PDA

View Full Version : I'm coming to get you, Barbara...

toXsick
05-15-2007, 05:30 AM
Hello, all. I've loved horror since I soiled my drawers at three years-old watching The Mummy on dad's super 8 projector, and now I write them. Selling them has been another story, but hopefully soon.

Some things:

I'm a fan of all sub-genres, but particularly clever zombie horror (Return of the Living Dead) and a well-told ghost story (The Others).

The Exorcist still scares the shit out of me.

I think Rob Zombie has finally gotten it right.

Tom Savini is a genius but kind of a dick in person.

If you haven't seen Session 9, you really should.

28 Days Later is a zombie flick, even though they run fast and aren't actually "dead".

Angela Bettis just might be the coolest person on earth.

I loved The Devil's Rejects so much that I thought I might be dangerous.

Yvonne De Carlo was my first major crush.

Emily Perkins really is hot.

Freddie reminds me too much of a Gilligan to be scary.

I own the only known VHS copy of Let's Scare Jessica to Death.

Anyway, nice to "meat" you all, and I'm happy to be here.

_____V_____
05-15-2007, 10:45 AM
Welcome to HDC. You are a lover of Session 9, and that puts you in my good books.

Stick around, and you may find the place smooth-going. Check out any and every thing of your liking, and remember, a ninja prowls around with a Hatturi Hanzo to cut down the unruly, so dont cross the line...ever.;)

bloody_ribcut
05-15-2007, 10:55 AM
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t154/gus361/2WELCOME.jpg

Dante'sInferno
05-15-2007, 12:19 PM
Welcome to......

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h26/Adrogenous/gates_of_hell.jpg

Shazbut
05-15-2007, 12:58 PM
If you haven't seen Session 9, you really should.

Now I *know* I am home here :D - it's not often I see people appreciate the class of a film like Session 9 <sigh>

newb
05-16-2007, 07:45 AM
28 Days Later is a zombie flick, even though they run fast and aren't actually "dead".

This could be a problem

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/rockinmule/ScaryfaceWELCOME.gif

chaibill
05-16-2007, 10:08 AM
hi there looks like you could answer many questions

bloodrayne
05-16-2007, 11:49 AM
Heh...No you don't :p

VampiricClown
05-16-2007, 12:10 PM

LMAO! Niiice.

@Newb
Indeed it could be.

Welcome to HDC all the same.

vampire queen
05-16-2007, 07:31 PM
We have much in common! I look forward to chatting with you.

Welcome to the mayhem that is now. :)

stubbornforgey
05-16-2007, 11:46 PM
wanna help me kill homer simpson..??

oh and welcome :p

Dante'sInferno
05-17-2007, 12:08 AM
wanna help me kill homer simpson..??

oh and welcome :p
I'll do it,just pay me in pancakes.While im at it,i'll kill Peter Griffin too.

slasherman
05-17-2007, 12:20 AM

..i got an avi file vhs rip of it...pretty good movie...

Angra
05-17-2007, 03:42 AM
..i got an avi file vhs rip of it...pretty good movie...

HA!

So do I. :cool:

toXsick
05-17-2007, 05:24 AM
Thank you all for the great welcome! Cheers to Bloodrayne for being from the same VHS planet, as well. :)

And I hear ya, newb. I've gone back and forth on the 28 Days Later issue with others before and it's always been very interesting, to say the least. My main concern with zombie films is that they be hideously killing packs that can infect and grow, and have lost every ounce of humanity. However, I've heard some stuff about 28 Weeks that may change that a bit.

I would also like to give credit to Horrorexpress.com for Session 9. It was there that I first heard of it, and it really is quality. A great horror film for me doesn't have to have lots of gore or startles, but the ability to make me think that something is very wrong or about to go wrong, as much as possible. S9 has that in spades.

I also write reviews for HorrorExpress and visit there daily. However, I've felt the need to branch out more and find other lively horror fans. This place seems to fit that bill nicely.

Again, thanks for the welcome and I'm looking forward to joining in on the discussions.

Oh, and while I'm here, why can't I access the reviews?

bloodrayne
05-17-2007, 05:31 AM
I would also like to give credit to Horrorexpress.com for Session 9.HEY...We love Session 9, TOO!...Well, except for Zero...But, what does HE know? :p
Oh, and while I'm here, why can't I access the reviews?Yeah...Sorry about that...It's just one of many screw ups that occured during our marvelous 'upgrades' about 6 months ago...Many buttons don't work...However, there is still a review forum that we CAN access:
http://horror.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5

toXsick
05-17-2007, 06:04 AM
HEY...We love Session 9, TOO!...Well, except for Zero...But, what does HE know? :p
Heh. Maybe he'd like it better if it was Session 09. No one likes to feel left out. ;)

And cheers on the link. Appreciate the quick response!

stubbornforgey
05-17-2007, 06:17 AM
Thank you all for the great welcome! Cheers to Bloodrayne for being from the same VHS planet, as well. :)

And I hear ya, newb. I've gone back and forth on the 28 Days Later issue with others before and it's always been very interesting, to say the least. My main concern with zombie films is that they be hideously killing packs that can infect and grow, and have lost every ounce of humanity. However, I've heard some stuff about 28 Weeks that may change that a bit.

I would also like to give credit to Horrorexpress.com for Session 9. It was there that I first heard of it, and it really is quality. A great horror film for me doesn't have to have lots of gore or startles, but the ability to make me think that something is very wrong or about to go wrong, as much as possible. S9 has that in spades.

I also write reviews for HorrorExpress and visit there daily. However, I've felt the need to branch out more and find other lively horror fans. This place seems to fit that bill nicely.

Again, thanks for the welcome and I'm looking forward to joining in on the discussions.

Oh, and while I'm here, why can't I access the reviews?

your cheque bounced :D

toXsick
05-17-2007, 06:38 AM
Yeah, it still won't let me in, so you're probably right. :D

Chances are now I'm just screwing up the procedure.