PDA

View Full Version : Horror writers

bberntson
09-09-2007, 07:57 PM
I've been on hiatus for some horror fiction for a while, and was just wondering who some of your favorites were. I've been hearing the names Piccirilli, Keene, Garton, but don't know much about them, also Kealan Patrick Burke. Can anyone tell me anything about these authors or new ones you recommend reading?
Brandon

Don't forget to visit www.bloodredtales.com

Zero
09-11-2007, 03:38 PM
I've been on hiatus for some horror fiction for a while, and was just wondering who some of your favorites were. I've been hearing the names Piccirilli, Keene, Garton, but don't know much about them, also Kealan Patrick Burke. Can anyone tell me anything about these authors or new ones you recommend reading?
Brandon

Don't forget to visit www.bloodredtales.com

the one i know of is brian keene - check out 'the rising' and 'city of the dead' which are his zombie trilogy (well with two books)

i also like rob dunbar - who does things related to the jersey devil but is also a great writer

AmericanManiac
09-13-2007, 05:51 AM
Ever read any H.P. Lovecraft? Check him out you can get a collection of his stories for relatively cheap.

horrorchic
09-14-2007, 03:26 AM
I standby Laurell K Hamilton. At least her first couple of books. They are vampiric in nature.

the_man_you_fear
09-25-2007, 12:07 PM
has anyone ever read "kabal" by clive barker its a different kind of horror story it ask the question "whos the real monster, them or us?"

bberntson
09-26-2007, 03:52 AM
They are certainly the real monsters. The cops and priests that is. I think I read an interview by Clive where he was saying that.
Brandon
http://www.bloodredtales.com

Roderick Usher
09-28-2007, 10:36 PM
I just read I Will Rise by Micheal Louis Calvillo

it is jaw-droppingly good, despite the small press...and it's a debut novel! Incredibly original and wonderfully wrought. I seriously cannot give this book enough praise. I feel as though I've discovered a rare and precious gem.

bberntson
10-06-2007, 02:06 PM
Thanks for that, I will look into it. If its jaw-droppingly good, well, it must be good.:eek:
http://www.bloodredtales.com