PDA

View Full Version : Help with plot...

RottingCorpse
01-16-2004, 05:50 PM
Hey everyone...

I'm interested in filming a low budget movie in my area... but that's not the problem. I have an idea for the movie, I'm going with the classic zombie flick (Gotta love 'em!:D) but I need some help with the plot. I've always been terrible with that area. Does anybody have any suggestions for plot or any advice? Thanks.

avenger00soul
01-16-2004, 05:59 PM
I've always felt that we needed a zombie/road movie. But that would probably call for a bigger budget. Or, set it long after the zombie takeover and have rival gangs fighting over territory while evading zombies. Have the zombies be just kind of a nuisance until one gang member finds and unleashes armored zombies that the military was prepping for war. Then all hell breaks loose.

I want story credit though.:D

ckyguy
02-05-2004, 04:50 PM
I can help you with the plot. We can write it together. I don't even need credit. Email me at

[email protected]

Nish
02-05-2004, 07:03 PM
I think something like Resident Evil would be cool. The main character is stuck in a building full of zombies and has to survive till help arrives. Dont make it as action-packed as Resident Evil, and dont make the main character kick the zombies around like some badass fighter. Make it a genuine horror movie, with shocks, surprises, sneak attacks and running. It'll be great.

joshreluctant
02-05-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Nish
I think something like Resident Evil would be cool. The main character is stuck in a building full of zombies and has to survive till help arrives. Dont make it as action-packed as Resident Evil, and dont make the main character kick the zombies around like some badass fighter. Make it a genuine horror movie, with shocks, surprises, sneak attacks and running. It'll be great.

Hold it here. Since when is anything like Resident Evil cool. And since when is Resident Evil action packed? For that matter, when is any Paul Anderson film action packed or cool. Or for that matter scary. I lived in the world of RE, when the movie was released, I stopped playing. True story. Peace.

Josh

Nish
02-05-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by joshreluctant
Hold it here. Since when is anything like Resident Evil cool.

Its a cool concept. Atleast, I think a proper director can get a good movie out of it.

And since when is Resident Evil action packed?

For a zombie movie, it is. It's more action packed than most horror flicks.

For that matter, when is any Paul Anderson film action packed or cool. Or for that matter scary. I lived in the world of RE, when the movie was released, I stopped playing. True story. Peace.

Josh

Well, thats still your opinion. RE isn't one of my fave movies or fave games. But I think its a good concept that a competent writer/director can handle. Peace.

SGris
02-06-2004, 01:32 PM
hey i was a film major in college and planning to do something. this is a tip that may help you create your own idea which is better and ultimately easier for you. first list all of the resources that you can get. how much money do you have? what kind of equipment? equipment that will be use full in the woods? in a small room? what access to sets do you have? if you only have realistic access to the houses of friends and family not bars or offices. that will affect the plot. a plot will begin to show itself after you figure out what you have.
for example you have:
- your house. roomy basement with lots of room for production

-a freinds house. large back yard cant see other buildings can be "small woods set"

3 cars. urs , friends, freind 2
adding the practical and the creative. you can have a film with "one" set (pick the most useful rooms from both places write as one house) that invlves out limmited out side scene and some driving. tehn go from there

etc
start as low budget as you can with one set. go on from there. a story will begin to shwo itself after that. create your own story so you are the captain and you are in charge. add others to help fine tune it with dialouge and scene writing.

sleepaway
02-07-2004, 03:55 AM
I like Resident Evil. Wasn't scary but it was cool.