PDA

View Full Version : House of Wax

avenger00soul
01-12-2004, 04:41 PM
The next film from Dark Castle will be a remake of House of Wax, and it will be in 3-D.

Dr.Kelvinstein
01-12-2004, 11:12 PM
That's mucho cool because I love the original. I hope they'll stick to Vincet Price's look as the killer---he kinda had that whole black gloves and fedora giallo thing going for him.

last bad move
01-12-2004, 11:46 PM
ya it does seem cool but the 3d thing i could do without

avenger00soul
01-28-2004, 07:34 AM
This sounds.....blah:

"The film will now follow the mandatory 21st-century horror formula of featuring a hot young female as the lead. This time around, her name will be Carly Foster. An intelligent and driven college student, Carly is on the verge of leaving the Midwest and heading to New York, where she hopes to get a job writing for Cosmopolitan Magazine. The "perfect kid" in the Foster family, Carly often quarrels with her younger, grungier brother Nick. Although she and her boyfriend Wade are going through a rocky time in their relationship, Carly agrees to join a caravan of friends traveling though Iowa to attend a football game. When the fanbelt breaks on Wade's immaculate 1968 GTO muscle car, the group must stop in the quiet town of Athelston in the hopes of find a replacement part. With directions from a creepy, knife-obsessed guy with a collection of roadkill tails dangling around the interior of his truck, the group heads over to the only open business in town, a gas station operated by a handsome bad boy named Bo. The group of friends will need to rely on each other, as they slowly discover Bo is a madman, hell-bent on adding the group to his House of Wax."

Dr.Kelvinstein
02-04-2004, 11:26 PM
WTF????? Why don't they just call it TCM instead of House of Wax. I bet Vincent is spinning in his grave.

mictlan
02-05-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by avenger00soul
This sounds.....blah:

"The film will now follow the mandatory 21st-century horror formula of featuring a hot young female as the lead. This time around, her name will be Carly Foster. An intelligent and driven college student, Carly is on the verge of leaving the Midwest and heading to New York, where she hopes to get a job writing for Cosmopolitan Magazine. ....The group of friends will need to rely on each other, as they slowly discover Bo is a madman, hell-bent on adding the group to his House of Wax."

I hope you made that up. I didn't mind Dark Castle too much when they just made useless versions of Castle's films, but House of Wax...

If they use old-skool red/blue 3D I can forgive a lot though.

Killer Clown#1
02-05-2004, 04:50 PM
3-d would be pretty cool:) but why must they do a remake. I want to see another original one.

Sick_As_Fuck
02-05-2004, 07:57 PM
Wow...

allmykids
02-06-2004, 06:24 AM
The 3D thing sounds cool, but this is one of my favorite VINCENT PRICE films. I don't think anybody could do it better!!! but I will have to see it!!!