PDA

View Full Version : Henry Portrait Of A Serial Killer

Distorty
01-05-2004, 03:31 AM
I saw this a long time ago and am currently obtaining a copy to have a look again

What are your thoughts on this somewhat controversial film

Aylmer
01-05-2004, 04:44 AM
Yeah I just rewatched this one myself not that long ago. It was still as disturbing as ever. The DVD transfer left a bit to be desired but is still worth picking up if you get a chance.

Distorty
01-05-2004, 01:11 PM
Not easy to pick up in Australia : )

Ritualistic
01-05-2004, 01:19 PM
I am a fan of both 1 and 2

Dr.Kelvinstein
01-05-2004, 02:46 PM
The stuff going on between Tom Towles/Otis and his sister is very creepy. The girl playing his sister, can't think of her name offhand, gave a great naturalistic performance.

Yeah...I killed my momma.

D'Lo
01-05-2004, 03:46 PM
Great movie. There were some very disturbing scenes, like when Henry & Otis are raping & killing a family. Michael Rooker really pulled off a great performance as Henry. A must-see!

meetthecreeper
01-05-2004, 04:49 PM
Movie most excellent one of my favs. Very disturbing, amazing what you can fit into a suitcaseLOL

D'Lo
01-05-2004, 07:35 PM
The scene where Henry slams a tv on some guys head and then says 'Plug it in Otis' was pretty cool.

Elvis_Christ
01-06-2004, 10:40 AM
We only have a heavily edited version over here which runs for 72mins because it was initally banned because it "condoned violence" (?) I think the censors were shitty that Henry doesn't get busted or killed at the end for his actions. I was was wondering if anyone knew the running time of the UK edition as I am thinking of purchasing it if it is uncut (because i don't have a DVD player and can only veiw PAL) can anyone help?

D'Lo
01-06-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
We only have a heavily edited version over here which runs for 72mins because it was initally banned because it "condoned violence" (?) I think the censors were shitty that Henry doesn't get busted or killed at the end for his actions. I was was wondering if anyone knew the running time of the UK edition as I am thinking of purchasing it if it is uncut (because i don't have a DVD player and can only veiw PAL) can anyone help?

Well, I have it on tape. It's the uncut version and the running time is 82 minutes. Although it is subtitled in Dutch (and spoken in English), I think the uncut UK edition will probably have the same running time.

Arioch
01-06-2004, 05:29 PM
A really decent film. Havent seen it in 5 years or so. Probably more, i remember it tho....lol.

Distorty
01-06-2004, 11:42 PM
Just finished watching it again...
Phowar apparently the version i watched years ago was the censored because i dont remmeber it being like that...Ive never felt so much hate for a character as i did for Henry after the murders of the hookers dont ask me why probably because he just sat in the car eating like nothing had happened...All in a all a good movie except for the kinda bad acting but the bad acting kind of made the movie more realistic.