PDA

View Full Version : i suggest one you suggest one

chaibill
04-04-2007, 05:27 PM
ok i think this will be a nice thread maybe a sticky
i saw "tale of two sisters" a few months ago maybe longer just saw a post in the sticky they saw it in september 2005 i got from blockbuster maybe it was a year ago)
i liked it really cool and the female lead was gorgeous. In one scene she is discribing a man in monsoon weather that drops his pants when it rains than picks them up when it stops so he keeps doing this and she tells the story to the diner guests and they all stare at her like she is crazy. but the actress is so into it like it is her own story to tell just came off realy real if that makes sence real cute quarky asian girl (i think it was korian film but maybe chinese)
so go out and see it
and tell me what to see but it has to be good and asian

CryptKeeper13
04-04-2007, 05:44 PM
Men Behind the Sun... http://monsterhunter.coldfusionvideo.com/MenBehindSun.html
They explain it much better than I can. I like the story line, although there isn't much of one and the gore factor is off the charts. Also, apparently they had a room full of rats and than threw a live cat in the middle of it and the cat is torn limb from limb by these rats... it's a pretty disturbing sight to say the least

AsylumSeeker
04-04-2007, 07:01 PM
ok i think this will be a nice thread maybe a sticky
i saw "tale of two sisters" a few months ago maybe longer just saw a post in the sticky they saw it in september 2005 i got from blockbuster maybe it was a year ago)
i liked it really cool and the female lead was gorgeous. In one scene she is discribing a man in monsoon weather that drops his pants when it rains than picks them up when it stops so he keeps doing this and she tells the story to the diner guests and they all stare at her like she is crazy. but the actress is so into it like it is her own story to tell just came off realy real if that makes sence real cute quarky asian girl (i think it was korian film but maybe chinese)
so go out and see it
and tell me what to see but it has to be good and asian

You realize they are looking at her like she's crazy because it's one of the sisters thinking she's the step-mom, right? That's a great movie, one of the all time most confusing ones, but a great movie.

swiss tony
04-05-2007, 12:08 PM
ichi the killer is a great ultra violent japanese revenge movie with a tremendous thread of the darkest humour possible running all the way through it. kakihara is my new favourite bad ass and his scene with the tempura is breathtaking. quite shocking as you know you are gonna see some extreme shit but nobody is prepared for that. its reputation is well deserved.

swiss tony
04-05-2007, 03:34 PM
it is hard going. but, if it had've been done in a serious vain it could've been worse. the humour and comic book gore go some way to lifting the tension

chaibill
04-05-2007, 04:56 PM
You realize they are looking at her like she's crazy because it's one of the sisters thinking she's the step-mom, right? That's a great movie, one of the all time most confusing ones, but a great movie.

yeah of course i know i watched it but it wa just a good scene

i heard ichi the killer sucked i think on IGN

swiss tony
04-06-2007, 02:46 AM
i heard ichi the killer sucked i think on IGN

they are way off the mark. it is what it is. the darkest comedy around. as its subtitled its hard to tell if its well acted. i can honestly and whole heartedly recommend it. it couldn't be less like a tale of two sisters but it is very entertaining

chaibill
04-06-2007, 07:13 AM
oh ok

i m going to add it tomy netflix and COMA too what is that other one KOMA i have seen at blockbuster and omcdave mentioned

chaibill
04-06-2007, 06:18 PM
i didn't find COMA on netflix i found an american COMA from the 70's directed by Micheal Crichtan (spelling) with kurt russel i think

i will check blockbuster

chaibill
04-07-2007, 09:12 PM
is it subtitled in english will it play on my dvd player (region free)

twinklestarr
04-08-2007, 06:25 AM
I have one!! ::waves::

Audition! Boring as hell until the final 30 minutes of it, but it's totally worth it. It's the only movie that's ever made me physically sick.

_____V_____
04-08-2007, 10:30 PM
My recommendations :-

- Uzumaki
- Eko Eko Azarak series
- Whispering Corridors
- Versus
- Kairo
- Into the Mirror
- Another Heaven
- Ebola Syndrome

I ll think of more later...

Smackytherabbit
04-19-2007, 04:46 PM
- Koma
- Mae nak / Ghost of Nang Nak (two different movies but same korean myth)
- Moon Child
- 2LDK
- Bad Guy
- Reincarnation (This one surprised me, as i did not expect it to be as good as it was. its part of the after dark horror fest series that just came out)
- Isola

Of course you have the classics such as.........

- Wishing stairs/ whispering corridors/ momento mori
- The eye 1 / 2 / 10 (i enjoyed them all)
- R-point
- shutter
- Pray
- one missed call 1 / 2
- Meribeto
- Any of the Vengeance series

And some of the ones i like that have already been mentioned.....

- Ichi of course
- Into the mirror
- Another heaven
- Audition

Smackytherabbit
04-20-2007, 07:44 AM
mae nak and the ghost of mae nak are both thai films :)

I have way too many asian movies to remember all the details. but i did have the names mixed up. ones Ghost of Mae Nak and the other is just Nang Nak

chaibill
04-20-2007, 05:14 PM
is Audition SE the good one to get i remember reading some wear not here that a new version was out is this it.
best buy had it for $10

chaibill
04-23-2007, 05:21 AM
well blockbuter has a different one it has been there for years never got the chance to see it then when i heard about the special edition i thought i would wait for that one so i wouldn't have to rent it twice. the SE is mostly white on the dvd case and the old one is mostly black maybe it was never availbe for sale until the SE came out ?

also there was a 2 for $20 pack of jet li's unleashed and fearless

is there any othe editions of fearless should i wait for it ?

Smackytherabbit
04-23-2007, 06:40 AM
there is only 1 verson my friend and yes the 10 best buy one is it :)

Chimera did two versions and Lions Gate did a version. And im also fairly certain that tartan did one too or is in the process of releasing one.

But if really want to search im sure you can find some good Korean, Cantonese, or even Vietnamese versions of them with extras.

Also on that list of good movies i forgot to add "The Neighbor No. Thirteen "

chaibill
04-23-2007, 05:36 PM
frearless was dubbed why not subtitle like with HERO AND THE FEARLESS DVD IS CUT TOO OR JUST IN THE THEATER

VampiricClown
04-23-2007, 05:41 PM
Marebito...Been mentioned already, but worth mentioning it again.

The Monster (AKA, Home, Sweet Home)....Kind of a strange movie, but a good one nonetheless.

Smackytherabbit
04-24-2007, 09:56 PM
what about tetsuo
hell i didnt even mention that one