PDA

View Full Version : Strange Luck

avenger00soul
01-16-2004, 06:42 PM
As Cheeba is having hard luck getting responses to his Nowhere Man thread, I'm sure I will have few responses to this. Did anyone ever watch this short lived series about a guy who had really fortunate luck? Like something bad would happen, and then later something good would come from it. It starred DB Sweeney and was really cool.

cheebacheeba
01-16-2004, 06:53 PM
heres a complimentary "never saw it" reply from the cheebster....sounds kinda interesting tho.....comedy?
u know one I liked, totally unrelated....the one how some guy has a cat bring him "tommorows" newspaper...that was cool...

avenger00soul
01-16-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
heres a complimentary "never saw it" reply from the cheebster....sounds kinda interesting tho.....comedy?
u know one I liked, totally unrelated....the one how some guy has a cat bring him "tommorows" newspaper...that was cool...

Now, it wasn't a comedy. Can't really place it a genre. It was just...strange.

Early Edition is the show you speak of.

cheebacheeba
01-16-2004, 07:00 PM
thats right....did ya like it?
another of my fav oldskool shows, and pleeez dont diss me out toally about this, was the babysitters club....hAHAhAhaAhAHAaH, JUST FUCKIN AROUND, i WAS GONNA SAY "QUANTUM LEAP"

avenger00soul
01-16-2004, 07:01 PM
Never saw Early Edition, but fucking love Quantum Leap. The bastard never made it home either. Should have done a movie...it deserved one.

cheebacheeba
01-16-2004, 07:05 PM
DEFINATELY! I was also SOOOO dissapointed by the ending...
However, if youre a reader, they did 10+ books that were set after the series, they find him again...the "bad" leaper is in 'em too...I haven't read the last few, but I'd hope they had a better resolution than the last episode...

avenger00soul
01-16-2004, 07:08 PM
The evil leaper was such a great concept. I loved those episodes. I wish they would just do a movie to resolve it. I think it's been to long though.:(

cheebacheeba
01-16-2004, 07:20 PM
I take it you haven't heard about the "awww geeeez" upcoming release of "the Thunderbirds" yet then???

avenger00soul
01-16-2004, 07:26 PM
I take it you haven't heard about the "awww geeeez" upcoming release of "the Thunderbirds" yet then???

If you're talking about those old puppet shows, then yes I have. Bill Paxton is supposed to be in it. Too funny. That's pure nostalgia though. Alot of that old shit is coming back. Hell, Starsky and Hutch is coming back. I don't think QL is quite old enough yet. And it's not fresh in moviegoer's heads. So it's just stuck for now.

cheebacheeba
01-16-2004, 07:35 PM
I know....moviemakers have a knack for overlooking the shows ppl really WANNA see, for more than just a laugh....
what other tv series u think the could (and should) movie-ise?

avenger00soul
01-16-2004, 07:40 PM
I know....moviemakers have a knack for overlooking the shows ppl really WANNA see, for more than just a laugh....
what other tv series u think the could (and should) movie-ise?

Prophet. This show kicked so much ass it was unbelievable. It got cancelled just as it was getting really good. Not horror though.

Most of my favorite shows are anthology shows. So they really wouldn't translate to films. I'm drawing a blank on other shows.

sleepaway
02-07-2004, 06:27 AM
I remember Strange Luck - it was excellent. He was a photographer wasn't he?

I used to like Dark Skies also.

avenger00soul
02-08-2004, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by sleepaway
I remember Strange Luck - it was excellent. He was a photographer wasn't he?

I used to like Dark Skies also.

Yes, he was a photographer. He figured as long as all this crazy shit is happening to him, he might as well get paid for it. Kinda like Spider Man.

Dark Skies was also very cool after I forced myself to get into it.

sleepaway
02-10-2004, 06:06 AM
dark Skies seems an obvious choice to go on to DVD. Saw an old VHS copy of the pilot in the bargain bin the other day, may go back and get it.