PDA

View Full Version : New Fango (Dr. K, check this out)

avenger00soul
01-15-2004, 07:41 AM
The new issue of Fango has a glorious full page ad for the 1990: Bronx Warriors DVD that looks incredible. It's from Shriek Show and it's part of their "Post-Apocalyptic Collection." How cool is that? The DVD has an interview with Fred "The Hammer" Williamson, Interview and audio commentary by Enzo, trailers, and a photo gallery.

Also, they have an article dedicated to Petey Wheatstraw: The Devil's Son in Law. SWWEEEEEEET. Rudy Ray is in the pages of Fangoria. Never thought it would happen.

Dr.Kelvinstein
01-15-2004, 08:13 AM
I LOVE 1990: Bronx Warriors!!!!!! I can't bellieve they're cool enough to put a commentary track on it. Man, that is something I'm definitely hyped about. I even like the sequel, Escape From The Bronx, though it's nowhere near as good as the first. The long-haired guy with the flat nose also starred in the Thunder Warrior series, the first two of which had Bo Svenson as a redneck southern sheriif (the best kind--though come to think of it he was western instead of southern, but he still felt like Bufford Pusser)!!!! Enzo also made a lot of cool war movies, but Bronx Warriors is definitely the jewel in his crown!

I love how Italian action movies have karate in them but the actors obviously didn't even bother learning even basic moves so simply throw really bad off-balance kicks and deliver karate chop after karate chop to the necks of opponents (which always knocks them unconscious, of course). The foleys for the fight scenes are even more off the wall than asian stuff--in Italian movies, it sounds like everyone is punching a couch or a rubber trash can or something--Klunk!!!! Odd.

I can't believe Rudy made the pages of Fango! Remember in Petie Wheatstraw when the chick gave birth to a watermelon and a jivin' 10-year-old Rudy who punched out the doctor? Crazy.

I haven't got the new Fang yet, but now am definitely hoping it's in the mail!!!

avenger00soul
01-15-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
I can't believe Rudy made the pages of Fango! Remember in Petie Wheatstraw when the chick gave birth to a watermelon and a jivin' 10-year-old Rudy who punched out the doctor? Crazy.

I haven't got the new Fang yet, but now am definitely hoping it's in the mail!!!

That's one of my favorite parts. Also, when he stopped what he was doing just to comb that kid's hair and the kid started crying.

I got my Fango in the mail yesterday. You're gonna freak out when you see how cool that ad is.

Ritualistic
01-15-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by avenger00soul

I got my Fango in the mail yesterday. You're gonna freak out when you see how cool that ad is. Cool man... Shriek has been releasing a lot of great movies lately...

Dr.Kelvinstein
01-16-2004, 12:10 PM
Got my Fango in today and that ad does rock!!!! I already prordered it at Barnes and Noble (not listed at Amazon yet) for 15.98. Great price. Strangely enough, the box art BN is showing is the cover of the old vid copy; the artwork is the same, but you can tell the dimensions are VHS and it even has the old MEDIA logo at the bottom.

I haven't been this excited for a DVD in a while.