PDA

View Full Version : Godzilla

melaniepants
11-15-2006, 09:34 AM
I know this is gonna sound retarted but i was watching the first godzilla(the one made in 1998) and at the end of that movie left it open for a second one.

Do you think they will make another one or did they already make one that was lame and just cam out on DVD or something?

crabapple
11-15-2006, 09:40 AM
You call the 1998 Tri-Star Godzilla the "first" Godzilla? Blasphemy.

melaniepants
11-15-2006, 09:43 AM
im sorry i didnt mean to :(

crabapple
11-15-2006, 09:50 AM
Oh, well, I get silly about that stuff. Had a bad experience at Blockbuster with a clerk who called it "the REAL Godzilla" because it was a Hollywood film...

No, Tri-Star, to my knowledge, did not finish their Godzilla 2. They were working on it feverishly and then it just fizzled and I stopped hearing about it.

tic
11-15-2006, 09:56 AM
Do you think they will make another one or did they already make one that was lame and just cam out on DVD or something?

Not very likely as it sucked big lizard balls!,.... ahem, I don't think it went well with the audience or at box office.

After spending years fighting other monsters and bashing japanese folk, and who can forget the cartoon series, with Godzuki!

How could they kill Godzilla :eek:, damn Americans :rolleyes:

PhilnEdee
11-15-2006, 11:11 AM
I think the sequel is coming out soon, has Matthew Broderick and Danny Devito...Godzilla 2-Deck the Halls :p

The_Return
11-15-2006, 01:10 PM
I didnt mind this version at all, but Im with Crabapple: First? Hahahahaha

Prelude95Si
11-15-2006, 06:06 PM
If you don't try to compare it to the original Godzilla films then this movie isn't too bad... but I don't think you could get me to watch another American Godzilla movie.

crabapple
11-15-2006, 06:30 PM
The problem wasn't that it was American, IMO. The problem was that it was awful!!!!!

hollywoodgothiq
11-15-2006, 06:35 PM
Well, the original intention was that GODZILLA would launch a trilogy, with the second and third films coming out at two-year intervals.

After the critical drubbing the original took, Sony Pictures initially pretending like they were going full steam ahead with their plans - and the critics be damned - because the film actually did make money.

I think eventually they realized it made money because of the hype and because the other studios were too afraid to put up some real competition against it, and this would probably not work the second time out. Instead, they released the Japanese GODZILLA 2000 as a kind of "tide-me-over" strategy until they could figure out what to do next.

And then the whole thing just faded away...

If they ever do another, I'm sure it will be like BATMAN BEGINS: they'll wait for everyone to forget and then start over and pretend the 1998 film never happened.