PDA

View Full Version : Who likes Undead?

Charlie
01-06-2004, 01:36 AM
Just interested to see who liked this movie. I'm Australian and I liked it but not because it was scary but more because it was very very cheesy ... very.
And the acting by the guy with all the guns ....... Very funny, but can't see him winning any awards.

Dr.Kelvinstein
01-06-2004, 01:43 AM
Unfortunatley it's not been released in America yet. I think Fangoria said Lion's Gate was releasing it here sometime this year. I'm looking forward to it.

cheebacheeba
01-06-2004, 01:55 AM
your resident aussie (me) has not yet seen it....looks pretty cool though, a few intricate scenes were shown in the trailer...

nb: I feel I have to stress that the people portrayed in most american made "aussie" films, and, sadly. most actual aussie films (like undead) are in fact, what you guys may referr to in the U.S as "rednecks" or "hillbillys", please note that in fact the majority of our population is quiet well spoken, you know,kinda like the English, without the annoying, condescending tones they tend to have happenin'.

I say this only because I feel we have been very misrepresented in movies, as a whole....come to australia sometime, trust me on this, I'm sure it would be a very educational experience, I mean , at least you'll find out that we don't have koala's and kangaroos covering our streets....

sorry, I know I got off topic there....just got a little pissed off that now even Australian film makers are using this kind of exploitation

Ritualistic
01-06-2004, 01:58 PM
Havent seen it... but I look forward to watching it... Zombie flicks are the best..

VampRocker
01-06-2004, 03:29 PM
Yeah, I haven't seen it yet, either, but I've been planning to...

Zombies, cheesiness, humor...what more can you ask for?!

Charlie
01-06-2004, 08:33 PM
Your right about the way Australians are represented in movies cheebacheeba, we look like we're all Yobo's who wear hats with corks hanging from them, not alot is differant in UNDEAD but atleast it's based in a country town where atleast some of the people are actually like that. To be fair our movies don't potray Americans in the best way, they are usually obnoxious wankers in our movies, now I haven't been to America but I'll just assume that not everyone there is an obnoxious wanker.

cheebacheeba
01-06-2004, 11:06 PM
Good to have a fellow aussie "poster"(?)
name's Brendon, or B.

Distorty
01-07-2004, 01:38 AM
Another sydney poster here

Names Matt :)

dashripper
01-07-2004, 06:29 AM
To be fair our movies don't potray Americans in the best way, they are usually obnoxious wankers in our movies, now I haven't been to America but I'll just assume that not everyone there is an obnoxious wanker. [/B]

You are wrong. Everybody in America is an obnoxious wanker.:p

I lived in Australia for a year and I loved it. In the cities people are 'normal'. Definately not you typical stereotyped Aussie. But-when I was picking fruit I met some of your 'movie' Aussies. I guess it's just where you go. Same can be said for here in Canada. We have our rednecks but you have to look for them-search 'em out-but they are there.

BTW-who are most of the Aussies that we get to see? Croc Hunter-Crocodile Dundee. You would think that people have Crocs for pets.

Egekrusher
01-07-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by dashripper
You are wrong. Everybody in America is an obnoxious wanker.:p

Not quite man. I'm extremely humble. Although I am the exception over here. Most men are complete fucking jerkoffs over here, and the women are complete stuck up snobby bitches.

But there are SOME nice people over here. :)