PDA

View Full Version : body parts & other FX

palleman
01-02-2004, 04:01 AM
Hi everyone, iīm a new guy on this forum.
I think itīs good, iīm not the best on spelling, so if itīll be anoing, iīm sorry dudes!!! My question is, do you have any good (and cheap) tips on how to do realistic body parts, armatures. I often come up with an idea on different FX, but this one i canīt. Or I have one small idea, but itīs not so good. Then i wunder how to do a "cut wound" if I cut someone with a knife in the arm and where the knife touched the skin itīs coming out blood. How could I do that? Squibs... does anyone know how to do cheap, but also very good squibs? Ok folks, thats all for now. Hope someone has some answers to me, or some tips.

//Palleman

nightbreed
01-04-2004, 06:10 PM
one classic knife cut effect would be to take your knife and grind away the edge so it isnt sharp. make a small blood pump with a tube that extends alone one side of the blade, the pump is on the handle. so the actor draws the dull knife across the skin of another actor and squeezes the pump, the blood out the tube on the back of the blade leaving a trail of blood, making it look like a cut.

i would suggest using this with wide shots because of the fact that it isnt a very detailed effect. id use this effect for a wide or mid shot and using either a prosthetic or a cut created with nose and scar wax for your closeup.

just some thoughts i hope they make sense.

Ritualistic
01-05-2004, 02:54 PM
cool effect..

RottingCorpse
01-16-2004, 05:10 PM
Well, it all depends on the situation. If you see the cut being made in the scene then I can't help you but if you don't see it till afterwords then I can help.

[email protected]
Title the message 'FX'.
I'd tell you here but I'm uncertain of the situation and I don't log in very often. I'm not sure if I've ever even posted.

Jason Hodder
02-11-2004, 01:52 PM
If you are interested in this stuff, pick up Lloyd Kaufman's "Make Your Own Damn Movie." It's very funny but also has some great movie making tips.