PDA

View Full Version : New Authors You Discovered in 2003

John D. Harvey
12-31-2003, 10:57 AM
Out of curiosity, what new (or new to you) authors did you try in 2003 and whose work did you enjoy the most?

For me, I've become a China Mieville fan since reading "Perdido Street Station."

Anyone else?

Take care,
John D. Harvey

rikki
12-31-2003, 11:26 AM
Lemony Snicket and the guy who wrote Mystic River

Dr.Kelvinstein
01-02-2004, 06:53 PM
I thought Stewart O'Nan's The Night Country was the best horror novel of the year, I checked out some of his older stuff. So far, so good.

livin_dead_88
01-07-2004, 10:56 AM
Luaral K. Hamilton, shes been wrighting for a while but I just found her, She has got to be my most favorate author ever. (She writes the Anita Blake vampire hunter series).

horrorfellow
01-16-2004, 11:56 AM
I like Al Sarrantino--some stories kind of like Ray Bradbury. I've been reading Toybox and really getting into it--a few clunkers but suprisingly good. Children of Cain and Richards Head--wow! lots of treats so far. I'm not a short story man myself, but these are great.

Well i don't mean I'm against short stories. i just can tolerate a so so novel better then a so so short story. Something about sprawling epics that are kind of a joy in themselves, even if they're not the best.

But like Clive Barker books of blood i love and Poppy Z. Brite's Wormwood (!).... So I can't say I'm not a short stoy man.

But anyway, in answer to your question I discovered Al Sarrantonio this year in Toybox(Leisure Books) and think he's great.