PDA

View Full Version : Horror Movies Errors

Magneto
01-02-2004, 09:33 AM
I just finished watching Jeepers Creepers 2.... I know, I have to watch all of the horror flicks out, good or bad.... Anyway, he is my beef... How many movies have you watched where you have seen mistakes.... Or if you see it on DVD and you watch the deleted sceens, they cut parts of the movie that would have made the movie that much better.... It drives me crazy!!!!!!

Psychoholic
01-04-2004, 02:52 AM
There is a hilarious error in "Re-Animator", in the morgue scene where the corpse first gets re-animated and starts killing everyone it cuts to a shot of him driving a drill (i think) through the back of the doctor and it coming out through his chest - anyway when it cuts to the shot of it coming through the front of his chest from behind you can clearly see the bottom of the body cast in the shot! (it cuts off at the waste)

serious blunder but it's still a brilliant film :)

mudsliptones
01-04-2004, 04:19 AM
don't get me started on movie mistakes

some classics, the watch in ben hur, the tiretracks of a car in ben hur

yesterday I saw Jaws again, notice how they start out with 5 barrels on the ship, they shoot 2 at the shark, there are 2, then they shoot 1 more and there are still 2 barrels left

EVEN in the latest matrix movie is a fatal error, where trinity dies, she gets spiked in the crash, but the spikes are going through the ship into her body and exitinng again, well, when neo moves her a bit you can see those spikes move a bit, fatal error!!!!

I know these weren't actually horror but hey

I remember a scene in new nightmare where freddy scratches his noze with a knife on the glove, you can see the knife bent, if you wanna see it it's at the end of the movie in the stair scene

Ritualistic
01-04-2004, 11:34 AM
if anyone knows about TCM then you all know the mistakes they made in that one...

anyways here is one I caught years ago on a classic I love.. Mothers Day.. in the scene where one of the sons is about to cut the guyz head off who is sitting in the back set.. it cuts to a scene right before his head is chopped off and it shows his g/f who already has his blood splashed on her face .. guess they were juming the gun on that one..

LegionFilms
01-04-2004, 01:10 PM
The thing that pissed me off were the scenes Hooper cut out of TCM. The infamous "Make-Up" scene and the "Service Station Tantrum" were so awesome but they cut it out, and all we get is raw footage. It would have been awesome if they added those scenes in there, and the hitchhiker dying on the road woulda been good to be in there, it had good cinematography.

Aasiyan
01-04-2004, 01:26 PM
Yeah, suprisingly, movies can have tons of errors. I have to try to not pay attention, otherwise I wont enjoy it as much.

ShamSham04
01-04-2004, 02:27 PM
I've got tons for yah. Here's a few for now though...

Halloween - Michael is shown with the mask on throughout the first third of the movie, but the store of which he gets the mask from isn't robbed until later on.

Final Destination 2 - When Kimberly pulls the car onto the on-ramp in order to stop oncoming traffic, it is parked sideways on the ramp. But when the semi rams into it, it rams into its side. If the semi hit the car that way, it would have to have been on the on-ramp.

Halloween: H20 - Jimmy goes into the house with no electricity. But when he opens the fridge door, the light comes on.

I'll post more later.

Aasiyan
01-04-2004, 02:31 PM
It's crazy what you can find when you pay attention to certain things.

Leslie Daher
01-05-2004, 08:34 AM
In ANOES you can see the cut outs in the carpet for nancy's feet to step into as she's going up the stairs AND when freddy falls down the stairs in nancy's house you can see the matress he falls on. also, in return of the living dead..in one scene they close the tank lid and in a later scene it's open again.

Leslie Daher
01-05-2004, 08:38 AM
in halloween the hardware store is robbed in the daytime and the sign in the door says open?????????

Magneto
01-05-2004, 04:32 PM
That is one thing that truely can kill a movie... In JC2, when the Creeper throws the the star and the bus tire blows, then next time a star was thrown it was the same tire that blew.... I think things like that are major oversights!!!!!!

Sam The Egg
01-05-2004, 05:14 PM
I don't think Michael had the mask in the first part of Halloween. I don't think he was SHOWN much except for POV shots and the occasional "From the neck down" shot

nightbreed
01-05-2004, 11:50 PM
ok ok
day of the dead. cave scene. when theyre all shooting machine guns at zombies yu can clearly see that several of the muzzle flashes have been hand drawn in. also at one point a zombie ges blown away and his feet come up into shot and you can clearly see the squib lines they used.

braveheart
mels running with a sword. mels running with a war pick. mels running with a sword.

once upon a time in mexico
marketplace shootout
look ive got an uzi. no wait its an ak. no no its an mp5. no its a steyr.

lord of the rings- two towers-
im really suprised this made it in the film. when legolas, gimli, and aragorn are confronted by the rohirrim, the leader eomer (i think thats his name) says somthing like "do not count on hope, for it has abandoned these lands" while he says that line his sword slides right the hell out of its scabbard and falls to the ground.

mudsliptones
01-06-2004, 12:46 AM
some ommon mistakes

a 6 bullet gun shoots 7 bullets, same with shotgun, or 1 clip goes on forever, or clip is emptyed then filled again

actors get wet in water, next scene they are already dryed up

bloodstains: actors gets coverred in blood, next scene the quantity of the blood isn't the same anymore

objects are in the left hand, next scene in the right hand

Magneto
01-08-2004, 04:19 PM
I was just watching Reservoir Dogs... I know that it is not a horror movie but it has enough blood in it to be:P Anyway, it looks like a mistake to me but I could be wrong. Harvy Keitel's Character lights Steve Buscemi's smoke but doesn't like his own. It looks like he smokes it but doesn't.... Not sure but it looks like a mistake to me....

ShamSham04
01-08-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Sam The Egg
I don't think Michael had the mask in the first part of Halloween. I don't think he was SHOWN much except for POV shots and the occasional "From the neck down" shot

Watch it again. You can clearly see the mask when he's by the bushes, laundry in the backyard, and when he's driving in the station wagon.

McDonnyDude666
02-28-2004, 01:20 AM
Theres about a million mistakes in the Friday the 13th series just check out the link...

Click on the movie covers to heck out the mistakes.
http://www.fridaythe13thfilms.com/saga/bloopers.html

Ultimamk
03-02-2004, 12:36 PM
Ya, I'm a member there. I find all the bloopers fun to read. Speaking of F13, in Part 4 (this one irritates me sooooooooo much), in the final Jason scene, Johny lets fly a machete into Jason's head. You can see that as Jason goes down that the machete is lodged where his where was, but a minute later Johny picks up the machete from BESIDE Jason.

TheWalkingDead
03-02-2004, 02:17 PM
I'm confused with jason's clothes. When he drowned he was a little boy, so how did he get clothes he's wearing in PART 2. Also, in FREDDY VS. JASON, it shows jason drown fully clothed and in a camp t-shirt as a child, but in PART 1 at the end, when he comes out of the water in the girl's dream, he is only wearing a swimsuit.:confused:

Killer Clown#1
03-02-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Leslie Daher
in return of the living dead..in one scene they close the tank lid and in a later scene it's open again. Thats because the zombie crawled out.
In FvJ during Blake's death scene Jason stops swinging the machette before it makes contact or before the camera cuts. It sticks out pretty bad, but I don't remember seeing it in the cinema, hmm maybe they messed up the footage on the dvd by mistake.

orangestar
03-02-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by TheWalkingDead
I'm confused with jason's clothes. When he drowned he was a little boy, so how did he get clothes he's wearing in PART 2. Also, in FREDDY VS. JASON, it shows jason drown fully clothed and in a camp t-shirt as a child, but in PART 1 at the end, when he comes out of the water in the girl's dream, he is only wearing a swimsuit.:confused:

I noticed that too!

In Phantasm, Jody says a few times that he hates the cemetary cuz it creeps him out, but of course when that chick takes him there after meeting at the bar, hes absolutely fine with fucking on top of a grave.

Killer Clown#1
03-02-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by TheWalkingDead
I'm confused with jason's clothes. When he drowned he was a little boy, so how did he get clothes he's wearing in PART 2. Also, in FREDDY VS. JASON, it shows jason drown fully clothed and in a camp t-shirt as a child, but in PART 1 at the end, when he comes out of the water in the girl's dream, he is only wearing a swimsuit.:confused: Jason was wearing a swim suit when he drowned ok, then he stoll the cloths from sombody for the part 2 outfit, and then he stole a jumpsuit in part 3(off screen) which he uses throughout the series. When jason drowned in FvJ that was just a dream, not everything that happens in a dream really happens, same goes for part one when Jason jumps out.

orangestar
03-02-2004, 04:25 PM
Jason was wearing a swim suit when he drowned ok, then he stoll the cloths from sombody for the part 2 outfit, and then he stole a jumpsuit in part 3(off screen) which he uses throughout the series. When jason drowned in FvJ that was just a dream, not everything that happens in a dream really happens, same goes for part one when Jason jumps out.

Ok, so he just randomly steals some guys clothes off his back?

Killer Clown#1
03-03-2004, 04:59 PM
Well he obviously killed the guy before taking them.

Vodstok
03-05-2004, 08:59 AM
Another non-horror one. There is apart in Return Of the Jedi where they are in Jabba's place, and you can tell, very clearly, that the film isd running backwards (smoke is rolling back into vetns.....)

There is a scene like this in two towers as well.

Also, has anyone ever noticed that in return of the jedi, right after princess leia gets grazed in the arm, Harrison Ford grabs a huuge handfull of tit to push her to safety... That always killed me. Of course, given the opportunity, i would have grabbed carie fisher back then, too.

Killer Clown#1
03-05-2004, 09:23 AM
Personaly I always felt bad for that ewok, he should have gotten a peice of ass:( :D

Voorhees
03-07-2004, 05:10 AM
Everyone should take a look at the great web-site Moviemistakes.com (http://www.moviemistakes.com)

radio667
03-13-2004, 10:00 AM
LOL - This has become my Fav Thread :D i can't wait to watch the LOTR - Two Tower mistake - that so Cool !!

massacre man
03-22-2004, 04:57 PM
in the new tcm when erin tries to take andy off the hook it looks like he is being supported by his arms and the hook is not visible to erin but erin knows it is there somehow and she tries to take him off

Divest
03-24-2004, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by ShamSham04
I've got tons for yah. Here's a few for now though...

Halloween - Michael is shown with the mask on throughout the first third of the movie, but the store of which he gets the mask from isn't robbed until later on.

I don't believe they actually show Micheal, save for below the neck shots.