PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Living Dead 4 and 5

avenger00soul
01-15-2004, 07:31 AM
A while back I reported that Tobe Hooper was in talks to direct the following two installments of the Return of the Living Dead series here: http://www.horror.com/php/article-84-1.html

New developments have occured. Writer William Butler has said "The first one is called Necropolis, and it’s about kids breaking into an experimental mutation lab—skateboard punks with shotguns—and it’s like a living PlayStation game. It’s awesome; it has the same vibe as the first one. Part five is called Rave From the Grave, where these kids realize that if you take Trioxin in very small doses you can have a life-after-death experience. So it becomes like a big rave drug."

He also says that not only is Hooper a possible director, but Stuart Gordon as well. Butler says it all depends on where the films will be shot.

I'm extremely anticipating these two films, by either Hooper or Gordon.

Aylmer
01-15-2004, 07:58 AM
Nice, thanks 4 the info Avenger. I wouldn't mind seeing both of them have a whack and do 1 part a piece. I haven't seen Hooper do anything 4 a while besides one of the early "Taken" episodes, which was really good.

avenger00soul
01-15-2004, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Aylmer
Nice, thanks 4 the info Avenger. I wouldn't mind seeing both of them have a whack and do 1 part a piece. I haven't seen Hooper do anything 4 a while besides one of the early "Taken" episodes, which was really good.

Taken was very good. Hooper is supposed to have his big comeback with The Toolbox Murders. Hopefully anyway. I like the idea about letting Gordon do one and Hooper do the other. That could be a sweet deal.

Aylmer
01-15-2004, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by avenger00soul
Taken was very good. Hooper is supposed to have his big comeback with The Toolbox Murders. Hopefully anyway. I like the idea about letting Gordon do one and Hooper do the other. That could be a sweet deal.

Is "Toolbox" a remake that sounds familiar?

avenger00soul
01-15-2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Aylmer
Is "Toolbox" a remake that sounds familiar?

It is, but it's supposed to be a complete reinvisioning and have little to do with the original film.

AcidOsmosis
01-15-2004, 01:33 PM
A 4 and a 5?! Heck yea! Weeeheeeee! *jumps around like a little kid and laughing histerically like a madman*

Wooooooooot!

xshiny_demonx
01-15-2004, 02:57 PM
yea yea thanks for the updates...i still dont have return of the living dead 2 and 3 on dvd...so i bet u my left sack that i pick those babies up shortly.

Ritualistic
01-15-2004, 02:58 PM
I am soooooooooooooooo looking forward to all the movies mentioned in this thread.... FUCKING A!!! :-)

Killer Clown#1
01-15-2004, 03:07 PM
*cranks up 45 grave* Do you wanna party!!!! It's party time!!!!. HEll yeah sounds sweet:)

avenger00soul
01-15-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by xshiny_demonx
yea yea thanks for the updates...i still dont have return of the living dead 2 and 3 on dvd...so i bet u my left sack that i pick those babies up shortly.

2 hasn't been released yet but I believe Warner Brothers finally broke down to the fan's will and it's coming out soon.

crazy clown
01-15-2004, 05:28 PM
i hope thats these movies turn out good. i hated part 3 but i liked the other 2.

AcidOsmosis
01-15-2004, 07:21 PM
I personally though Return of the Living Dead 2 is one of the worst. George Romero should be the only one allowed to direct these movies and should always be involved in the writing process. I have Return 2 on tape and dont ever plan on buying it on DVD. It is just too humorous and that ruins these movies for me. I like them to be serious, more like say Night of the Living Dead or Return of the Living Dead was.

Sam The Egg
01-15-2004, 07:40 PM
hmm, zombies usually get shot/chopped/hacked up...and in part 5, ravers will more than likely turn into zombies...this can only mean good things

G-$
01-15-2004, 08:34 PM
r.o.t.l.d. is my favorite

i wanna see hooper do at least one of these

THeY CANT COME SOON ENOUgh FOR ME

LivingDeadGirl
01-15-2004, 11:53 PM
WEEEEEEEEE!!I'm so Excited to hear this news.I feel a burning sensation in my bossoms and think i need to go wee wee.lmao jk bout that part,but WEEEEEE ON 4 and 5!Rock on.:D :p

nightbreed
01-16-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Sam The Egg
hmm, zombies usually get shot/chopped/hacked up...and in part 5, ravers will more than likely turn into zombies...this can only mean good things

lol. kill the ravers- kill every last fucking one of them. :D