PDA

View Full Version : Aaaaaaaaaaargh!

Roderick Usher
02-05-2007, 10:05 AM
Manager and Agent just called to tell us how they didn't like the latest spec script of ours. That's 3 in a row that they didn't get and won't shop for us.

I'm fucking furious.

We're going to send it out to producers behind their backs. If we sell it, they get bupkiss.:mad:

Despare
02-05-2007, 10:16 AM
Manager and Agent just called to tell us how they didn't like the latest spec script of ours. That's 3 in a row that they didn't get and won't shop for us.

I'm fucking furious.

We're going to send it out to producers behind their backs. If we sell it, they get bupkiss.:mad:

Hmmmm, maybe time to make a previous rumor a reality?

Roderick Usher
02-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Hmmmm, maybe time to make a previous rumor a reality?

You're reading my mind

Vodstok
02-05-2007, 11:42 AM

I'm fucking furious.

The manager and the agent didnt like it so THEy are refusing to even pitch it? Seems very much like the employee trying to order around the boss... Does it usually work like that?

X¤MurderDoll¤X
02-05-2007, 11:48 AM

I'm fucking furious.

maybe you should stop writing unsellable garbage huh? ;)

that kind of sucks though, you probably should find new ones. Even though they did almost get you that sweet job writing Bloodrayne II.

X¤MurderDoll¤X
02-05-2007, 11:49 AM
The manager and the agent didnt like it so THEy are refusing to even pitch it? Seems very much like the employee trying to order around the boss... Does it usually work like that?

yeah, I don't know how "the biz" works but I think they're both asking to be fired.

Roderick Usher
02-05-2007, 12:09 PM

yeah, it works like that all the time.

An agent or manager won't go out with something that they don't think will sell. It's that simple. If they get a reputation as the person who shops material that the market doesn't want - they're screwed.

It's an awful, closed system where the ones with the least creativity have the most power and determine what gets presented to an audience.

This is three scripts in a row that won't be sent to producers. It's a brutal business to which I am hopelessly drawn.

BUT this time I'm going around them. My writing partner and I have made friends with several producers over the last few years and we've sent the script out to them today. If we sell what our reps think was unsellable, they're fired.

alkytrio666
02-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Is it Yellow? People just don't get giallo, man.

Roderick Usher
02-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Is it Yellow? People just don't get giallo, man.

yeah, it's YELLOW

We've got an Italian producer who digs it, so we might still have a chance with it. My writing partner and I are trying to set it up as our directorial debut, since so few understand it - we'll just have to SHOW them how cool it is.

X¤MurderDoll¤X
02-05-2007, 01:03 PM
I would totally watch a cabe man movie called "Aaaaaaaaaaargh!"

alkytrio666
02-05-2007, 02:16 PM
I would totally watch a cabe man movie called "Aaaaaaaaaaargh!"
Oh, hell yeah, me too.

Rod: Unleash it, man. Judging by your writing talent, your taste in movies, and your excellent array of knowledge on so many genres, giallo included, I'm sure YELLOW is a kickass script. Get it out there, people will love it.

It may even re-open the 60s/70s giallo genre to new fans!

Doc Faustus
02-06-2007, 01:29 PM
Is that a sequel to Eegah?

Roderick Usher
02-06-2007, 01:37 PM
Is that a sequel to Eegah?

no it's a more macho adaptation of SCREAM

DP McCoy
02-06-2007, 02:33 PM
How about writing a live action version of Captain Caveman,now that would sell itself!

Roderick Usher
02-06-2007, 03:35 PM
How about writing a live action version of Captain Caveman,now that would sell itself!

who would play him? Artie Lang?

DP McCoy
02-06-2007, 03:48 PM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u139/dazpier/art.jpghttp://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u139/dazpier/caveman.jpgPERFECT!

can't get enough gore
02-07-2007, 07:15 AM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u139/dazpier/art.jpghttp://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u139/dazpier/caveman.jpgPERFECT!

lol!!!!!:D :cool: :rolleyes:

Roderick Usher
02-15-2007, 02:29 PM
Looks like I get to cut out the middlemen. A foriegn investor has read and loves the script that was so quickly dismissed by my agent and manager.

So instead of selling the script, we'll be producing it ourselves and (as a result) owning the property outright.

I know it's childish, but I am relishing being able to say "I told you so" to the reps.

bwind22
02-15-2007, 07:22 PM
That's awesome Rod! As soon as the check arrives you should photocopy it & send it to your agent with his pink slip. :)

Papillon Noir
02-16-2007, 05:53 AM
What's the screenplay about?

Roderick Usher
02-16-2007, 07:11 AM
What's the screenplay about?

It's a simple Giallo called "Yellow" about a woman looking for her missing sister in Milan. NO ONE in hollywood gets the concept, good thing we have some other contacts.

Roderick Usher
02-16-2007, 12:36 PM
is this a more tame horror movie or balls out ?

we'll have to wait and see how it all comes together. It's got the gore in the script and some rather nasty bits, but for the most part it's a thriller, not straight-up horror