like a year or so ago on IFC. Did like it, though. Great camera-work!!!!

Just a brilliant movie all around IMO. I'm a sucker for Ron Perlman though.

Dr.Kelvinstein
01-19-2004, 11:53 AM
Ron Perlman's my big ugly Hero. Can't wait for Hell Boy. Ron's forehead is so big and lumpy that, had he grown a beard, he could've almost made Quest For Fire without makeup.

"Who do I have to fuck to get off this boat?"

"Me. You'll get off. I don't know about off the boat, but you'll get off."

avenger00soul
01-19-2004, 11:56 AM
Did you ever see Primal Force with Ron? It was Ron vs. killer monkeys. I felt bad for him cuz it was like watching him kill his brethren. I also crack up everytime I watch Alien: Resurrection and he does that monkey immitation.

Dr.Kelvinstein
01-19-2004, 12:03 PM
Hahaha!!! Ron killing his brethren, that's so funny! I haven't seen Primal Force, but will indeed search for it now that I know Ron fights monkeys. Gotta love that.

I crack up in Quest For Fire when they have dog-style sex with the girls getting water and make monkey faces. Strange.

avenger00soul
01-19-2004, 12:04 PM
Hahaha!!! Ron killing his brethren, that's so funny! I haven't seen Primal Force, but will indeed search for it now that I know Ron fights monkeys. Gotta love that.

Just wait until Sci-fi replays it. They always do.

swiftdeath
01-20-2004, 04:49 PM
Yep, it was pretty interesting. I like the older horror movies more than the newer ones for some reason.

Sam The Egg
01-21-2004, 06:52 PM
ugh, horrible. One of the bottom 10 IMO

juanhacko
01-21-2004, 07:41 PM
I too liked "The Brain That Wouldn't Die" I haven't seen it in long time.
A couple of other movies you might like are:
The Lady and the Monster--early 40's--Vera Ralston
Donovan's Brain--50's--Nancy Regan--former First Lady
The Brain From Planet Arous--50's--Silly but weird!

Ritualistic
02-02-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Sam The Egg
ugh, horrible. One of the bottom 10 IMO
your opinion doesnt matter

Sam The Egg
02-02-2004, 04:30 PM
more like your opinion doesn't matter, NERD!

Ritualistic
02-03-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Sam The Egg
more like your opinion doesn't matter, NERD! fuck off.. to be honest it would be fucking great if you didnt even post in a thread I start, cause I dont like you, and it hasnt nothing to do with you being an asshole.

Sam The Egg
02-03-2004, 01:16 PM
awww, I'm crushed

Awesome McBadass
08-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Oh, hell yes.
"The Brain That Wouldn't Die" is in my top 5 favorite horror movies of all time list.
I should get a tattoo of her head or something.

neverending
08-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Yes, it's a great classic

Like an earlier poster I love the living brain type movies.

Doc Faustus
08-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Brain that Wouldn't Die is my mother's favorite fifties monster movie. I always wondered why. If it kept up the atmosphere, I might have understood, but it feels sort of uneven to me.

phantomstranger
08-07-2008, 01:30 PM
One of my all time favorite bad horror movies. A true classic of it's kind. (which is of course,crap)

NGC1514
08-22-2008, 04:38 PM
As long as this seems to be the place for detached head movies.

One from the late 50's a friend and I talked about, but can't remember the name. A woman carries around the severed head of a pirate(? - something that looks like it dates back a couple hundred years) that doesn't actually make any sound, but moves his lips as if he was talking. As he does, we THINK the person he was looking at comes under his control.

Seems like he was eventually reunited with the rest of him, but we can't remember what happened.

Not much, I know, but can anyone put a name to this movie?