PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Independent Film Maker

Liar,liar
01-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Me and my my friend write Independent Horror movies that we hope to make once graduated College I'm almost done writing my movie titled Terror In Transylvania about a plane that crashes and the survivers are looking for sivilazation but they run into a cannibalistic family I'm also working on The Manson Family its about Charles Manson and his childhood.

Roderick Usher
01-01-2008, 10:05 AM
Welcome

let us know when we can see one of your films

Liar,liar
01-01-2008, 12:57 PM
Well I have to get enogh money to make it half descent I'm probably going to make it low-budget because I'm a big fan of Independent low-budget Horror films there always more gory and fucked up but I have alot of the movie scripts typed up I'm also working ona Vampire Occult film called Vampr and another called Inside The Devil's Triangle about the Bermuda Triangle and the Paranormalities that happen in it.

The Terrible Grumbler
01-03-2008, 12:35 PM
What are you studying in college if you don't mind me asking?

Liar,liar
01-03-2008, 01:42 PM
I'm not in college I will be in 2 years but I'm going to go for Filmography so I can produce al my movies but if you want to here any of the storys I've got I could PM them to you if you'd like that.

Roderick Usher
01-03-2008, 01:45 PM
I must suggest to any young person thinking about going to film school...save the money and use it to make your own film.

Either that or use the campus for the equipment and spend all of your time making your movie instead of going to class.

You'll learn ten times faster by doing than by listening to someone who teaches instead of doing

Liar,liar
01-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Alrighty then hahahaha never hought off it that way.

massacre man
01-03-2008, 04:31 PM
"Terror In Transylvania" caught my interest simply based on the title, I'd like to hear more on that one if you don't mind.

Roderick Usher
01-03-2008, 06:39 PM
Alrighty then hahahaha never hought off it that way.

I'll shoot you a PM

I'm a dropout - and I make films

Angelakillsluts
01-03-2008, 08:38 PM
I must suggest to any young person thinking about going to film school...save the money and use it to make your own film.

That's what I was told.That and make a slasher movie in a cabin for my first movie.

I good 90% or more of people I've met on movie sets went to some kind of film school, some of them know so much more than I do about different aspects of filmmaking and some of them were just worthless food hounds. :mad: I think books are great, they can give you a bit of confidence when you step on a set for the first time. I have a lot of books on lighting and that, the gaffer's from a movie I was working on awhile ago was at my house when he saw a bunch of my books and told me that all he ever learned about lighting was from working at a rental house. He was a lighting genius in my opinion, haha maybe it's because I know so little though. Oh well everyone starts at zero :)

I think there are a lot of paths you can go to learn about filmmaking, but knowledge is no substitute for experience.

I'll read anything you have liar, I love to hear movie ideas and sharing my own.

p.s listen to roderick, he's working with dario argento! :D

Liar,liar
01-04-2008, 11:12 AM
Alright I'll PM you the first chapter and you can tell me what you think and be harsh if it sucks tell me so I can make everything better.

Liar,liar
01-04-2008, 11:23 AM
Here's the Prolouge to "Terror In Transylvania" the words in parenthesis are in Romanian.

PROLOUGE

The moon shined brightly through the trees, cries of pain disturbed the silences that usually dominated the forest. Birds flew out of the trees, and creatures scurried through the damp leaves, trying to get away from the wooden building that occupied the clearing.
The black door to the building opened up with a loud bang. A dark skinned man, with black uneven cut hair, wearing nothing but what looked like faded blue jeans, and sort of vest made out of pale, blood soaked flesh, carried a struggling body, in his arms.
The man’s face was twisted in glee, as he stared down on the person he was carrying.
Yet, it was not completely a person. His, a male by the look of it, arms were cleanly cut off to the elbow, and his legs were cut off to the knee. Blood gushed out of the nubs; the male struggled and twitched with pain. He would soon die of blood loss.
The man carried the body to a sort of ditch, and threw it in.
“Wait!” The injured male moaned, stretching a nub upwards towards the other male.
The cannibal simply grinned wider, and turned to see a wolf bounding towards the ditch.
“Dinner time my love.”( cina timp meu dragoste) The cannibal said to the growling dog.
The wolf bared his teeth and jumped into the ditch. The man inside screamed loudly as the wolf bit into his face.
“Help!” The male cried, his voice muffled by the wolf. He didn’t yell for long. The dog ripped out his tongue and chewed on it before spitting it out to feast on the rest of the body.
“Quit fucking around!”( liber fucking around) A raspy voice suddenly said to the cannibal that was watching the dog.
Another dark skinned man stood beside the ditch. He was a tall, and brawn man, with long white hair, a beaky nose, with rotten sharpened teeth sticking out over his lips.
“Sorry.” supărat )(The cannibal apologized to him. He ran into the building and closed the door.
The older cannibal climbed down into the ditch, and chuckled at the sight of the dog. He grabbed the same body and tilted the eaten face upwards, where the neck was exposed. Baring his teeth, he bit into the neck. He chewed on the raw human flesh, blood trickled down his chin.
“Good boy.”( bun băiat) The cannibal said to the wolf. He scratched the wolf’s ears, and continued to feast.
The neck was soon completely eaten, a scrap of flesh clinged onto the bone.
Standing up, the man smiled and greedily licked his lips. He climbed out of the ditch and made his way into the building, slamming the door closed behind him.
Inside, the building was dark, except for the flickering of old fashioned lamps. A faint smell of rotten flesh, and blood filled the air.
The older cannibal walked through the hallways, where doors were set along on each side, and you could hear human presence inside of them.
He made his way to last door alongside the hallway; he opened it up and stepped in.
Inside were many mechanical devices, and a couple of human bodies were thrown carelessly into the corner. The younger cannibal who had previously been outside, looked up and saw the other man.
He quickly grabbed a badly burned female body, and slung it over his shoulder, and walked out of the room.
The man looked around the room, and walked over to the bodies. One twitched, it was small, but the man grinned all the same.
He kicked a few bodies aside, and came to see it was a woman who had moved. Her eyes widened, as the cannibal stared down at her.
“It seems your not dead yet.” pare al tău nu mort încă ) He said, smiling. And with that, he grabbed the woman and threw her onto a large metal chair connected to a mechanical device overhead.
The man began tying the woman up, while tears streamed down her face. She opened her mouth to speak, but only a gurgling sound came out. Her tongue, or what was left of it, had been cut out.
The cannibal walked over to a sort of switch control, and pressed a couple of buttons.
The device lowered it self to her mouth, thin wires were connected to it with what looked like hooks attached to the end of them.
The older cannibal went over to her, and forced the woman’s mouth open. He inserted the hooks in her lips, making the woman cry out in agony. The hooks attached forced her mouth to stay open.
The man looked around the room, and smiled when he saw a can of what looked like gasoline. He grabbed it and, and made his way back over to the woman. The woman’s eyes opened wider, she screamed as loud as she could, as the cannibal poured the gasoline down her throat. He stuck his hand in his pocket and pulled out a match.
“Goodbye...”(bun…) He said, in a voice full of contempt. And with that, he struck the match on his pants and threw it in the woman’s mouth.
Her screams filled the room, but the cannibal’s laughter drowned them out.
Footsteps were heard in the hallway. A girl with eyes close to her nose, and a large woman with a hump on her back were dragging an unconscious body of a middle age man into a room.
The woman whispered instructions to the girl, and helped her daughter set the man on a sort of operating table. The girl tied the man to the table, and followed her mother outside of the room. Soon another person entered the room. This cannibal had large muscles, bulging from behind his shirt. He had a large nose that seemed to close to his upper lip and what looked like, a third eye.
The man went over to a shelf full of tools, and grabbed a kind of cheese grater. He walked back over to the man and proportioned his head, so it was facing the ceiling. The cannibal shook the man, to wake him, and the man woke up with a start.
“Who are you? Let me go!” The man’s eyes widened when he seen the other mans face. The cannibal said nothing, he allowed the man to panic.
The cannibal smiled evily, and grabbed the man’s head. “Hey! What are you doing?!” He cried out.
The cannibal lifted up the grater and began roughly rubbing the man’s face with it. The man screamed loudly as flesh was peeled off. The cannibal did this for a few more minutes, and then looked at his handy work. His face was mutated, the skin was bloody, and folds of flesh were peeled off, and layed against the table. His eye ball was dangling out of the socket, and the man’s lips were completely cut open. Yet he wasn’t dead.
The cannibal went back over to the equipment table and took a large knife from one of the shelves. He made his way, back, lifted up the knife and brought it down to the man’s stomach. The cannibal cut it open, and a rotten stench filled the room.
The man gave one last gasp, and was soon dead. The cannibal grinned when he seen the man’s insides, he grabbed his guts and chomped down on them, licking his lips greedily when he was finished.
The cannibal turned and looked over at the door; seeing it was still closed he leaned down and began to eat.

Roderick Usher
01-08-2008, 11:23 AM
http://shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=4199

here's the kind of film school I wholeheartedly endorse - 16 months, all practical applications, no 4 year BS

Angelakillsluts
01-08-2008, 11:31 AM
http://shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=4199

here's the kind of film school I wholeheartedly endorse - 16 months, all practical applications, no 4 year BS

I was seriously considering Tom Savini's special effects makeup program for awhile, this looks very interesting. :eek:

Liar,liar
01-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Thanks alot for the link.

horrorchic
01-29-2008, 01:22 PM
It is not a bad story, but you may want to look at some scripts and rewrite to script format for easier reads on the actors, stage workers, and the director. AKA your crew.

Liar,liar
01-30-2008, 12:14 PM
Yeah we would type it up better and then give them the script we just copied what we wrote out on paper so its not finalized.

tunchies
01-30-2008, 07:10 PM
It could be a good idea to at least film some very very low budget short films. Just to get yourself behind the camerah and into the directors mind set. i wrote a lot of scripts when i was in highschool and its not entirly different shooting them and making them into a movie but all the practice you can get is really the best thing. No sence in waiting to make your first movie a full length without mush real past experince. Shoot as much as you can. Here is an excample of what i mean my friends and I did this short film.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1064920/chained_up/
It also helps to see what people have to say about it. but metacafe and you tube arn't the best sites for intelegent opinions post it on forums like this and you'll get educated and good critiques and advice. good Luck man!!

occupier
02-11-2008, 04:40 AM
good luck to you man i think the liar liar thing is a mistake sends out the wrong first impresion and that is very inportant eveything else is great
i love this forum all the other ones are so bitchy and tedios they stress me out, any one agree:p :p :p

i was in a buddhist forum i read about buddhism and thought it was cool for chilling out

but it was the most crapy forum everyone was argueing about stuff lol

brunoteenager
03-01-2008, 02:20 PM
In my opinion it's a good idea. I like horror film so much. I'd like to read the "sinopsis" on your tale.
:o