PDA

View Full Version : Feel free to trash the idea but...

stygianwitch
10-27-2006, 02:36 PM
... from a readers point of view, i have read enough short stories on this forum that, to me at least, are good enough for a compilation book... although quite a few seem to have disappeared, some by Rod and all of The_Return's stuff

You all have different writing styles, and different ideas on what constitutes a scary story, and i have to say i've really enjoyed reading them all, and i'm absolutely certain that you all have more that you haven't posted yet or are keeping for the serious business of becoming an author/screenwriter etc.

so how about you writers getting together and putting your stories & poems into a book of your own, call it something like 'The HDC Book of Short Stories and Poems' and self publish, you could use your online rather than real world names, that way, if it doesn't go well, for those who seriously wish to make a career of writing it won't come back and 'bite you in the ass', but it could just as easily do well and it would be good experience for the day you quit the job and take it up full time

As i said, this is all from a reader, not a writers point of view, so it might well be a really crap idea, if so feel free to trash it, but if not, give it some thought

Roderick Usher
10-27-2006, 03:37 PM
ummm...

I'm working on publishing my own stuff right now. Got kids to feed:)

The_Return
10-27-2006, 03:37 PM
I like the idea, I'd be up for it.

Personally I dont think Im anywhere near the same league as some of the other writers here, but it still seems like a pretty cool idea.

stygianwitch
10-28-2006, 01:50 AM
ummm...

I'm working on publishing my own stuff right now. Got kids to feed:)

Yeah, i know that you're an established screenwriter... (congratulations btw, have posted in your good news threads) and already make a living at it, i'm thinking about the stuff you post here, if you're not including them in your own published works that is :cool:

urgeok
10-28-2006, 04:33 AM
i thought we were going to start with a calendar first - then work our way up from there :)

stygianwitch
10-28-2006, 08:55 AM
i thought we were going to start with a calendar first - then work our way up from there :)

hmmm.... what kind of calendar????? please tell me it's not going to be one like mechanics have hanging in garages cos...... 'half naked members' just sounds so.....wrong :p