PDA

View Full Version : Hitchhike-this one's for you Dr. K

avenger00soul
01-13-2004, 05:37 PM
Hitchhike-Franco Nero AND David Hess. Seen it? Not really horror per se, but definitely an exploitation road movie. I didn't know where else to put it.

Dr.Kelvinstein
01-13-2004, 05:43 PM
How could I not watch a David Hess/Franco Nero movie???? Remember the "artsy" rape with the flames in the foreground? It needed more sleaze and less class. What was Franco and his broad thinking picking up David Hess in the first place?

avenger00soul
01-13-2004, 05:46 PM
Glad to see you've seen it. I LOVE this movie. It had the perfect balance of sleaze and class for me. Couldn't figure out who to root for. Nero comes out of top though. The part where Hess kills his gay accomplices cracks me up. His "See you later faggots." line was too funny. Hess is great.

Dr.Kelvinstein
01-13-2004, 08:32 PM
I'd forgotten about the murder of the gay comrades. That was very frightening. What was up with Nero's stupid-looking coat?

David Hess can be a very frightening man when he wants to. Did you ever see House On The Edge Of The Park? It's probably my favorite home invasion movie, even better than Funny Games. Hess is just sooo damn intense in that movie. And what about the scene in Last House when he talks his retard son into killing himself? Fucking insane. I love the scene in Last House after Krug and gang kill Mari and wash off in the lake. They went so far that even THEY seem to be freaked out by what they've done--though Craven said that scene was simply a happy accident he threw in to explain their clean clothes in the third act.

Ever see the Fred Williamson Western Boss Nigger (simply Boss on video) where William Smith's henchmen tie up Fred and Will says, "Kill the nigger!" Ah, man, that is such a fucking scary scene!!!!!

avenger00soul
01-14-2004, 06:27 AM
That's my favorite scene in Last House for the EXACT reasons you just described. It seems like they are almost in shock and their actions and maybe even a bit remorseful.

Haven't seen House on the Edge of the Park yet, but my friend has it in one of those 10 disc sets. Looking forward to it since you say it's better than Funny Games.

I haven't seen that many Fred Williamson exploits...yet. I almost got G.I. Bro at a pawn shop that I frequent but picked up another copy of Cage instead. This one had both Reb and Lou on the cover in their Nam get-up...leading you to believe it's a war movie. Haha. Is G.I. Bro worth picking up? I'm sure it will be there when I go back.

Dr.Kelvinstein
01-14-2004, 08:46 AM
Dude, if I ever saw GI Bro (great title, by the way) it was under a differnt title. Can't believe a Fred Williamson movie slipped by me, though.

One can never own too many copies of Cage. I've never seen that box, though. Defintely a collector's item (though no one but me. you, and maybe Reb will ever care). I have an old copy from its original release. Good shape, though. Some moron cut up the box of my copy of Cage 2 and stuck it in one of those stupid clamshell boxes. Hate it when they do that.

avenger00soul
01-14-2004, 09:11 AM
Yes, G.I. Bro is one of the greatest titles ever. I'll pick it up the next time I go home.

My other Cage copy is in perfect shape. It's got a bloody Lou on the front and Lou and some guy doing battler under the title. It's still in the plastic (I cut the bottom to open my movies). My Cage II box is in good shape too, just a small sticker mark. It has a silouhette of Lou and inside of it Lou is in the cage and the crowd is cheering him on. I hate it when video stores cut the box and stick it in plastic. I have since been able to find most of the ones I had like that in good cases but am forever stuck with Nature of the Beast, Hellgate, and the best of Razor Ramon in those shitty cases.

Have you ever seen Nature of the Beast by the way? It's really something special.

Ritualistic
01-14-2004, 03:58 PM
If they were not Screen names to seperate us I would believe you two were the same person talking... shhhhhhhittt!!

avenger00soul
01-14-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Ritualistic
If they were not Screen names to seperate us I would believe you two were the same person talking... shhhhhhhittt!!

LOL.

Dr.Kelvinstein
01-14-2004, 10:28 PM
Those are the same boxes as my Cage movies. I too cut my plastic from the bottom, and if I buy something used I have my girlfriend shrink-wrap it for me.

I have not seen Nature Of The Beast, but I have seen The Best of Razor Ramon and Hellgate. "Hey.....yo......"

Let me know on GI Bro.

Ritualistic, you be so crazy.

avenger00soul
01-15-2004, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
Those are the same boxes as my Cage movies. I too cut my plastic from the bottom, and if I buy something used I have my girlfriend shrink-wrap it for me.

I have not seen Nature Of The Beast, but I have seen The Best of Razor Ramon and Hellgate. "Hey.....yo......"

Let me know on GI Bro.

Ritualistic, you be so crazy.

Now I know we are cut from the same cloth.

And let me give a big recommendation on Nature of the Beast. Lance Henriksen and Eric Roberts (his best role).

Also found out that G.I. Bro is an alternate title to Inglorious Bastards. Tarantino himself has been thinking about remaking this movie apparently.

Dr.Kelvinstein
01-15-2004, 08:22 AM
Yes...Inglorious Bastards rocks...The Hammer AND Bo Svenson. It pops up every now and then as Deadly Mission (which is how I have it on video). Can't argue with GI Bro, though (shit, that rhymed!). Another movie from Enzo--we truly have so much to thank him for.

I read an interview with Tarantino right after Kill Bill was released and he said his take on Inglorious Bastards was already written, and in one of his biographies he spent at least two pages raving about this movie. I also saw an advertisement for a STV Michael Madsen movie a few months that listed him as starring in the upcoming Inglorious Bastards!?!?!!?

avenger00soul
01-15-2004, 08:28 AM
I also saw an advertisement for a STV Michael Madsen movie a few months that listed him as starring in the upcoming Inglorious Bastards!?!?!!?

That's funny. They keep putting it up and then taking it down over at the imdb. It usually says that Madsen and Svenson are starring in it. Svenson is supposed to be in Kill Bill 2.

Dr.Kelvinstein
01-15-2004, 01:11 PM
When I was at the Bufford Pusser museum, the caretaker chick took the stick Svenson used onscreen out of its glass case (yes, they kept it in glass!) and let me wield it. Really cool, but unfortunatley there were no moonshiners or rednecks to beat up. They would not let me fool around with the Joe Don Baker stick, however.

Speaking of Svenson, have you ever seen Curse 2 about the kid with the snake puppet on his hand?

avenger00soul
01-15-2004, 01:13 PM
When I was at the Bufford Pusser museum, the caretaker chick took the stick Svenson used onscreen out of its glass case (yes, they kept it in glass!) and let me wield it. Really cool, but unfortunatley there were no moonshiners or rednecks to beat up. They would not let me fool around with the Joe Don Baker stick, however.

Speaking of Svenson, have you ever seen Curse 2 about the kid with the snake puppet on his hand?

HAHAHAHA!!! They wouldn't let you touch the Baker stick. Too funny.

I haven't seen The Curse 2 in a loooooooong time. I don't really remember anything about it.