PDA

View Full Version : The Beyond

nightbreed
01-05-2004, 11:38 PM
Alright im fairly sure this one has been covered @ least 100 times but i just wanted some opinions on it.

The Beyond
Really... i didnt like it. Maybe its b/c i dont like Fulci all that much (although i cant say no to a zombie fighting a shark), or maybe it's b/c i think that after shooting a zombie in the head and seeing how a headshot killed it, no one in their right mind would continue to shoot zombies in the stomach at point blank range. Although that little blind chick gettin peeled back just about made the film worth while. I mean dont get me wrong it did have its moments but really I dont think it deserves all the acclaim its gotten.

cheers-

Dr.Kelvinstein
01-06-2004, 01:19 AM
I liked Seven Doors of Death, The Beyond, or whatever you want to call it. David Warbeck is cool, and I liked the whole Lovecraftian vibe it had going. I thought it more than any other Fulci movie had a feel of menace in almost every scene. The supernatural force was way more than humans could handle.

My favorite Fulci movie is still Zombi, though.

Ritualistic
01-06-2004, 02:12 PM
"FULCI LIVES"

okay I am a big Fulci film and every movie of his I love.. I havent got all of them quit yet, but I dont have many to go and I will have every movie of his that was released... :D anyways back to the movie..
I love "the Beyond" nothing like head splattering to cheer up my day.. I am however disappointed with the ending; I thought that could have been better. But overall I love it..

"YOU GOD FORSAKEN WARLOCK!!!"

Aylmer
01-07-2004, 08:01 AM
I liked "The Beyond" but I was expecting more.

mictlan
01-07-2004, 08:22 AM
I think the Beyond is a great horror film. The story didn't make a lot of sense... but Fulci wasn't worried about that. He just wanted to create these spooky unusual situations.

If you ever get the chance see it in a theater, do it. The extreme closeups on gross decay/ dissolving/ spurting fluids are more like an abstract expressionist painting than a gore film.

Once we had a bunch of friends over for a Fulci zombie trilogy party. For the occasion we invented a zombie movie drinking game. The rules are:
1. When someone takes a long time to figure out that you have to shoot the zombies in the head, take a drink.
2. When someone who already knows that they have to shoot the zombies in the head STILL doesn't shoot them in the head, drink your whole drink.

The worst film for that game is the Bruno Mattei film Hell of the Living Dead AKA Night of the Zombies. You will be drunk within thirty minutes.

Ritualistic
01-07-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by mictlan

The worst film for that game is the Bruno Mattei film Hell of the Living Dead AKA Night of the Zombies. You will be drunk within thirty minutes. good movie though and I guess the best movie to play the game with... :D well that is if you want to get drunk fast , huh

avenger00soul
01-12-2004, 05:17 PM
Not a bad Fulci flick, but not my favorite. It's cool to watch this back to back with The Dead Hate the Living b/c they are very similar.