PDA

View Full Version : American Movie/Coven

LegionFilms
01-04-2004, 01:07 PM
I saw American Movie in my journalism class the other month and was wondering if anyone else saw it? I loved it and I'm gonna buy the DVD here pretty soon. Has anyone seen his movie Coven? I think it comes on the American Movie DVD but I've never seen it. And does anyone know if he ever finished NorthWestern?

mictlan
01-04-2004, 01:23 PM
Coven (it's not pronounced like oven!) is on the DVD. It's beautiful, thanks to his shooting on 16mm instead of video. It also didn't make a lot of sense, but I guess I didn't expect it to.

Aasiyan
01-04-2004, 02:33 PM
I haven't seen it. What is it about? If you thought it was good, then it must be. I'll have to watch it sometime.

Dr.Kelvinstein
01-04-2004, 05:02 PM
American Movie is hilarious. I liked seeing Mark Borchardt's skits on David Letterman, and he also has a cameo in Jet Li movie The One. He's starring in a soon-to-be-released straight-to-video movie called Britney One More Time or something like that, about an inde filmmaker who can't afford to hire Britney Spears so instead hires a drag queen who looks like Britney. I'm sure it will win like a billion Oscars.

LegionFilms
01-04-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Dr.Kelvinstein
American Movie is hilarious. I liked seeing Mark Borchardt's skits on David Letterman, and he also has a cameo in Jet Li movie The One. He's starring in a soon-to-be-released straight-to-video movie called Britney One More Time or something like that, about an inde filmmaker who can't afford to hire Britney Spears so instead hires a drag queen who looks like Britney. I'm sure it will win like a billion Oscars.

HAHA I gotta check that shit out

Aylmer
01-07-2004, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Aasiyan
I haven't seen it. What is it about? If you thought it was good, then it must be. I'll have to watch it sometime.

Its basically a good documentary about a bad movie maker. I didn't see Coven but it is on the DVD. Did anyone see "Crumb"? It's about the 60's Zap Comic artist Robert Crumb, great documentary. Must see if your into good Doc's or enjoy art. It was also David Lynch produced so you know its gonna be dark and strange.

LegionFilms
01-07-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Aylmer
Its basically a good documentary about a bad movie maker.

Bad?

Dr.Kelvinstein
01-08-2004, 12:04 AM
Crumb was cool. Speaking of docus about bad filmmakers, anyone see Muleskinner Blues about the old fucks in a trailer park in Flo who decide to make a horror movie? Very cool. And Clive Barker produced it. Their movie is about a guy in an ape suit who crawls out of a swamp to extract revenge for losing an arm in a different incarnation (it also features lots of bad acting and horrible music).