PDA

View Full Version : What Series do you read?

Geddy
03-14-2007, 04:16 AM
I read Ultimate Fantastic Four,Ultimate Spiderman,Civil War,and all civil wars tie ins,The Walking Dead,Invincible,Some ultimate x-men,A little justice league of america,some batman,and superman,and I'm planning on starting to read the new Incredible Hulk story world war hulk,what do you guys read?

the_real_linda
03-14-2007, 10:32 AM
i read ff....love some cheesyness....im into shrugged at the moment and the battlestar galactica series, the new one not the old one...and xena ofcourse! and greenarrow and elektra....im missing a few out of my x-files collection but not many.....x-men.....evil dead-army of darkness, but ive waited for the graphic novels for most of them.

Phalanx
03-15-2007, 06:38 AM
Hoo...
Without looking into my files to pull out the "way too many" I currently read:

All the Ongoing Ultimate stuff
All The spider-man stuff
New Avengers
Runaways (quality)
Batman + detective + spinoffs
Superman + Action
American Virgin
Invincible
Ghost Rider
JLA
JSA
Wonder Woman
The walking Dead
Daredevil
Incredible Hulk
Ooutsiders
Teen Titans
The Flash
Green Lantern
Green Arrow
GIRLS (great)
Wolverine stuff
NBC Heroes Tie-In
Y - The Last Man

...Trials of Shazam too at the moment...cool limited series...

Just started FABLES from the beggining too, that's really quite good, exceeded my initial expectations of the premise, by far.

Geddy
03-16-2007, 08:02 AM
I'm gonna start reading the goon,and maybe hellboy,and maybe uncanny x-men.

Phalanx
03-16-2007, 10:25 AM
"Astonishing x-men" has been a lot better'n "Uncanny" for a while now...its the only one that hasn't made me wanna drop it lately.

Geddy
03-16-2007, 11:51 PM
"Astonishing x-men" has been a lot better'n "Uncanny" for a while now...its the only one that hasn't made me wanna drop it lately.

I might read astonishing instead then,I'm gonna go to the comic shop soon,so I'll pick some up then,thanks for the help.

Posher778
03-17-2007, 07:35 AM
I used to read spiderman, but got bored of it.

Phalanx
03-20-2007, 09:06 AM
No, it got bored of YOU.
HA.
Suggestion - If you like spider-man, maybe have a look at the current series "friendly neighborhood spider-man" or spectacular (v2), they're both quite good.

missmacabre
03-21-2007, 05:51 AM
I'm really into an old series called 'Elfquest'. It's from the 80's, not too old but it's such a good story.

LadyFrost
03-21-2007, 07:07 AM
I'm actually reading Lady Decay and Blade. I'm collecting Blade at the moment and it's actually very exciting and they are all of course kept in mint condition. Lady Decay is a little harder as I dont get to go down and get her comics as much as the Blade ones as my BF buys me Blade cause he knows which ones I have and which ones I dont.

xxFrostyxx

jdefx666
03-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Right now, I think anything nat jones does is great! He is doing the Upcoming Death Dealer comic by Image. Also the Justice league of america, Ed benes. He's really drawing some great shit. The NEW Avengers is lookin good. And I also liked the Friday the 13th books that Widstorm is doing, the art is pretty good, better than expected, since no one puts in any real effort into those titles, usually. I just got this really cool statue of Venom from This new to and statue site called Hellish Toys, www.hellishtoys.com. If you like venom, you need to check it out. This web store has got all kinds of really cool shit for horror movies too, all kinds of action figures, prop replicas, statues, good prices too. The service was good, and I have had some shitty ones with others. You should check them out if you collect horror or comic related items.

stubbornforgey
03-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Em trying to find all the billy bunter and Archie comics

Phalanx
03-29-2007, 01:35 AM
Find everything you need at dc++
comicsunderground hub

darkmoon
04-09-2007, 06:49 PM
I am re-reading the Sandman series by neil Gaiman.These are really good.

beckylouise2904
04-10-2007, 01:45 AM
I am a big fan of the Walking Dead series by Kirkman - although a little cliche, I think they make an entertaining read! :D

Phalanx
04-10-2007, 04:28 AM
I think Kirkman has done pretty well on conversion of the ongoing saga/movie type feel into the comic format, and having kept it from falling apart after 30-something issues. While I'm not half as thrilled to get the next issue as I was when it first came out, it's still a solid read that I look foward to.

I guess I can add a few more to my list.

"The irredeemable ant-man" also by kirkman

Getting into Fables, which I initially avoided after hearing about the premise....but I've found that how they execute it and the back story very good...getting it from #1.

Avengers - The Initiative which is kinda like..."new x-men", with all new characters for the better part, kind've like avengers boot camp. Not bad...a few interesting characters, we'll see...

I've been looking into the Buffy Season 8 comic...it;s "ok", but I can't really say it's all that great so far.

Omega Flight, another alphaflight series with a new spin as a result of the "civil war" thing...looks to have potential, but every other damn alphaflight comic has been cursed to get axed sooner or later...I'll get this one though, it had a pretty good debut issue.

The Mighty Avengers is yet another avengers off-shoot. This is the "pro registration" team. Not bad, not great, I'll see about this one after a few issues.

SamCostello
04-15-2007, 07:45 AM
The series I'm currently reading are:

Cerebus
Kane
Ex Machina
Y the Last Man
DMZ
Drifting Classroom
Monster
Priest
Death Note

Sam

Phalanx
04-15-2007, 07:00 PM
Trying to (again) read spawn. It seems good...maybe when I read it as a kid I lost interest on account of the amount of dialogue or something...downloaded the first 5 issues, and so far it seems pretty solid.
I don't know about all the "curse of" and "medeival" spin-offs though.
I think I'll continue with this one.

I also saw my comics hub had a new title called "adventures of spawn" in it...which is like spawn gone cartoon network. I haven't yet read it, but I'll give it a go...MAY continue.

Got the first issue of Cthulu tales: The Rising, and it looks excellent at first glance...seems like yet another quality horror/spook-out title from BOOM! Studios...seriously guys, if you see any comics from them, have a look.

Maintenance - Looks like a sci-fi/space action/comedy. Good dialogue, funny storyline...I;ll read my way through the first few issues I got and make a decision then.

Queen and Country - It's from a few years ago, but always looked like a good action/spy title. Gonna try and have a gppd read of it this time.

Phalanx
04-21-2007, 11:35 PM
Got the first issue of Cthulu tales: The Rising, and it looks excellent at first glance...seems like yet another quality horror/spook-out title from BOOM! Studios...seriously guys, if you see any comics from them, have a look.

Queen and Country - It's from a few years ago, but always looked like a good action/spy title. Gonna try and have a gppd read of it this time.

Decided against following on with these two...don't know why, they both seem great, but I find they just don't retain my interest enough to go and grab more of them. Seriously, not bad comics though.

Continuing with Spawn, got the first 30 issues now...I'm surprised to see how many high profile authors have been involved with this title, as a kid, the names meant nothing to me...now, it's like...shit...Good humour, good action, and great art.

Started getting "the savage dragon" to go along with my oldskool image collection....haven't read it so far, but it looks alright.

Battle Chasers...wow...vivid colours, and some very interesting art. Can't say the tits need to be quite so big on every SINGLE chick....but, it's a good read nonetheless. I love how it follows multiple storylines too. I look foward to reading more...it's one of those comics that really throws you into its world.
Good stuff.

Geddy
04-22-2007, 02:52 PM
I think I'm going to start reading the original Spawn series, they have a bunch of issues at my comic store.

Phalanx
04-22-2007, 11:11 PM
or, yknow...ALL of them over at dc++...
Arrrrrr!
But seriously...decent series, worth a read through.
I know fuck-all about all the spinoffs though.

Geddy
04-23-2007, 12:49 AM
or, yknow...ALL of them over at dc++...
Arrrrrr!
But seriously...decent series, worth a read through.
I know fuck-all about all the spinoffs though.

How many issues are there in the first series?

Phalanx
04-23-2007, 02:55 AM
Apparently it's still going. Around 160-something?

Geddy
04-23-2007, 04:28 PM
Wicked, maybe I'll just pick up the first story arc, and then go on from there.

ferretchucker
04-25-2007, 07:59 AM
I never really get into series of comics. The trouble over here is we don't have any comic book shops so I just usually get anything that I occasionally see. One shop has ultimate spiderman but their overpriced at about £5.00

CryptKeeper13
04-25-2007, 09:53 PM
I read all sorts of comics.... Although at the moment I'm really into the Daredevil: Yellow trade and the Dark Tower series.

trx1
04-28-2007, 05:35 PM
Would LOVE to see "tha main man", that bastich LOBO get redone. that was a cool comic.:)

Phalanx
04-28-2007, 06:01 PM
Redone, or a new series?
Because...you can always have a new series start that doesn't refer back to the prior series allover the place...just throw in a brief recap of who he is, what he does...etc, and begin the "new".
I'd rather see that personally...although I was never that big on Lobo...I preferred him as a guest star really.

Dammit...GIRLS ended...whatever comes next from the Luna Brothers, I will definately check out.

Geddy
05-03-2007, 12:20 PM
I just started reading a pretty cool manga series called death note, so far I enjoy it a lot.