PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of these?

Voorhees
01-05-2004, 02:49 PM
I still havent seen these movies, cause im kinda worried they will dissapoint me, what are the like?

*The Birds
*Eraserhead
*Poltergeist 2 & 3(liked the 1st one)
*Last house on dead end street

Voorhees
01-05-2004, 03:16 PM
Oh my God, have you all gone to bed? Its only me browsing the forum, and the clock is merely 01.24(Norway)

Dr.Kelvinstein
01-05-2004, 09:02 PM
The Birds is really good, and Eraserhead is one of the most disturbing movies ever made. The Poltergeist sequels suck. Last House on Dead End Street was a bit of a disappointment for me because Chas Balun made such a big deal out of it in The Gore Score. It's really incompetently made and acted. The film of the version I saw was all messed up in developing, too. The DVD might look better, but it's not really worth the effort. It's about this guy who lures some wannabe filmmakers to an abandoned house and kills them. The dialogue is especially atrocious, and the scenes don't appear to be scripted and drag on forever.

Voorhees
01-06-2004, 06:06 AM

freddy69
01-08-2004, 06:16 PM
i dont like any of those movies

Ritualistic
01-09-2004, 04:26 PM
the only movies in that list that I like are: eraserhead and the birds...

Voorhees
01-11-2004, 04:42 AM
Are they any scary?

avenger00soul
01-12-2004, 05:30 PM
The Birds is good, be it bad english or not, hehe.

Poltergeist 2 and 3 aren't that great, but warrant a rental maybe.

Ritualistic
01-14-2004, 03:49 PM
Holy shit I did a typo above.. I have to correct myself here: the ones on the list I like are Poltergeist 1 and 2 , the birds and eraserhead... Poltergeist would be scary to people if seeing a piece of meat slide across the table freaks them out ha ha

orangestar
01-15-2004, 03:23 PM
I love Hitchcock and all that...but I hated The Birds.
Not scary at all if you ask me. Just Hitchcock-ish.

sleepaway
02-03-2004, 02:41 AM
The Birds is great! Eraserhead is just plain weird and I don't think I'd class it as a horror movie. Poltergeist 2 is very good, 3 is good but a tad lame, nothing beats the original though. All are worth seeing even just to have your own opinion.

PsychoticPanda
02-07-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Voorhees
I still havent seen these movies, cause im kinda worried they will dissapoint me, what are the like?

*The Birds
*Eraserhead

The Birds is great.

Never seen Eraserhead

Poltergeist 2 is great. I don't think I've seen the 3rd one.

Never seen Last house on dead end street.

ckyguy
02-07-2004, 04:36 PM
Boring, Boring, Boring and Boring

Vega Demon Lord
02-21-2004, 12:23 PM
umm... I'd rather watch someone watch those then watch those myself.
Just kidding, they're "OKAY"

Dreaming Girl
02-21-2004, 01:32 PM
The Birds: One of my least favorite movies from one of my favorite directors.

Eraserhead: Sadly I haven't seen it. (but REALLY want to)

Poltergeist 2 & 3: Only seen parts of 2. 3 was ok... there were a couple of creepy scenes, but it's still not nearly as good as the orginal.

Last House On Dead End Street: I've never even heard of it. :(

Shade
02-21-2004, 01:39 PM
I say the Birds isn't scary but worth watching just because it's a classic. Now the poltriguist sequels on the other hand - -.-

Robert Neville
02-21-2004, 03:04 PM
"Last House on Dead End Street" was supposed to be a real snuff film. They should have killed the director instead.

"Eraserhead" is damn fine cinema. Difficult to watch, but damn fine anyway. A must see.

"The Birds" is a great commentary on nature striking back. Tippi is a dumb fucking blonde in this one. As in all of her movies.

"Poltergeist 2 & 3" both blew.

Robert Neville
02-21-2004, 03:05 PM
And by the way, that was a very strange list of movies.

Deamona
02-22-2004, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by PsychoticPanda
The Birds is great.

Never seen Eraserhead

Poltergeist 2 is great. I don't think I've seen the 3rd one.

Never seen Last house on dead end street.

i hoped i helped you out

Name Comments Country, State
50719. Daminian Fer Angel Rulz, Greece

50719 Signatures Total

although i dont know about the series, i know how it is to cut off a nice tv series :)

conductor31
03-15-2004, 05:09 PM
eraserhead is a classic - birds was a ok film for its time, im not in to sequals ..... some others that might spark your intrest if you like 50's and 60's horror are Attack of the Killer Shrews, the orig. THING, Attack of the Giant Gila Monster these movies are so bad thier actually good I think you will enjoy

Nightmarian
03-16-2004, 04:29 AM
The birds is a classic, but it's far from beeing the best Hitchcock ever did.

Eraserhead... Hum... How could I discribe this thing... Well, I absolutly don't know what to say about it other than that is one of the stragest, weirdest, wackiest thing I ever saw. I seriously can,t tell you if I liked it or not...

Poltergeist's sequels are... Sequels. Not totally bad, but truly not totaly good either. If you really loved the first one, see them. If you though the first one wasn't that good, maybe not.

Last house on dead end street, this one I haven't seen.

Anyway, whatever opinion we could all give you, I am from the school of thought that says you should see them all and judge by yourself.

ohiotrespassers
03-30-2004, 11:10 PM
the birds isn't hitchcock at his best, eraserhead IS lynch at his best and most strange.

freddy69
04-20-2004, 02:06 PM
poltergist 2 and 3 were stupid

freddy69
04-28-2004, 04:33 AM
birds is stupid and so is all the poltergist movies

nine9
04-29-2004, 07:31 PM
the Birds IS a classic, yeah the effects now are dated, but I still get creeped out by gatherings of birds. Hey, I was a kid when I saw this and I was majorly creeped!

What about the movie, 10 Rillington Place/1971. So creepy, and a true story. The fact that someone was accused of a murder, and was put to death even though he didn't do it was so tragic .

Attenborough was amazing in this. What an awesome family!
John Hurt is GREAT too, loved Elephant man and lots of other movies of his!

tom-tom
06-15-2005, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Voorhees

*The Birds
*Eraserhead

I haven't seen Eraserhead or last house on dead end street but The Birds is a classic which you should definitely check out. And as for Poltergeist 1 and 2, there not bad. Pretty entertaining.

alkytrio666
06-15-2005, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by freddy69
birds is stupid and so is all the poltergist movies

The Birds is stupid and so are all the Poltergeist movies. Complete your sentence and learn to use proper english and spell before you start calling things stupid. Stupid.

The Birds is an amazing film, and I never understood why people didn't like it. It's not one of my favorite Hitchcocks, but it's up in there. I suggest seeing it, if you can stand the FX. The ending is superb.

urgeok
06-15-2005, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by alkytrio666
The Birds is stupid and so are all the Poltergeist movies. Complete your sentence and learn to use proper english and spell before you start calling things stupid. Stupid.

The Birds is an amazing film, and I never understood why people didn't like it. It's not one of my favorite Hitchcocks, but it's up in there. I suggest seeing it, if you can stand the FX. The ending is superb.

that guy has been gone for a year now ..

alkytrio666
06-15-2005, 07:30 AM
Haha. Fuck. Well don't I feel like a real jackass...

urgeok
06-15-2005, 07:49 AM
its like yelling at kids in the schoolyard only to find that they left before you began :D

alkytrio666
06-15-2005, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by urgeok
its like yelling at kids in the schoolyard only to find that they left before you began :D

Haha yah. Well, thanks for correcting me before I went overboard.

Tat2
06-20-2005, 06:49 PM
Although most would say Psycho is their favorite Hitchcock film, I have to stand up for The Birds. Special Effects were very limited when this film was made, especially when it involved other living creatures...let alone a multitude of birds. While most would not call it an out-right Horror movie, it was still full of suprise and suspense, which was Hitchcocks forte'. IMO, It was a fantasic film and one that will always be remembered as one on the "Must see A list."

Eraserhead.............................Hmmmmmmmmmm m................. Odd, good, definately worth watching. Did I mention Odd?

The Poltergist sequels. Well, par for the course, they are the "norm" in the sequel business... not near as good as the first, trying to make an easy buck off of the success of the firsts' name (Not as bad as Halloween 3 though). Okay to watch, okay rent for 99 cents, but unless you just gotta have the complete series for your collection, not worth the bargin bin price...even if you got money to burn.

Damn Heathen
03-28-2015, 03:52 AM
Freaky trailer.