PDA

View Full Version : fake blood secret recipe

sickfish
01-06-2008, 07:02 PM
does anyone know a good fake blood recipe ? What does the industry use ? Must be edible and non-toxic . Raspberry flavour maybe, with no sweetners . If my extras are going to die horribly , I would like them to be healthy corpses .

But seriously ... what do I use ? Corn oil ? Glycerine ? I live in UK so no brand-names please .

fortunato
01-06-2008, 07:10 PM
light corn syrup
non-dairy creamer
red food coloring
blue food coloring
yellow food coloring (if you can find it)

lots of corn syrup, a bit of non-dairy creamer, lots of red food coloring, some blue food coloring, and a bit of yellow.

there are no specific directions for making this stuff. it's really all trial-and-error, but this is the best method i've found.

Angelakillsluts
01-07-2008, 07:58 AM
light corn syrup
non-dairy creamer
red food coloring
blue food coloring
yellow food coloring (if you can find it)

lots of corn syrup, a bit of non-dairy creamer, lots of red food coloring, some blue food coloring, and a bit of yellow.

there are no specific directions for making this stuff. it's really all trial-and-error, but this is the best method i've found.

That's probably the best non-toxic fake blood recipe

horrorchic
01-29-2008, 02:29 PM
I just use Karo Syrup with red food coloring mix well and then add a little bit of water to thin it out. I know that corn syrup is the primary for most horror films, but also they have used milk mixes, jello mixes, and then if you want alien blood, soup.... pea soup.

Experiment with food till you find something that looks good.

sickfish
01-29-2008, 07:02 PM
wow , you were born on Halloween night ? that's amazing !

we don't get corn syrup over here (not that I can find anyway) so I'll have to try something else . I'm a good cook so I can experiment . My friend is going to be working in a morgue soon so she can give me hints on dead body related stuff . I need a nurse or surgeon to let me know what fresh blood looks like when it's spewing out of an artery or a vein . One is darker than the other - oxygen content I think . I want my blood to be specific to the injury , not all one uniform colour .

Good luck in making movies !

Top Ten Horror

1 : The Shining

2 : Night of The Living Dead (original)

3 : The Exorcist

4 : War of the Worlds (not either movie , but the Radio Show that freaked out over 1,000,000 Americans who ran to the hills , some committing suicide)

5 : They Live - John Carpenter's masterpiece of conspiracy

6 : Shadow of the Vampire

7 : White Zombie - Bela Lugosi at his melodramatic best

8 : Hostel - truer than Cannibal Holocaust

9 : I Am Legend - the basis for Night of The Living Dead , story from 1962 , remade countless times as other films eg Omega Man , The Last Man On Earth , etc

10 : Wicker Man - original with Christopher Lee

occupier
02-13-2008, 06:17 AM
i havent seen all those films but i wish i had hope so in futuro