PDA

View Full Version : Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things...

Dr.Kelvinstein
01-12-2004, 11:31 PM
Anyone did this movie as much as I? I've seen it literally 20 times. A true schlocky masterpiece??? I heard Anchor Bay was releasing it, and I hope that's trye because the current DVD has some bad print fading in a crucial scene.

Aylmer
01-13-2004, 04:11 AM
Yeah I really like the movie as well. It was a little slow to start but the dialog was intresting and I'm a sucker for Zombie flicks. I agree with the transfer being kinda of shotty as well, but what do you want, I picked up the DVD for $5.99.

Ritualistic
01-14-2004, 03:55 PM
Yeah doc I dig this movie.. Pure Zombie ha ha... havent seen it in awhile, havent bought it yet. on my list though.. :-)

Dr.Kelvinstein
01-14-2004, 11:22 PM
Glad I'm not the only one. How can you not dig a movie where the main character marries non-animated corpse (of the same gender, no less). How the hell did this thing originally get a PG rating?

avenger00soul
01-16-2004, 03:03 PM
I still haven't seen this one or Clark's Deathdream. Simply can't find them to rent.

Ritualistic
01-18-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
Glad I'm not the only one. How can you not dig a movie where the main character marries non-animated corpse (of the same gender, no less). How the hell did this thing originally get a PG rating? I have no freaking idea.. werid though.. the movie prison of the dead (70`s) has a PG rating as well..

Dr.Kelvinstein
01-19-2004, 10:57 AM
Prison Of The Dead...was that the one where the inmates were sniffing embalming fluid and coming back as zombies, and could only be killed by a shotgun blast at close range? If so, then the I think the guy who did it also did a big William Smith vamp movie called Grave Of The Vampire. Sound familiar?

Other movies with a PG rating that I simply don't get are Blood and Lace and Countess Dracula (at least three boob shots in that one, not to mention a dip in human blood).

Ritualistic
01-20-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
Prison Of The Dead...was that the one where the inmates were sniffing embalming fluid and coming back as zombies, and could only be killed by a shotgun blast at close range? If so, then the I think the guy who did it also did a big William Smith vamp movie called Grave Of The Vampire. Sound familiar?

Other movies with a PG rating that I simply don't get are Blood and Lace and Countess Dracula (at least three boob shots in that one, not to mention a dip in human blood). Damn I never knew Countess Dracula was rated PG.. I love this movie so much.. it is one of my favorite Vampire movies and Ingrid Pitt is HOT..Like I have mentioned in the past "you learn something everyday" :-) DAMN Blood and lace is rated PG too..?? well shit... I am not sure if that is the same prison of the dead.. I dont have this movie but I have the poster .. I attached my picture ... check it out and let me know if it is the same movie you are talking about.. I have seen it on DVD but havent gotten it. is it any good..??

Dr.Kelvinstein
01-21-2004, 06:10 AM
Yep, that's the movie. COOL poster, by the way. Very fucking cool poster.

The movie's average, worth a watch---The inmates sniff the embalming fluid to get high, then turn into zombies, and if I remember correctly, the main characters are the warden and the prison guards, who figure out you have to blast the dead folk at close range with a shotgun; but it's only like an hour long. I was talking to the guy who used to own the theater here in town (and our population is only 3000) and he told me that the guy who made it and Grave Of The Vampire drove all over the south getting financing from small theater owners. He put in 5000 bucks and got back 15, plus a reel of the film (which he still had). Cool!

I didn't know it was on DVD, but will pick it up if I run across it.

bloodrayne
02-16-2004, 12:54 AM
Actually...I wasn't very impressed with this one

Damn Heathen
03-26-2015, 07:25 PM
Prefer this to NOTLD.