PDA

View Full Version : First Film

TheDevilsGarden
10-25-2007, 07:32 AM
I've recently started writing a script for an upcoming movie project and I was wondering if any who's created a movie has tips. Any good editing software that's not too pricey.

Roderick Usher
10-26-2007, 10:39 AM
I don't know anything about cheap software, but I've been at the film making thing for a few years and I'll offer other bits of advice.

First: Write a good script.

Second: Rewrite it.

Third: Rewrite it again.

When you're casting, don't settle for just friends. There is always someone with some acting training who has nothing to do - even for free! Feed them and they will come.

Do a table read. Listen to how the actors read your dialog. Then rewrite bits of the dialog to fit them. This will make everything sound more real.

You must ALWAYS feed your actors and crew! - even if you do only use friends, it will make them feel like they're being treated as professionals and they will respond in kind.

Have a shot list for each day of filming and stick to it. Once again you get better results from your actors and crew when you run a tight ship and let everyone know their schedule well in advance.

Have fun.

Best of luck. I hope you make a kick-ass film.

GorePhobia
10-27-2007, 06:34 PM
I agree with everything Rod has said. Make sure you either pay your crew and cast or feed them.