PDA

View Full Version : Teaser Trailer!!!!!!!

Blackmantle
03-08-2007, 11:44 PM
Hello everyone. Long time no see. That "Pogo" film I was working on back in October of '06 changed up a bit and became a new project entirely. It is an extremely low-budget indie film (obviously), and is heavily inspired by The Texas Chainsaw Massacre/ The Devil's Rejects/ and House of 1000 corpses. I call this acid trip of a film "Hacked up for BBQ" and depicts a group of teens falling into the bizaare traps, games, and dinner tables of a group of inbred, ex-mafia cannibals living out in the Merritt Island boonies like the unibomber or something. It's turning out really well actually, well, really good for using only a cheap Canon dv camcorder and working with a near 100 dollar budget. The film will be completed and out sometime in June most likely, August at the latest. When that time comes I will inform you all and most likely post it on youtube or something (depending on music copyright issues, you know how those things go). But anyways, to spread the word and hopefully excite you guys I put together a quick minute and a half TEASER TRAILER for you all to enjoy. Check it out on youtube at this address:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4b27knD8AMI

Leave me some feedback, either on youtube or on here if you can. Thanks a lot and I'll talk to you guys later.

spamman
03-09-2007, 07:17 AM

Thanks for the link.

Papillon Noir
03-13-2007, 09:20 AM
Hello everyone. Long time no see. That "Pogo" film I was working on back in October of '06 changed up a bit and became a new project entirely. It is an extremely low-budget indie film (obviously), and is heavily inspired by The Texas Chainsaw Massacre/ The Devil's Rejects/ and House of 1000 corpses. I call this acid trip of a film "Hacked up for BBQ" and depicts a group of teens falling into the bizaare traps, games, and dinner tables of a group of inbred, ex-mafia cannibals living out in the Merritt Island boonies like the unibomber or something. It's turning out really well actually, well, really good for using only a cheap Canon dv camcorder and working with a near 100 dollar budget. The film will be completed and out sometime in June most likely, August at the latest. When that time comes I will inform you all and most likely post it on youtube or something (depending on music copyright issues, you know how those things go). But anyways, to spread the word and hopefully excite you guys I put together a quick minute and a half TEASER TRAILER for you all to enjoy. Check it out on youtube at this address:

Leave me some feedback, either on youtube or on here if you can. Thanks a lot and I'll talk to you guys later.

I think it looks pretty good for a low budget film. The sounds were good at the beginning, but I think adding a few snippets of dialogue and a scream or too may make it more intense.

Also, towards the end when we see the "family" (I'm assuming they are the face-painted people), the scenes felt too long, especially the make-up putting on scene. I would make those quicker so that the viewer doesn't get a good glance at them, makes it more intriguing.

What did you use for blood? It looks kinda pink. I don't know if you are/have going to color correct your shots, some of them may benefit from a tint.

All in all, looks interesting.

kill daddy
04-06-2007, 12:30 PM
its a well put together teaser, shame its not original. you should make your own trailer instead of copying chainsaw's teaser.
you need to beef up the makeup too.some of it seems REALLY poor.
hope things get better, dude.

MisterSadistro
04-10-2007, 12:23 AM
Since you asked....
The most obvious problem is lack of any dialogue or narrative. This tends to scream "no plot !" to me. If the trailer was loaded with some good scares/suspense, I could get past it. It's not. There's no mood to it. The 'TCM' sound effect worked in 'TCM' due to the lighting and shot sequence. Here it seems random. Flat lighting in garage with Insane Clown Posse looking guys doesn't go anywhere. The opening shots do. Build on that. Just my two cents.
CK

Roderick Usher
04-10-2007, 07:38 AM
A good start.

I agree with most of the comments above and would like to add that the title is too on the nose. It eliminates any suspense of mystery and sounds like a slasher comedy, which is obviously not the intended tone. The title doesn't jive with the images, especially since there isn't a hint of BBQ in the trailer.

The title need to be enticing, not revealing...just my two cents.

But keep it up. Trial and error is how we all grow as artists.