PDA

View Full Version : Scary Play

Haunted
12-27-2003, 07:05 AM
How many of you can dig on scary games? I was thinking games like: The Seventh Guest, Phantasmagoria, Silent Hill (1-3), Fatal Frame, etc. What do you think some of scariest were? (I didn't do a pole because I want names of games not statistics) I'm always up for frightening play time.

Cheers!

ds_spoon
12-27-2003, 11:15 AM
eternal darkness is a good horror game

clock tower brilliant game

manhunt is great 2

Spongebob
12-27-2003, 12:07 PM
YOU WANT SCARY GAMES TRY "SPONGEBOB & THE FLYING DUTCHMAN" Spongebob alsmost loses his Spatchula!

Spongebob
12-27-2003, 12:10 PM
Nah for real some really good games ARE rESIDENT eVIL JUST ABOUT EVERYONE! Parasite Eve 1 & 2 Manhunt. There is a lot of cool games.

Haunted
12-27-2003, 02:01 PM
I totally liked the first Resident Evil followed wonderfully by RE2. The other 2(?) sucked balls.

I have yet to try clocktower. Seems really great. Manhunt...what's the story?

avenger00soul
12-27-2003, 02:21 PM
Wow, I forgot all about Parasite Eve. I lost many nights to that game. Great stuff.

Sam The Egg
12-27-2003, 04:16 PM
pong scared the shit out of me when I was 2

ds_spoon
12-27-2003, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Haunted
Manhunt...what's the story?

well basically before the game your on death row
and they apparently kill you but they dont and you are given another chance to live..

have you ever seen the film the running man??

well basically your trying to kill lots of gang members before they kill you you get to kill em with plastic bags(suffocate em) glass shards, a small metal bat, a big wooden bat, a bit of wire, a bick, a glass bottle, mechete, tranquilizer rifle, and a crow bar...

well thats all the weapons ive used.
right now its my favourite single player
game its awsome.

hope ive helped:D

p.s/ you chop their heads off with the mechete:D ;)

dmihatmttl
12-27-2003, 08:19 PM
I know I'm wayyyy "behind the times," so to speak, but I got a Playstation 2 for Christmas and tonight I played SILENT HILL for the first time ever (found it at a music store for $14.99 -- sweeeet).

What a game. Granted, I haven't played FATAL FRAME yet (which I hear is the best horror game *ever*, especially the second one), but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that, based on the first couple hours I played tonight, SILENT HILL may be the best game of its kind I have ever played.

I was genuinely creeped out. Tense. My heart was racing, and I was sweating like a whore in church.

That doesn't happen very often to this jaded old horror fan.

Very fuckin' cool . . . .

James N.
http://members.tripod.com/~NEWMANATOR/index.html

moonsorrow
12-28-2003, 12:10 AM
the top ones on my list must be system shock2, silent hill 2, and of course clive barkers undying.
there is a petition somewhere on the net to have a system shock 3 going... just wishfull thinking but wouldnt it be great?

Haunted
12-28-2003, 05:49 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by dmihatmttl
[B]I know I'm wayyyy "behind the times," so to speak, but I got a Playstation 2 for Christmas and tonight I played SILENT HILL for the first time ever (found it at a music store for $14.99 -- sweeeet).

What a game. Granted, I haven't played FATAL FRAME yet (which I hear is the best horror game *ever*, especially the second one), but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that, based on the first couple hours I played tonight, SILENT HILL may be the best game of its kind I have ever played.

I was genuinely creeped out. Tense. My heart was racing, and I was sweating like a whore in church.

That doesn't happen very often to this jaded old horror fan.

Very fuckin' cool . . . .

Just you wait until you get to the hospital....You'll be looking over your shoulder for days.......What a rush.... Haunted likes the high of fear....

moonsorrow
12-28-2003, 05:53 AM
silent hill was morbid... it was sick twisted and demented...pure perfection...looking forward to part 3... anyone try it yet?

and ps... if you didnt allready know this silent hill is soon to become a movie.

ds_spoon
12-28-2003, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by moonsorrow
silent hill was morbid... it was sick twisted and demented...pure perfection...looking forward to part 3... anyone try it yet?

and ps... if you didnt allready know this silent hill is soon to become a movie.
a movie:D
that should be great aslong as they dont get a crummy director to make it:)

moonsorrow
12-28-2003, 06:07 AM
my hopes arnt that high, im expecting a scream clone... they should have the game makers set up the entire thing, they captured the right spirit in the game lets give em a shot to see how well they can make movies.

avenger00soul
12-28-2003, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by ds_spoon
a movie:D
that should be great aslong as they dont get a crummy director to make it:)

Don't worry Spoon. The director is top-notch. Christophe Gans who did Brotherhood of the Wolf.

moonsorrow
12-28-2003, 06:10 AM
right, i suddenley changed my mind... saw brotherhood of the wolf a little while ago, onlything i dissliked about the movie was having to read subtitles (the movie is french)
exelent piece of movie.

ds_spoon
12-28-2003, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by avenger00soul
Don't worry Spoon. The director is top-notch. Christophe Gans who did Brotherhood of the Wolf.
oh thats a good sign atleast but i hope they dont make it like they made resident evil damn i hate that film

moonsorrow
12-28-2003, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by ds_spoon
oh thats a good sign atleast but i hope they dont make it like they made resident evil damn i hate that film

it wasnt resident evilish but it made a pretty good action movie if you ask me

ds_spoon
12-28-2003, 06:20 AM
naah i hate that film with a passion:mad:

moonsorrow
12-28-2003, 06:22 AM
allright then, lets take it outside.

ds_spoon
12-28-2003, 06:37 AM
bring on :D

moonsorrow
12-28-2003, 06:39 AM
hmmm... im a little far away but you live in the us right? if youd step outside i can aim west and start throwing stuff...if i put my arm into it i might get lucky.

ds_spoon
12-28-2003, 07:01 AM
no i live in england a.k.a britain

Haunted
12-29-2003, 09:54 AM
Okay, Moonsorrow would have to aim South....

While you're throwing things at England, do you think you could hit my ex-beau in Sheffield, it's in Yorkshire (northern England) ? Hit him with a piano or something..:D

Sorry...

I didn't know that SH was going to be a movie!!! That's....I don't know how to react, actually. I'm with you all. It could be great or it could suck ass.

moonsorrow
12-29-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Haunted
Okay, Moonsorrow would have to aim South....

While you're throwing things at England, do you think you could hit my ex-beau in Sheffield, it's in Yorkshire (northern England) ? Hit him with a piano or something..:D

Sorry...

I didn't know that SH was going to be a movie!!! That's....I don't know how to react, actually. I'm with you all. It could be great or it could suck ass.

well i can try but im not promising a hit...least not direct hit...

ds_spoon
12-29-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by moonsorrow
well i can try but im not promising a hit...least not direct hit...
lol u couldent hit a g spot in a 10 pound pussy lol

only playing with ya moonsorrow

moonsorrow
12-29-2003, 11:23 AM
ok thers an immage you dont want to fall asleep to...10 pound pussy...

ds_spoon
12-29-2003, 11:24 AM
yea i no lol

Charlie
12-29-2003, 07:06 PM
The Seventh Guest!!!!!! that game rocks

hash23
12-30-2003, 02:17 AM
fatal frame 2 is cool and so is manhunt.... but the game i am waiting for is the suffering, it looks good. just waiting for it to arrive here...