PDA

View Full Version : Announcing Split Lip: A horror webcomic

SamCostello
04-15-2007, 08:42 AM
I hope this kind of post is kosher. If not, mods please delete it.

---

Hey Folks - Wanted to give you the heads up about my horror webcomic, Split Lip.

We've just made the latest story, an adaptation of the old ballad "The Railroad Boy," live. You can read it at www.webcomicsnation.com/splitlip

There are six other stories on the site - all are free for your reading.

There's no continuing story. Each comic is self-contained. The next story will be up in middle May.

Hope you like it!

Sam Costello

trx1
04-28-2007, 06:30 PM
Railroad boy was a sad, lonly tale. :(

SamCostello
04-29-2007, 02:28 PM
I'll take that as a compliment. :) Thanks for checking it out

Sam

SamCostello
05-13-2007, 09:40 AM
Quick bump to let you know that the new story, an Old West thriller called "Headin' South," has started being serialized on the site. The first 4 pages are up.

Sam

SamCostello
05-20-2007, 05:41 PM
Another bump to let you know that Headin' South has been fully posted to the site. Dig all 7 pages now!

Sam

novakru
05-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Really nice work Sam!

SamCostello
05-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Thanks! I really appreciate it.

Sam

SamCostello
06-10-2007, 07:05 AM
Bump. The next three pages of the new story - The Consequences of a Little Alone Time - written by me and drawn by Diego Candia are now live on the site.

Sam

DarkIcon
06-13-2007, 06:00 PM
Deep stories; Good art.
Keep it up. I've subscribed to your feed and I'll be watching.

SamCostello
06-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Thanks so much, DarkIcon. It's much appreciated. Hope I keep scaring you!

Sam

SamCostello
06-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Bump to let you know that the new story - The Consequences of a Little Alone Time - has been published at the Split Lip site. Click the banner at the bottom of this post to read it.

Enjoy!

Sam

SamCostello
07-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Bump to let you know that the new story, "Face Blind," has 8 pages online right now. It's written by me, Sam Costello, and drawn by Ayhan Hayrula, who drew the earlier Split Lip story, "Not Sleeping Well."

The story is 15 pages. Pages 9-12 will go live on Sunday.

The link is in my sig. Enjoy!

Sam

SamCostello
07-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Pages 9-12 are live now.

The link's in my sig.

Enjoy!

Sam

SamCostello
07-22-2007, 08:01 AM
Bump to let you know that all 15 pages of Face Blind are now live on the Split Lip site. The next story, called Fish Drink, will begin its serialization on Aug. 5.

The link to the site is in my sig.

Enjoy!

Sam

Geddy
07-22-2007, 04:45 PM
I just read a couple stories, keep up the good work.

SamCostello
07-26-2007, 05:41 AM
Thanks Geddy!

Sam

SamCostello
08-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Today begins serialization of the newest Split Lip story, "Fish Drink." It was written by me, Sam Costello, and drawn by Iain Laurie. It's the story of a rash of unexplained disappearances. But what connection do they have to an old sorority hazing ritual?

The link to the comic is in my sig. Hope you enjoy it.

Sam

SamCostello
08-19-2007, 06:58 AM
Bump. Pages 1-6, of 8, are live on the site. The link is in my sig.

Sam

SamCostello
08-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Bump to let you know that the latest story, Fish Drink, has concluded its serialization on the site. Click the banner in my sig to read it.

The new story, which has really terrific art - starts next Sunday.

Sam

SamCostello
09-03-2007, 08:00 AM
The new story - Fitcher's Bird - has started its serialization. This story is an adaptation of a Brothers Grimm fairy tale. It was written by me and drawn by John Bivens, sure to be a name that comics fans will come to know soon.

Sam

SamCostello
09-09-2007, 06:54 AM
Bump to let you know that pages 5-8 of Fitcher’s Bird are now online. Written by me, Sam Costello, and drawn by John Bivens. Click the link in my sig to read the story.

Sam

SamCostello
09-16-2007, 07:09 AM
Bump. Pages 9-12 are now live on the site. Link’s in my sig.

Enjoy!

Sam

SamCostello
09-24-2007, 03:48 PM
Bump to let you know the next section of Fitcher's Bird is up - pages 13-16. The link in my sig will take you to the story. The final two pages of the story go up next Sunday.

Sam

SamCostello
10-01-2007, 04:21 PM
All 18 pages of Fitcher's Bird, written by me and drawn by John Bivens are now live at the Split Lip site. This is an adaptation of the Brothers Grimm story of the same name, with an added touch or muder ballad for good measure.

The link is in my sig. Hope you all like it.

The next Split Lip story, called "The Harvestmen," starts its serialization Sunday, Oct. 7.

Sam

SamCostello
10-07-2007, 10:44 AM
The new Split Lip story has begun its serialization at the site today. The story, called “The Harvestmen,” was written by Sam Costello (me) and drawn by Sami Makkonen. It’s about a woman who moves into a new apartment and finds that she has some very strange neighbors and the worst bug infestation anyone has ever seen.

The link to Split Lip is in my sig. Hope you enjoy it!

Sam

SamCostello
10-21-2007, 10:26 AM
The next 5 pages of The Harvestmen have been posted. 15 pages in total are now live and we’re really into the meat of the action. The final 5 pages will be posted next weekend.

Sam

SamCostello
10-28-2007, 09:36 AM
All 20 pages of The Harvestmen, the latest Split Lip story, have been posted. The story was written by me (Sam Costello) and drawn by Finnish artist Sami Makkonen. Hope you enjoy it.

The link to Split Lip is in my sig.

The next Split Lip story, an adaptation of a murder ballad, debuts on Sunday, Nov. 4.

Sam

Angra
11-03-2007, 10:01 AM
I've got nothing to say about this subject...

Zero
11-03-2007, 05:38 PM
bump just to keep sam from having to do it

(I actually red Harvestmen and thought it was pretty good)

SamCostello
11-07-2007, 02:59 PM
Thanks for bumping it for me last week, Zero!

This week, though, I'm back:

The new Split Lip story, “The Wind and The Rain,” has begun its serialization at the website. This story, whose first 2 pages are up now, is an adaptation of an old murder ballad, a version of which was recently recorded by Tom Waits as “Two Sisters.”

It was written by me (Sam Costello) and drawn by Neal Von Flue.

The next two pages go online this Sunday, Nov. 11.

Sam

SamCostello
11-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Pages 3 and 4 of “The Wind and the Rain” has been posted at Split Lip. The story really gets going here because this is where the violence starts. It was written by me and drawn by Neal Von Flue.

Sam

Zero
11-23-2007, 05:18 PM
bump for sam - so we don't lose sight of this

SamCostello
01-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the previous bumps guys!

---

The first 4 pages of the new Split Lip story, In Another Room, are now live. Written by me and drawn by UK artist Lee O’Connor, it’s the story of a family whose son goes missing from their house, only to return a few years later a grown man with a very different life.

The link is in my sig.

Sam

SamCostello
01-20-2008, 06:56 AM
The next installment of “In Another Room” is live at Split Lip. Click the link in my sig to read the story and find our first big reveal of the piece.

Sam

SamCostello
01-27-2008, 07:06 AM
Three new pages of In Another Room have been posted at Split Lip. In them, Gabe is back, but very different, and the mystery deepens.

In Another Room was written by me (Sam Costello) and drawn by Lee O’Connor. Click on the link in my sig to go to Split Lip.

Sam

SamCostello
02-03-2008, 07:44 AM
The next three pages of In Another Room, written by me and drawn by Lee O’Connor are live at Split Lip now. In this installment, something disturbing happens and it sets us up for the conclusion next week.

Click on the link in my sig to read it.

Sam

SamCostello
02-10-2008, 06:41 AM
The final three pages of In Another Room have been posted at Split Lip. In them, you find out hat happened to Gabe as a child and where he went after disappearing from his parents’ house.

It was written by me and drawn by Lee O’Connor.

Click the link in my sig to read In Another Room.

Sam

clawfoot
02-27-2008, 06:23 AM
nice work sam

SamCostello
02-27-2008, 07:50 AM
Thanks Clawfoot!

Sam

robersonhorror
03-27-2008, 08:42 PM
Wow, great stuff, Sam!

Your Profile looks a hell of a lot better than mine...

http://www.webcomicsnation.com/robersonhorror/

SamCostello
03-30-2008, 09:58 AM
Thanks James! And hey, keep your work up - the only way to build a profile and get better is to keep plugging away. That's definitely a lesson I've learned doing Split Lip. Just having lots of practice really does make a big difference.

Sam

SamCostello
04-06-2008, 02:36 PM
After a 6-week break to get schedules in order, the new Split Lip story began its serialization today.

“On the Plateau” is a Lovecraft-in-the-Old-West story written by me (Sam Costello) and drawn by Kyle Harabedian. The first two pages are posted right now. The next two will be coming next Sunday.

You can read On The Plateau by clicking on the link in my sig.

Sam

SamCostello
04-13-2008, 10:11 AM
The next two pages of “On the Plateau,” the new Split Lip story, are live at Split Lip. We dive deeper into this Lovecraftian cowboy story in this installment. It was written by me (Sam Costello) and drawn by Kyle Harabedian.

Click the link in my sig to read it.

Sam

SamCostello
04-21-2008, 05:12 PM
The third installment of “On the Plateau,” written by Sam Costello (me) and drawn by Kyle Harabedian, is online at Split Lip now. It ends on something of a cliffhanger, but you’ll have to wait until this Sunday to find out what happens.

Click the link in my sig to read the story.

Sam

SamCostello
04-27-2008, 09:00 AM
The conclusion of “On the Plateau,” written by me (Sam Costello) and drawn by Kyle Harabedian, is now live at Split Lip. Our main character comes to the end of his journey to find his lost brother, but won’t be happy with what he finds.

Sam

SamCostello
05-04-2008, 07:33 AM
The first installment of the new Split Lip story, “Se Perdre,” is now online. It was written by Sam Costello (me) and drawn by John Bivens, who did the earlier Split Lip story “Fitcher’s Bird.”

“Se Perdre” is the story of an engaged couple who is visiting post-France circa 1948. They’re expecting a long, happy life together, but the husband is distant. Is he experience post-traumatic stress or is something else going on?

Sam

SamCostello
05-11-2008, 08:37 AM
The next installment of Se Perdre, the new Split Lip story, is now online. In this installment, strangeness enters the lives of George and Helen and the story really begins to kick into gear. It was written by me and drawn by John Bivens. Click the link in my sig to read it.

Sam

SamCostello
05-18-2008, 05:20 PM
The third installment of “Se Perdre,” the new Split Lip story, is now live at the Split Lip site. In this installment, the action really gets going and Helen, our engaged lover, falls deeper into strangeness. It’s written by me and drawn by John Bivens.

Sam

SamCostello
05-25-2008, 10:21 AM
The 4th installment of Se Perdre, the new Split Lip story, is now live at the Splt Lip site. In it, Helen’s world goes spinning off the rails unexpectedly and without any seeming precipitating event.

The story was written by me and drawn by John Bivens.

Sam

SamCostello
06-01-2008, 11:57 AM
The 5th installment of Se Perdre, the new Split Lip story, is live at the Split Lip site. In this installment, the penultimate one, Helen seeks help from the Paris police and things begin to look promising in her search for her missing husband. It was written by Sam Costello and drawn by John Bivens.

Sam

SamCostello
06-08-2008, 03:15 PM
The conclusion of Se Perdre, the new Split Lip story, is now live at the Split Lip site. In it, Helen receives the final word about her husband George. It was written by me and drawn by John Bivens. Next Sunday, a new story, “Straw Men,” with art by Gary Crutchley begins serialization.

Link is in my sig.

Sam

SamCostello
06-15-2008, 09:43 AM
The new Split Lip story, “Straw Men,” has begun serialization on the website. It is written by me and drawn by Gary Crutchley. It’s the story of a down-on-his-luck farmer who, after a gruesome crime, unleashes an inhuman vengeance on the world.

Sam

SamCostello
06-22-2008, 10:23 AM
The second installment of “Straw Men” is now live at Split Lip. In this installment, we meet our main characters, struggling farmer Hollis, his wife Ruby, and the fertilizer salesman. The story was written by me and drawn by Gary Crutchley.

Link to the site is in my sig.

Sam

SamCostello
06-29-2008, 02:57 PM
The third installment of “Straw Men” is live at Split Lip. In this segment, the events that spark a much greater, and stranger, event get underway. The story was written by me and drawn by Gary Crutchley.

Read it at the link in my sig.

Sam

SamCostello
07-06-2008, 07:03 AM
The fourth installment of “Straw Men” is now online. In this installment, a moment of impulsive violence sows the seeds for the world being changed forever. Straw Men was written by me and drawn by Gary Crutchley.

Sam

SamCostello
07-13-2008, 04:05 PM
The next installment of “Straw Men” has been posted at Split Lip. In this installment, the violence of the last section builds towards the climax. Straw Men was written by me and drawn by Gary Crutchley.

Sam

SamCostello
08-10-2008, 09:34 AM
The first installment of the new Split Lip story, Ingress and Egress, has been posted at the Split Lip site. The story is about three guys living in a dirty basement apartment in Boston and the dangers of arguing over things that aren’t yours. The story was written by me and drawn by Jason Ho.

Sam

SamCostello
08-17-2008, 01:39 PM
The next installment of “Ingress and Egress” is now live at Split Lip. As previously, this one was written by me Sam Costello and drawn by Jason Ho.

Sam

SamCostello
08-25-2008, 01:47 PM
The third installment of “Ingress and Egress” further ratchets up the tension between the roommates in the dirty, disgusting Boston apartment, setting the stage for the violent climax. It was written by Sam Costello and drawn by Jason Ho.

Sam

SamCostello
08-31-2008, 06:29 AM
The fourth installment on “Ingress and Egress” is now live at Split Lip. I this installment, we’re just one step away from the horror at the heart of the story – it all comes out next week. As always, this story was written by me and drawn by Jason Ho.

Sam

SamCostello
09-07-2008, 12:25 PM
The full story of “Ingress and Egress” is now live at Split Lip. Discover what horror is lurking in the apartment – even in the people living in the apartment – and what effect it has on the residents. As usual, the story was written by me and drawn by Jason Ho.

And watch for October’s special 2-year anniversary celebration. Not only will we have a contest (details coming late in September), well be featuring four stories in the month, rather than just one. You’re going to like them!

Sam

SamCostello
10-05-2008, 08:15 AM
We’re celebrating our two-year anniversary at Split Lip this month. We’re doing that with one new story a week and a contest in which you’ll get free comics if you win.

The first new story, “Bad Radio,” tells the tale of a friendship struck up over ham radio in the 1970s and the dangers inherent in not knowing who’s on the other end of your microphone. It was written by me and drawn by Nelson Evergreen, who drew the earlier Split Lip story “The Tree of Remembrance.”

The new story, and contest details, are at http://www.webcomicsnation.com/splitlip

Sam

SamCostello
10-13-2008, 11:46 AM
The second Split Lip story for this month is now live at the site. “Mujer,” written by Sam Costello and drawn by Sami Makkonen, is the story of the murders of young women and Juarez, Mexico, and a superstition that could change them.

The blog contest is still running, too, and you can still enter to win free comics. Details at the site.

Sam

SamCostello
10-19-2008, 11:31 AM
The new Split Lip story, “Long Live the King,” is now live at the site. It’s about a group of miner’s trapped underground as part of a human experiment in 1890s Britain and its unexpectedly monstrous results. It was written by me and drawn by Gary Crutchley (who drew the earlier Split Lip story “Straw Men”).

The fourth and final Split Lip two-year anniversary comic, Panopticon, wil go live next Sunday.

Sam

SamCostello
10-26-2008, 10:27 AM
The new Split Lip story, “Panopticon,” is now live at the site. It was written by me and drawn by Joel Vollmer. It’s the story of a man who, on a trip to the supermarket, realizes that his guilty secret may not be so secret anymore.

It’s the fourth and final story in the Split Lip 2-year anniversary celebration.

Click on the link in my sig to read it.

Sam

SamCostello
11-09-2008, 02:01 PM
The new Split Lip story has begun serialization this week. The story, “Ashes to Ashes,” is about a corrupt undertaker and the religious vengeance visited upon him after an important religious event. It was written by me and drawn by Anthony Peruzzo.

Sam

SamCostello
11-23-2008, 11:37 AM
The third installment of “Ashes to Ashes” is now live at Split Lip. In it, Davis, our villain, thinks he’s going to be caught by the police, but is saved by an unexpected religious event. It was written by me and drawn by Anthony Peruzzo.

Sam

SamCostello
11-30-2008, 10:46 AM
The 4th installment of “Ashes to Ashes” is now live at Split Lip. In this installment, the Rapture has happened and the world immeasurably changed. But how has this affected Moss, our main character and villain? Ashes to Ashes was written by me and drawn by Anthony Peruzzo.

Sam

SamCostello
12-07-2008, 08:33 AM
The 5th and penultimate installment of “Ashes to Ashes” is live at Split Lip. As always, it was written by me and drawn by Anthony Peruzzo.

Also, for a limited time at the site, I’m selling rare Australian editions of the Split Lip trade paperback. Just $15 for 100 pages of comics – shipping included!

Sam

SamCostello
12-14-2008, 11:51 AM
The conclusion of “Ashes to Ashes” is now up at Split Lip; all 22 pages of the story of a corrupt undertaker and a religious apocalypse are now available for free. The story was written by me and drawn by Anthony Peruzzo.

Also, we’ve still got some limited edition Australian Split Lip TPBs for sale for $15 each. Check out the site (link in my sig) to read both the story and learn more about the trades for sale.

Sam

SamCostello
05-02-2009, 08:04 AM
Split Lip, the work called “the predominant original horror comic work on the Internet” by The Horror Blog, is now available in print in the United States for the first time.

Split Lip Volume 1, a 158-page trade paperback collecting 11 horror comics, is available now at http://www.splitlipcomic.com/slc-store.html

Split Lip debuted in Oct. 2006 and has published 24 stories – over 275 pages of free comics – at www.webcomicsnation.com/splitlip. Each story is written by Sam Costello and drawn by artists from all over the world, including Sami Makkonen (Blue, Deadworld: Slaughterhouse), John Bivens (Comic Book Tattoo), and Jason Ho (Agnes Quill).

Split Lip Volume 1 features the work of Makkonen, Bivens, and nine other cartoonists from the U.S., UK, Latin America, and Europe.

Convention Appearances
Series creators and writer Sam Costello will be promoting and selling Split Lip Volume 1 at conventions in the U.S. in 2009. Visit him at:

- The Maine Comics Arts Festival in Portland, Maine, May 17
- SPX in Bethesda, Maryland, Sept. 26-27.

Other convention appearances will be announced as they are confirmed.

SamCostello
07-26-2009, 11:56 AM
After a short hiatus, Split Lip – the leading online horror comics anthology – is back with the first of 7 new stories.

The new story, “The Cousin of Death,” was written by me (Sam Costello) and draw by Gary Crutchley. It’s the story of a sleepwalker who discovers a whole new world through his sleepwalking.

The first 8 pages of this 17 page story are live now at http://www.webcomicsnation.com/splitlip/

The rest of the story will be posted over the next three Sundays.

Check back for future stories by Sami Makkonen and Anthony Peruzzo, among others.

Hope you enjoy these stories,

Sam

SamCostello
08-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Three more pages of “The Cousin of Death” are up at Split Lip today – as always, written by me, and drawn by Gary Crutchely. In this installment, which brings us to 11 of the 17 pages, the threat of sleepwalking becomes all too real for the protagonist. Three more pages go up next Sunday.

Link’s in the sig.

Enjoy!

Sam

SamCostello
08-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Three new pages of The Cousin of Death, by me and Gary Crutchley, are up at Split Lip today. This takes us to the climax of the story, but there’s still a three-page coda set for next Sunday. Hope you’re enjoying the story.

Sam

SamCostello
08-16-2009, 03:17 PM
All 17 pages of The Cousin of Death are now live at Split Lip. The story, written by Sam Costello (me) and drawn by Gary Crutchley, chronicles a construction worker’s struggles with sleepwalking and the strange things he encounters when asleep.

The link to the story is in my sig. A new story will start next Sunday. I haven’t decided which it will be yet, but both that I’m choosing from are great – we can’t lose either way.

Sam

SamCostello
08-23-2009, 08:04 AM
Termites in Your Smile, new Split Lip story, written by Sam Costello (me) and drawn by Douglas Draper Jr. This one is the story of a too-slick grad student and the women he’s two-timing. But, who is really getting the better of whom?

The first three pages are up at now (link in my sig) and I’ll be posting three more each Sunday for the next seven weeks until the story ends right around Halloween. Which will be good, given the ending of this one, which is, let’s say, intense.

Enjoy!

Sam

SamCostello
08-30-2009, 05:59 PM
The second installment of Termites in Your Smile is now live at Split Lip. It’s written by Sam Costello (me) and drawn by Douglas Draper Jr. In this installment, we get a closer look at Rafe, the smooth ladies man who’s two-timing a pair of college girls.

The link is in my sig. Hope you like it.

Sam

SamCostello
09-06-2009, 02:05 PM
The third installment of “Termites In Your Smile,” is up at Split Lip today. It’s written by Sam Costello (me) and drawn by Douglas Draper Jr. In this episode, we get a sense of why Rafe, our main character, is kind of a dick.

The link to read it is in my sig.

Sam

SamCostello
09-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Three more pages of Termites in Your Smile are live at Split Lip today. In this installment, we learn what Rafe thinks of Ruth, his other girlfriend, and we start getting to know her. The story was written by Sam Costello (me) and drawn by Douglas Draper Jr.

The next update will be next Sunday. To read the new pages, click the link in my sig.

Sam

SamCostello
09-22-2009, 05:06 PM
In the three new pages of Termites in Your Smile at Split Lip this week, we learn just what it is that makes our main character – Rafe – such a bad guy. As usual, the story is written by me (Sam Costello) and drawn by Douglas Draper Jr. The link to read it is in my sig.

Sam

SamCostello
10-13-2009, 05:37 PM
Termites in Your Smile is fully posted at Split Lip. It's 26 pages of ghost-story goodness. It's my take on Asian ghost stories (of a sort) and features probably the grossest ending of anything I've written. It's worth a read.

It was written by Sam Costello (me) and drawn by Douglas Draper Jr. The link to read it is in my sig.

Sam

SamCostello
11-01-2009, 05:40 PM
The new Split Lip story, “Look Carefully,” debuts today with the first 3 of 24 pages. The story is about an over the hill photographer seeking to re-capture his youth, but who captures something terrible through his camera. It’s written by Sam Costello (me) and drawn by Sami Makkonen.

The link to read it is in my sig.

Sam

SamCostello
11-09-2009, 04:09 PM
The next three pages of “Look Carefully”, the new Split Lip story, are live at the site (link is in my sig). It’s written by Sam Costello (me) and drawn by Sami Makkonen. The weirdness depeens in this stretch. Check it out.

Sam

SamCostello
11-15-2009, 11:02 AM
Three new pages of “Look Carefully,” written by me and draw by Sami Makkonen, are posted at Split Lip. In this update, the main character, Butch, is made to feel even older than he already did, further aggravating him. The link is in my sig.

Sam

SamCostello
11-22-2009, 10:26 AM
In this week's installment of "Look Carefully" at Split Lip (we're at the half-way mark), Butch begins to discover just what's so strange about the little man he saw through his camera lens earlier. The story is written by me and drawn by Sami Makkonen. To read the story, follow the link in my sig.

Sam

SamCostello
12-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Three new pages of "Look Carefully" are live at Split Lip. In this installment, we learn part of the Little Man's terrifying secret. As always, "Look Carefully" is written by me and drawn by Sami Makkonen.

Read the story via the link in my sig.

Sam

SamCostello
12-06-2009, 12:38 PM
Three new pages of "Look Carefully" are live at Split Lip. In this installment, the final confrontation between Butch and the Little Man begins. It was written by Sam Costello (me) and drawn by Sami Makkonen. Click the link in my sig to read the story.

Sam

SamCostello
12-13-2009, 08:46 AM
The penultimate three pages of "Look Carefully" are up at Split Lip today - the resolution of the confrontation between Butch and the Little Man. It's by me and Sami Makkonen. The link to read it is in my sig.

Sam

SamCostello
12-20-2009, 09:43 AM
For those of us snowed in, I’ve got a great way for you to enjoy the day: The latest Split Lip story, “Look Carefully,” has completed at Split Lip. The 24-page story about a photographer who sees something unearthly and dangerous through his lens, was written by me and drawn by Sami Makkonen.

There are also 17 other free horror comics at Split Lip.

Check them all out at http://www.webcomicsnation.com/splitlip

Sam

SamCostello
01-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Split Lip is starting off 2010 with the first three pages of a new story. The story, “Beyond the Campfire Light,” is about a pair of friends spending a camping weekend together, when something goes horribly wrong.

The story is written by me and drawn by Jason Ho. The first three pages are live now. The next update will be next Sunday.

The link to read the story is in my sig.

Sam

SamCostello
01-10-2010, 07:43 AM
The second installment of "Beyond the Campfire Light" is now live at Split Lip. In this segment, after a restless sleep, Daniel discovers something surprising in his tent. The story's written by me and drawn by Jason Ho.

Read it via the link in my sig.

Sam

SamCostello
01-17-2010, 02:55 PM
Three new pages of “Beyond the Campfire Light” are up at Split Lip today. Written by me and drawn by Jason Ho, this installment reveals what happened the night before that led to Geoff’s disheveled state.

Sam

SamCostello
01-24-2010, 08:50 AM
The latest installment of "Beyond the Campfire Light" at Split Lip is the penultimate one. In this episode, we learn why Geoff ran screaming out of the woods and who was chasing him. As always, the story was written by me and drawn by Jason Ho. It concludes next week.

Sam

SamCostello
02-01-2010, 03:47 PM
"Beyond the Campfire Light", a 15-page story about a pair of friends encountering horror on a camping trip, is now live at Split Lip. The story was written by me and drawn by Jason Ho. Click the link in my sig to read the whole story.

A new story, "The Pieces of Meat," debuts next week, with art by Dirk Shearer.

Sam

SamCostello
02-14-2010, 12:31 PM
The new Split Lip story, "The Pieces of Meat," has begun serialization on the site. Written by me and drawn by Dirk Shearer, the story follows a forensic investigator trying to determine why 3.5 pounds of unaccounted for human flesh was found in an exploded building. A bug on the site is preventing homepage updates, but you can read the first 6 pages directly at bit.ly/9AXTX5

Sam

Caenxavier
02-22-2010, 09:31 AM
I just got back into reading web comics after some time off. Love the artwork.

SamCostello
02-22-2010, 05:18 PM
I just got back into reading web comics after some time off. Love the artwork.

Thanks man! Hope we keep you entertained and scared for a long time.

Sam

SamCostello
03-08-2010, 05:29 PM
The Pieces of Meat, the latest Split Lip story, is serializing at Split Lip. There's a bug on the site preventing me from promoting it from the homepage, but there's a link on the left. The Pieces of Meat is a disturbing tale about what we eat and domestic terrorism. It's written by me and drawn by Dirk Shearer. 15 of the story's 24 pages are online right now.

Sam

SamCostello
03-15-2010, 05:08 PM
The latest installment of “The Pieces of Meat” has gone live at Split Lip. In these pages, Tara, our main character, discovers what’s behind the walls of her hotel room and stumbles into an even more horrifying truth. The Pieces of Meat is written by Sam Costello and drawn by Dirk Shearer. Read it at http://bit.ly/9AXTX5

Sam

SamCostello
04-19-2010, 04:39 PM
The latest Split Lip story – “The Pieces of Meat” – is now live at the website. Pieces of Meat is about a forensic investigator who, in trying to uncover a conspiracy, instead stumbles onto a secret society indulging in horrific practices.

Pieces of Meat was written by Sam Costello and drawn by Dirk Shearer. The 24-pages story is available for free at http://www.webcomicsnation.com/splitlip/

Also at Split Lip, we’ve just debuted the Special Edition of Split Lip Vol. 2, which collects 10 stories, including one exclusive to this edition, for 160 pages of scares. It’s available for US$20.

The Split Lip store (http://www.splitlipcomic.com/store/) also is now stocking horror-themed t-shirts that will appeal to fans of 80s horror movies.

Sam

SamCostello
05-09-2010, 07:21 PM
The second installment of “Departing for the Third Heaven” is now online. This story of hauntings, friends, and cats is written by Sam Costello and drawn by Josie Morway. Click on the link in my sig to read it.

Sam

SamCostello
05-17-2010, 07:55 PM
The third installment of Departing for the Third Heaven, by me and Josie Morway, is live at Split Lip. The final chapter will be posted this Sunday, May 23. Click the link in my sig to read it.

Sam

SamCostello
05-24-2010, 06:01 PM
All 8 pages of Departing for the Third Heaven, by me and Josie Morway, are now live at Split Lip. This story, which is Josie’s first published comics work, will be enjoyed by lovers of cats and horror.

Sam

SamCostello
05-30-2010, 09:58 AM
The first two pages of Make Westing, the new Split Lip story, are now live. The story, adapted from the tale of the same name by Jack London, was written by me and drawn by Anthony Peruzzo.

Sam

SamCostello
06-06-2010, 09:16 AM
The second installment of "Make Westing," an adaptation of the Jack London story of the same name, is now live at Split Lip. These pages finish introducing the key characters and situation of this tale of terror at sea. It's written by me and drawn by Anthony Peruzzo.

The link is in my sig.

Sam

SamCostello
06-27-2010, 05:01 PM
The penultimate installment of "Make Westing" is now live at Split Lip. The players in this adaptation of the Jack London story are in place and the bloody end is poised to arrive next week. The story is written by Sam Costello and drawn by Anthony Peruzzo. Read it here: http://bit.ly/9STmIp

Sam

SamCostello
07-06-2010, 03:09 PM
All 12 pages of "Make Westing" have been posted at Split Lip. Anthony Peruzzo and I adapted this Jack London story of man vs. the elements and high seas murder. Enjoy it here: http://bit.ly/9STmIp

Sam