PDA

View Full Version : Nile

Ritualistic
01-09-2004, 02:32 PM
any fans of nile on this forum..??

Digital Murders
01-09-2004, 06:54 PM
I've heard OF them, but I never actually took the time to listen to anything from them.

What are some key tracks of theirs to listen to?

nightbreed
01-09-2004, 11:28 PM
i respect their musicianship, but honestly i cant get down on death metal vocals. great instrumentals though. very creative, although id say amon amarth did the whole "theme" thing alot better.

Egekrusher
01-10-2004, 06:16 AM
I love Nile. The only CD I have of theirs is Black Seeds Of Vengeance though.

I love pretty much anything Egyptian (I'm a Stargate freak).

moonsorrow
01-10-2004, 03:23 PM
old school, i like... and i admire your taste

Ritualistic
01-11-2004, 06:01 AM
Black seeds is an awesome album.. Catacombs IMO is better...

kpropain
02-06-2004, 07:25 PM
I'm a fan of Nile, they are from Spartanburg SC about an hour from me. They also recorded some of their earlier demo's in a studio in my hometown that one of my old bands used to record at.

The Evil Dead
02-07-2004, 09:54 AM
I'd like Nile if I was a fan of boring deathmetal and blastbeats, but that's not my style.

If I'm going to listen to death metal, it has to be Dying Fetus... They at least have some pretty damn brutal moments and good grooves.

Babalooza
02-08-2004, 04:38 PM
Nile was interesting to me a couple years ago when I first heard them. Now its just boring. Same stuff over and over again, repeating what they did once-reusing rejected riffs or modifing past ones. I dislike the vocals-medicore and monotonous. That however is just my opinion though.
Dying Fetus Killing on Adrenaline and previous is pretty good. Still the hardcore influence but a shit load more interesting and so much more fun to listen to. Recent stuff is just boring and less attractive. They wore down what the had and the hardcore influence is just way too powerful. However some songs have some good technical moments. Ill listen to the newer stuff time to time.
However Im more of a Death.grind-brutal death-and gore grind fan myself

Evisceration
02-08-2004, 06:59 PM
I'm going to see them the 23rd with Cannibal Corpse and Exhumed.

Exhumed is going to fucking tear the place down.

Babalooza
02-09-2004, 09:10 AM
I am going to be seeing them on march 7. Im pretty sure Vile will be there but I am going for EXhumed and a bit of Vile.

Ritualistic
02-15-2004, 02:55 PM
I am going to go see them March 11th in Atlanta... \m/