PDA

View Full Version : Wes Craven's New Nightmare

Keyser_Soze
12-29-2003, 06:15 PM
Now I have to admit that I was never a huge fan of the Nightmare series, but enjoyed Wes's other works.

I watched New Nightmare tonight and I have to say "WOW!". I really really enjoyed this movie. Not only was it great fun to watch, but thinking about the script and the directing it made it that much better. This movie on its own raised Wes up a notch for me. He is now tied with Carpenter as my favorite. The best thing about Wes is that he seems to get better and better.

What do you all think?

Don

xshiny_demonx
12-29-2003, 06:19 PM
...never seen it, but will have to look into it.

VampRocker
12-29-2003, 06:54 PM
I like some of Wes Craven's stuff, and I don't care for some of Wes Craven's stuff...

Point is, there is no point, except for the simple fact that we can all agree that "Wes Craven" is one slick sounding name.

avenger00soul
12-29-2003, 07:10 PM
I love New Nightmare. I think it's one of his most significant contributions to the genre.

MichaelMyers
12-29-2003, 07:19 PM
I always liked this film being that it dealt with the supposed "real life" characters. Could have used more Freddy appearances, I think.

ShamSham04
12-29-2003, 07:24 PM
Entertaining movie.

The Hills Have Eyes is still Craven's best, IMO.

Bub
12-30-2003, 05:26 AM
I have to agree, it's raw, it's weird and it just feels non-hollywood.

Egekrusher
12-30-2003, 05:46 AM
This is definitely one of my favorite Craven movies.

It seems that lately, though, he has been producing nothing but utter garbage. All this teeny bopper BS horror pisses me off, and he seems to be the leader of the pack when it comes to directing these retarded movies.

mudsliptones
12-30-2003, 05:56 AM
cool movie, love the plotline of it

_Leatha_Face_
12-30-2003, 07:54 AM
i liked this 1 to, even though the ending was kinda crazy when freddy was stretching all out and stuff lol hope that wasnt a spoiler

crazy clown
12-30-2003, 11:42 AM
i liked it but the build up was to long. but it was still good (just look at the avatar)

p.s. cool new avatar avenger, i'm thinking of a new one myself.

bloodrayne
12-30-2003, 01:15 PM
New Nightmare rocked because it was a new concept...At least I'D never seen or heard of anything like it before...Now, if someone could just come up with ANOTHER new concept...just one...Please...

Haunted
12-30-2003, 02:11 PM
Imagine yourself being the author of, or an actor in a frightening piece of horrorific art, only to find that the story is becoming real...coming to life... It's kind of like The Dark Half...but personally, I think Fred is way more frightning than George. Way more! And I love Stephen King.

Digital Murders
12-30-2003, 02:18 PM
The only thing I didn't like was the new look of Krueger, except for the trench coat, he looks so fuckin slick with that on. But the new glove, the olive green hat and shit, nah, he looked better old.

The only Nightmares I like are the first and the 7th, since they were both directed by Craven.

Sam The Egg
12-30-2003, 03:14 PM
nope, no new concepts. There were only seven concepts to begin with (or 37 depending on who you ask)

Shinobu Kasagi
12-30-2003, 04:41 PM
"There were only seven concepts to begin with "
what?

i liked new nightmare

orangestar
12-30-2003, 04:48 PM
the simple fact that we can all agree that "Wes Craven" is one slick sounding name.

Very true, very Horror director sounding.

Anyway, I have nevr seen new nightmare but I do own Scream and Nightmare on Elm Street, and I love both! Ill have to check out New Nightmare.

Sam The Egg
12-30-2003, 04:49 PM
Wes is decent a name, but the name Craven sounds so 'made up for being a horror director' (not in a bad way) that I wouldn't be surprised if he changed his name to Craven for directing horror movies

Big Daddy J
12-30-2003, 04:50 PM
I liked the movie, but what made me mad was that Freddy was so big in that one. He looked totally different. Did Robert Englkund even play him in that one?

agoniste
12-30-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Big Daddy J
I liked the movie, but what made me mad was that Freddy was so big in that one. He looked totally different. Did Robert Englkund even play him in that one?

i thought it wasnt rob before,but i think it's him.

i heard wes craven was religious before and never watched any movies till 21 or something like that..
is it true?

Sam The Egg
12-30-2003, 05:16 PM
"There were only seven concepts to begin with "
what?

This theory, it's Japanese I think, that there are seven basic plots and any story or movie or play or anything will fall into one of those seven categories

Freddy Krueger.
01-02-2004, 09:43 PM
Wes Craven's New Nightmare rocked big time! I myself liked the fact that they made it seem as if Freddy was really real, you know? Because they should Freddy as just a movie, know what I mean? It's hard to explain. . .

Psychoholic
01-03-2004, 02:47 AM
New Nightmare does the 'movie within a movie' thing better than any other film i've seen, however it does get tiresome in parts and freddy looks shit.

I thought it was pretty amusing how in the credits freddy krueger is listed as being played by 'himself'. :)

DarkwingMantis
01-03-2004, 10:41 AM
It was Robert playing Freddy. BGut the thing about that movie is that it is NOT Freddy. Not Really. Its a demon assuming the guise of freddy because it had been trapped in the nightmare movies for soooooo long, and had come to like that guise. The makers of new nightmare also wanted "Freddy" to be darker and more menacing than the others for that reason. Wes wanted to take freddy back to his darker roots and away from the Henny Youngman type One-liner-spewer that he had beome in the later films.

lyricist
01-03-2004, 04:34 PM
i didn't like it. technically they were making this movie out to be nightmare part 2. being that in the movie, parts 2-6 never existed.

Sam The Egg
01-03-2004, 04:38 PM
parts 2-6 never existed.
That would be nice