PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Fever questions

avenger00soul
09-29-2003, 05:20 PM
***Possible Spoilers***

Did anyone else notice that the bunny in the hospital was serving pancakes?? Perhaps this is why the kung-fu mullet boy was screaming about pancakes. Anybody have thoughts on this?

And what did the fat redneck have in his little box that he was carrying around?

Sick_As_Fuck
10-04-2003, 04:48 AM
1. Noticed it, yeah, but I have no idea what the hell it all meant.

2. I'm pretty sure he was carrying shotgun ammo.

Sean1605
10-14-2003, 03:04 AM
As for "the kit" I think it was supposed to be more than shotgun ammo, because when Paul went after him, he tried to open it, leading me to assume it was a weapon. If it was shotgun ammo, was he just gonna throw it at him? Unless that was the point, that he was just a moron.

avenger00soul
10-15-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Sean1605
As for "the kit" I think it was supposed to be more than shotgun ammo, because when Paul went after him, he tried to open it, leading me to assume it was a weapon. If it was shotgun ammo, was he just gonna throw it at him? Unless that was the point, that he was just a moron.

I agree with you on that one. It's gonna be one of those "Pulp Fiction What's in the Case" things.

crazy raplh
04-24-2005, 05:08 PM
the kung fu scene was brillant.

massacre man
04-24-2005, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by crazy raplh
the kung fu scene was brillant. this thread has been here longer than me

Sedated_replica
04-25-2005, 12:51 AM
"Hey, its the party man. We are going to have some sweet partying here man"

urgeok
04-25-2005, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by Sedated_replica
"Hey, its the party man. We are going to have some sweet partying here man"

that guy was worth buying it alone ..

bwind22
04-25-2005, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by avenger00soul
I agree with you on that one. It's gonna be one of those "Pulp Fiction What's in the Case" things.

It was Ving Rhame's soul in the suitcase. I saw an interview with QT years back and he said that while they don't ever show what's in the case, that was what he had in mind while he was filming the movie.

I also believe that is the source of the bandaid on the back of his neck. (Kinda like the soul's exit wound or something.)

dantehorrorfan
04-25-2005, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by bwind22
It was Ving Rhame's soul in the suitcase. I saw an interview with QT years back and he said that while they don't ever show what's in the case, that was what he had in mind while he was filming the movie.

I also believe that is the source of the bandaid on the back of his neck. (Kinda like the soul's exit wound or something.) yeah man i heard about this and he sold his soul to satan that what quienten said in the interview i have of the pulp DVD

Sedated_replica
04-25-2005, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by urgeok
that guy was worth buying it alone ..

I really don't understand why people hate Cabin Fever. It is one of the funniest horror movies ever.

"What the fuck happen to you man? Oh shit its party man!"

Eli Roth, you sir. get a thumbs up

Elvis_Christ
04-25-2005, 09:45 PM

I also believe that is the source of the bandaid on the back of his neck. (Kinda like the soul's exit wound or something.)

Nope.... it's some leftover shit from that car in Repo Man.

bwind22
04-25-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
Nope.... it's some leftover shit from that car in Repo Man.

According to who? Not Tarantino. (And I think he would probably know best.) He said it was supposed to be his soul. I saw the interview.

urgeok
04-26-2005, 05:40 AM
According to who? Not Tarantino. (And I think he would probably know best.) He said it was supposed to be his soul. I saw the interview.

i think he was kidding - as it is the other 'what's in the box' movie

crazy raplh
04-26-2005, 06:34 AM
the cop guy was awsome, one of the funniest charactors ever. which just made me think of a cool thread.

bwind22
04-26-2005, 12:21 PM
i think he was kidding - as it is the other 'what's in the box' movie

This statement doesn't make sense to me. Care to clarify?

You think QT was kidding? (I don't think he was.) What's the other 'what's in the box' movie? Movies use McGuffins all the time, so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

urgeok
04-26-2005, 01:58 PM
This statement doesn't make sense to me. Care to clarify?

You think QT was kidding? (I don't think he was.) What's the other 'what's in the box' movie? Movies use McGuffins all the time, so I'm not sure what you are talking about.

no, not QT ... Elvis Christ from the post above ...

Elvis_Christ
04-26-2005, 04:19 PM
Confused yet?????

What interveiw did Tarantino say it was Marcellous Wallace's soul?

bwind22
04-28-2005, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
Confused yet?????

What interveiw did Tarantino say it was Marcellous Wallace's soul?

Oh I saw it a few years back. I think it was on something like INside the Actor's studio or a show like that. It may also be included on the bonus DVD footage. (I'm not sure about that though.)

urgeok
04-28-2005, 01:55 AM
you have to be careful though re. what even QT would say - seeing him speak live - the guy is a brilliant directer - but he's a hyper oddball. i think people like to make up shit to sound more interesting - especially with a camera stuck in their face ...

it might not be the case here ... but it could be ...

bwind22
04-28-2005, 03:39 AM
I don't think so. He elaborated on it a bit.

In the bible, it says when the devil claims a soul, it is taken from the back of the neck. Hence, the bandaid on Ving Rhames neck in the initial shot of him.

Also, a soul is supposedly the most beautiful thing in existence, which explains why whenever anyone opens the case, they can do nothing but stare in awe.

There were a few other things he mentioned, but I don't recall them all anymore. I don't think he was kidding or 'making it up', I think he was telling us what was in the case.

Preacher
04-28-2005, 03:51 AM
Yeah I heard this as well.

Read it in a mag where they interviewed QT

Elvis_Christ
04-28-2005, 03:57 AM
you have to be careful though re. what even QT would say - seeing him speak live - the guy is a brilliant directer - but he's a hyper oddball. i think people like to make up shit to sound more interesting - especially with a camera stuck in their face ...

it might not be the case here ... but it could be ...

I think you're right. The soul thing was an internet rumour way back in 94 that Tarantino alway blew off and said wasn't correct. Now he seems to have adopted it. A case of pop culture folklore becoming fact.... perhaps another case of Tarantino putting "his spin" on other people's ideas again?