PDA

View Full Version : Dr. K, here's one for you...

avenger00soul
12-23-2003, 06:02 PM
How about Jim Van Bebber? Ever hear of him? I had a thread dedicated to him a while ago but Ritualistic was the only person here who knew what I was talking about.

Dr.Kelvinstein
12-24-2003, 08:59 AM
Van Bebber is whack! I have Deadbeat at Dawn on video and DVD. The DVD is cool because it has the My Sweet Satan Short. I have bootlegs of the unfinished Chunkblower movie he did with Chas Balun, the great Charlie's Family, and some docu he did about a pot-head (the guy he's doing the docu about hands a joint to Van Bebber, who is holding the sound equipment, and you can hear him take a drag). He also directed a rock video on Anchor Bay's release of Fulci's "Seven Doors of Death" I think they called it The Beyond.

avenger00soul
12-25-2003, 02:39 PM
Yes, I have that DVD too. My Sweet Satan is really out there. I wish they would release that damn Ricky 6 movie that they did a few years back.

Dr.Kelvinstein
12-27-2003, 11:58 AM
I haven't even seen a bootleg version floating around. The bootleg of Charlie's Family is actually a cam-corder zoomed in on a TV playing the movie!!!! And you can hear Van Bebber talking off to the side somewhere!!!!! I know the movie was later cleaned up, though, because I read a review for it in Film Threat when it was making the film show circuit. Word was that Pantera were fans and let them use some music for free. And a cast member said that for blood splatters, Van Bebber filled his mouth with fake blood and spit it in the actor's face!!!!