PDA

View Full Version : Favorite videos?

avenger00soul
01-17-2004, 07:31 PM
Refused-New Noise.

Stabbing Westward-whichever one where they were watching that movie.

Radiohead-whichever one where all the people were lying on the ground--creepy as hell.

Anthrax-Inside Out (Just like the old Twilight Zone episode with Shatner).

Skrape (I think that was the bandname)-whichever one was nothing but skateboard injuries.

Got any?

Digital Murders
01-17-2004, 07:36 PM
I don't watch much TV, and if I did, it wouldn't be a savy music channel.

But the only video that I've seen the past few years was Meshuggahs Ration Gaze.

I figure if you want to see a band...see em live. It's better.;)

avenger00soul
01-17-2004, 07:59 PM
I didn’t really want social commentary when I started this thread.:D I wanted to hear about cool videos. Where is it written that in order to see music videos you must watch a “savvy music channel?” Why must you watch tv at all? There are plenty of internet sites with music videos Digital. Not trying to argue, just saying.

Anyone got any legitimate responses?

Arioch
01-17-2004, 08:01 PM
NIN - Closer (fucking classic)
Marilyn Manson - Sweet dreams, and dope hat (always like the Willy Wonka on acid routine

Tool - Sober (great video) but the stop motion has run its course and is old as shit now.:rolleyes:

avenger00soul
01-17-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Arioch
Tool - Sober (great video) but the stop motion has run its course and is old as shit now.:rolleyes:

Yeah, they need a new schtick don't they?

Arioch
01-17-2004, 08:26 PM
Yeah, they need a new schtick don't they?

I think that can be said for their music as well LOL:D

Digital Murders
01-17-2004, 08:29 PM
Sorry to add stuff to my post, I didn't know that wasn't allowed.:rolleyes:

And I know you can d/l them off of sites like yahoo and shit, but a lot of them don't have shit I'm looking for, so there's no point.

avenger00soul
01-17-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Digital Murders
Sorry to add stuff to my post, I didn't know that wasn't allowed.:rolleyes:

Well, you didn't really answer the question to begin with. You gave me one video but you didn't say if you even liked it or not. It seemed like you just wanted to say how much of a non-conformist you are by not watching tv and shit. That's just the way it came across though.

last bad move
01-17-2004, 10:55 PM
Marilyn Manson - Sweet dreams, and dope hat (always like the Willy Wonka on acid routine

Tool - Sober (great video) but the stop motion has run its course and is old as shit now.:rolleyes: did you ever see the uncut verson of closer. its sweet. to answer the question i like the video jermy by pearl jam and i like spit it out by slipknot (the shining theme is pretty cool)

mudsliptones
01-18-2004, 01:11 AM

yes, the marilyn manson vid is damn cool

tool videos are also cool, pretty tripping shit
I'm more into the performing video, so no horror vids, lol
The new machine head video is good, I liked that original falling vido fropm mudvayne allot, not the new one

Arioch
01-18-2004, 02:14 AM
did you ever see the uncut verson of closer. its sweet. to answer the question i like the video jermy by pearl jam and i like spit it out by slipknot (the shining theme is pretty cool)

Ya the uncut version was pretty hardcore, much cooler than the cut one.

Digital Murders
01-18-2004, 09:49 AM
Yes, Rational Gaze is a great video, especially if you fuckin tore up since a lot of the video is distorted and shit.

Happy?:confused:

D'Lo
01-18-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by avenger00soul

Anthrax-Inside Out (Just like the old Twilight Zone episode with Shatner).

Great video 'Huh, there are people on the side of the plane?'

Some videos I like:

- 'The Day the Dead walked' by Six Feet under is a pretty cool vid, especially if you're into horror;

- 'I Keed' by Triumph made me laugh when I saw it;

- Type O Negative's 'I don't wanna be me' was also a good one;

- Foo Fighters - 'Everlong' (because it has Evil Dead references + a 'hero' with a giant hand, pretty funny stuff!)

lizbian912
01-18-2004, 06:51 PM
I love tool videos, love closer by nin, and I like a lot of manson videos as well. I really love videos, though, that show the band performing infront of a live audience. I think that rocks, cause if its a band that I've seen then I can think back to it. Like that one Disturbed video(the title escapes my memory) where they show clips of them singing at two different auditoriums - one being the Pershing auditorium in Lincoln, NE - where I saw them twice.

Satanic~Heaven
01-19-2004, 02:08 PM
Immortal - Blashyrd(Mighty Raven Dark)

Killer Clown#1
01-19-2004, 03:36 PM
Korn-Freak on a leash:)

last bad move
01-20-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Satanic~Heaven
Immortal - Blashyrd(Mighty Raven Dark) hay where did you get your avator

Satanic~Heaven
01-20-2004, 08:17 AM
somewhere on the web...dont remember where!!

kali
01-22-2004, 06:27 PM
Warlock - Skinny Puppy
Prison Sex - Tool
Street Spirit - Radiohead
The Price of Reality - Amen
Rather Be Dead - Refused
Vidrar vel til loftarasa - Sigur Ros
Spark - Tori Amos
Wish - Nin

Arioch
01-23-2004, 02:05 AM
"Wish" was good.

Anyone ever see the "pinion" video from that same album, with the toilet flushing, lol.

buddy
01-23-2004, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by kali

Vidrar vel til loftarasa - Sigur Ros

awesome, isn't that the one with the boys playing soccer, the one lad scores. ;) seen them once, they're a great band

battlstarr
01-23-2004, 07:07 PM
The Misfits-Scream

nightbreed
01-23-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by avenger00soul

Stabbing Westward-whichever one where they were watching that movie.

the name of the song is shame. this is probably my favorite video of all time. very creative outlook on the song. yeah that fucking ruled.

xshiny_demonx
01-24-2004, 07:37 AM
...foo fighters - everlong.
...good choice w/ that refused video, thats a killer one.
ummm...the transplants - diamonds and guns
rob zombie - spookshow baby

friday13thfan
01-24-2004, 11:10 AM
disturbed- remember

Dreaming Girl
02-04-2004, 10:38 PM
Not many real good music videos out there - considering the potential of the medium it's pretty sad only about 1% of the artists make use of it. Of course, those that could/would do something truly cool can't afford to... Oh well.

My favorites:

"Worlock" by Skinny Puppy
"Closer" by NIN
"The Perfect Drug" by NIN
"Locusts" by Spahn Ranch
"Smack My Bitch Up" by The Prodigy
"Illuminati" by Malice Mizer (the type of video people like Marilyn Manson wish they could make...)

and...

"Move Your Feet" by Junior Senior :D

Arioch
02-04-2004, 11:04 PM
Smack my bitch up was a really good video i thought. It actually had a really good point. And it got mtv all hot and bothered lol.

Of course we all know about the great Closer video. I WILL HAVE THOSE BOOTS TRENT!!!!YOU HEAR ME?!?!?!?!?!

avenged_soul
02-05-2004, 01:46 PM
blind melon- no rain
the cranberries- zombie
good charlotte- hold on

ckyguy
02-05-2004, 04:18 PM
If you guys want to see some really awesome music videos go check out the CKY I.D.R. video album. If you like scary movies it has a really great video called "Escape from hellview." Shock and terror is a great video also. Hell, All of the videos are great! It's CKY! You can get it at best buy for seventeen bucks. Trust me once you listen to CKY you won't go back to that mainstream shit.

Arioch
02-05-2004, 04:22 PM
Trust me once you listen to CKY you won't go back to that mainstream shit.

Hate to tell you man but CKY IS pretty popular. They are on the soundtrack to a Tony Hawk Pro Skater game, thats not exactly underground.

ckyguy
02-05-2004, 04:38 PM
Sorry to tell you man but they are only on there because of bam margera. Jess is bam's brother and he plays drums in the band. The music is on jackass too. But no trust me CKY isnt mainstream they just have mainstream popularity

Arioch
02-05-2004, 05:53 PM
The music is on jackass too. But no trust me CKY isnt mainstream they just have mainstream popularity

:confused:

The_Return
05-05-2006, 02:35 PM
I dont watch many videos, but I was flicking channels today and one caught my eye.

Save Me by Nickleback...the song isnt much, but I thought it was a really cool video.

friday13thfan
05-05-2006, 04:39 PM
The Seduction by He is Legend
forget to remember by Mudvayne
duality by slipknot
solitare/unraveling by mushroomhead
vulture by A life once lost

noctuary
05-05-2006, 05:02 PM
Wow, Return, you really exhumed this one, eh? Anyway, my fave videos are...

Nine Inch Nails - "Happiness in Slavery"
Skinny Puppy - "Worlock"
Aphex Twin - "Come to Daddy"

Jacob Singer
05-06-2006, 05:21 AM
QOTSA-Go with the flow
NIN-Closer
Anthrax-Inside out
The Cure-Lullaby
Monster Magnet-Unbroken, Motel baby
The Ramones-I wanna be sedated
The Cult-Painted in my heart
Bauhaus-Bela Lugosi's Death (Live)

Paul Is Dead
05-06-2006, 05:49 PM
Thursday-Understanding In A Car Crash(really captures the old hometown shows in Jersey)
My Chemical Romance-Vampires Will Never Hurt You(Before "I'm Not Okay","Helena","Ghost of You", and all videos Marc Webb they had an awesome low-budget video for this song released their indie debut)
Thrice-Image of the Invisable(It's just a cool concept)
That's it for now, I don't watch videos too much.

The Mothman
05-06-2006, 08:50 PM
Any pennywise video

Aphex Twin - Drukqs

Amalthea
05-07-2006, 02:20 AM
Laurie Anderson - Oh Superman
Vangelis - Themes

chainleen
05-07-2006, 03:50 AM
2 of my favorites:

NIN - Happiness in Slavery
The Cardigans - My Favorite Game

Dante'sInferno
05-07-2006, 08:52 AM
"Ironman"-Black Sabbath
"Paranoid"-Black Sabbath
"Crazy Train"-Ozzy Osbourne
"No more Tears"-Ozzy Osbourne
"Superbeast"-Rob Zombie
"Thunder kiss 65'"-White Zombie
"Return of the Phantom Stranger"-Rob Zombie:cool:
"Detroit Rock City"-KISS
"Man in the Box"-Alice in Chains
"Hurt"-Nine Inch Nails/Johnny Cash
"Into The Void"Nine Inch Nails
"Preety Hate Machine"-Nine Inch Nails
"Persanol Jesus"-Marilyn Manson
"Tourinquet"-Marilyn Manson
"Sober"-Tool
"StinkFist"-Tool
"Schism"-Tool

Bah....I'll add more later.

The Mothman
05-09-2006, 08:11 AM
download and watch this video (drukqs by Aphex Twin) (http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/view?&h=90&w=120&type=realmedia&rurl=dnbforum.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D1641&vurl=http%3A%2F%2Fstreams.netscalibur.co.uk%3A8080 %2Framgen%2F%7Edhs-0026%2Faphextwin%2Fdrukqs_clip.rm&back=p%3Ddrukqs%26fr%3DFP-tab-vid-t%26toggle%3D1%26cop%3D%26ei%3DUTF-8&turl=re2.mm-so.yimg.com%2Fimage%2F1703258592&name=%3Cb%3Edrukqs%3C%2Fb%3E_clip.rm&no=1&tt=16&p=drukqs&oid=0000000000000962&size=30&dur=30)

urgeok
05-15-2006, 08:41 AM
i havent seena music video in about 15 years ..

i guess i like whatever ones feature jamaican girls dancing in those tiny shorts.

:D

The_Return
07-27-2006, 08:05 PM
Might have been mentioned already, but Right Now by Van Halen has a great video.

Bee-otch
08-02-2006, 01:46 AM
Bullets video by Creed .