PDA

View Full Version : Vague movie memory...

Mr.Punch
08-17-2007, 10:44 AM
Hi, I remember seeing a movie while I was a child, and I've always wondered what it was.

It is about a strage ape creature from a crate that was killing people. The ape was exotic looking and white in colour, as far as I remember. I think it was loose in some sort of high rise building, but I could be wrong.

Also, there is another movie from my childhood.

The scene I remember was a naked woman running away by some trees in a field, she was rather busty. I think the movie was a redneck horror movie, although it is hard to remember. It was likely from the early 80s. Could it be any more vague? I don't know, but my memory of it is vivid!

This is my first post, so I'd like to say hello, these forums are awesome and I am always busy watching great bad films!

Doc Faustus
08-17-2007, 10:46 AM
Shakma? That's about a killer baboon.

Mr.Punch
08-17-2007, 10:54 AM
nope, thats not it. Thanks tho.

Disease
08-17-2007, 11:27 AM
An albino killer ape in a high rise, sounds great, wish I had seen it.

Angra
08-17-2007, 11:29 AM
Could the first one be....

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p17/Kasper_76/Big-trouble-in-little-China.jpg

Disease
08-17-2007, 11:51 AM
was it? shit, I have seen that, but it doesn't sound right...

The Mothman
08-17-2007, 12:24 PM
The scene I remember was a naked woman running away by some trees in a field, she was rather busty. I think the movie was a redneck horror movie, although it is hard to remember. It was likely from the early 80s. Could it be any more vague? I don't know, but my memory of it is vivid!

Redneck Zombies?

meh it doesnt sound right.

Despare
08-17-2007, 01:12 PM
It is about a strage ape creature from a crate that was killing people. The ape was exotic looking and white in colour, as far as I remember. I think it was loose in some sort of high rise building, but I could be wrong.

That one sounds like "The Crate" segment from Creepshow. The crate was situated under the stairs of a building at one point I believe.
http://www.horrordvds.com/reviews/a-m/cs/cs_shot5l.jpg

Angra
08-17-2007, 01:23 PM
That one sounds like "The Crate" segment from Creepshow. The crate was situated under the stairs of a building at one point I believe.

WOW!!!

That's a butt ugly monkey.

Mr.Punch
08-17-2007, 01:29 PM
hahaha...thats the beast. Awesome I'll try and find it, thanks.

Despare
08-17-2007, 01:30 PM
WOW!!!

That's a butt ugly monkey.

It's not just a monkey it's a...

strage ape creature from a crate

I'm assuming he meant strange...

hahaha...thats the beast. Awesome I'll try and find it, thanks.

Good, it's easy to find, get that AND Creepshow 2! I would personally avoid Creepshow 3 like the plague.

1EvilDrummer
08-22-2007, 04:56 AM
Damn....reminds me of my ex wife.....;)

VampiricClown
08-22-2007, 10:19 AM

Indeed it is.

bloodrayne
09-10-2007, 01:31 PM
I would personally avoid Creepshow 3 like the plague.I had to watch it, just to see what it was about...I would tell you that it has absolutely nothing to do with the first one, or with Stephen King or George Romero, but if you DO watch it, you'll know those things immediately...

Dustin said "It looks like a Nickelodeon Production", I'd say, that's not too far off...Reminded me of 'The Willies'...Maybe they should have just called it 'The Creepies' or something, and avoided trying to tie it in with the Creepshow movies

Zero
09-11-2007, 04:14 PM
yeah - that would have been my guess. . . the crate sequece was great with adrienne barbeau - hilaroius

Despare
09-11-2007, 07:25 PM
I had to watch it, just to see what it was about...I would tell you that it has absolutely nothing to do with the first one, or with Stephen King or George Romero, but if you DO watch it, you'll know those things immediately...

Dustin said "It looks like a Nickelodeon Production", I'd say, that's not too far off...Reminded me of 'The Willies'...Maybe they should have just called it 'The Creepies' or something, and avoided trying to tie it in with the Creepshow movies

There were a couple of good parts marred by poor stories/writing, bad acting, and a childish production (as Dustin said a Nick production but it reminded me of Goosebumps episodes). When I say a couple, I honestly mean two at the most. There wasn't really a lot to redeem this film except MAYBE the gore in the hackneyed story about the mail order bride.

bloodrayne
09-11-2007, 08:07 PM
There wasn't really a lot to redeem this film except MAYBE the gore in the hackneyed story about the mail order bride.Oh YEAH, I actually forgot about THAT one...That one was actually pretty funny...I liked it

knife_fight
09-11-2007, 09:02 PM
yeah - that would have been my guess. . . the crate sequece was great with adrienne barbeau - hilaroius

"Just tell it to call ya Billy!"

great sequence, and I honestly think Creepshow is extremely underrated, with "the Crate" being my favorite chapter.

I think the beast is supposed to be a Yeti, even though it's never overtly stated. on the crate itself it mentions that it is from some Arctic expedition from something like a hundred years ago. so an immortal yeti is what Billy and Hal Holbrook are apparently dealing with.