PDA

View Full Version : Got Some Recommendations For Me?

caioneach
10-17-2006, 10:26 AM
I've JUST started adding some Japanese gore to my DVD collection. I've gotten:

Ichi The Killer
Ichi The Killer: Episode 0
Mermaid In The Manhole
He Never Dies

Though I plan on owning the entire Guinea Pig collection, I want to get some recommendations for some equivalent japanese shock/gore movies.

I know you sickos have some good ideas...don't be shy...step forward.

zwoti
10-17-2006, 10:30 AM
men behind the sun
laboratory of the devil
a norrow escape
black sun - the nanking massacre

The Mothman
10-17-2006, 02:42 PM
evil dead trap

oh no. stay away from that.

get the Ginuea Pig box set, thats what i got.

I heard Stacy was pretty damn brutal too.

caioneach
10-18-2006, 06:42 PM
oh no. stay away from that.

get the Ginuea Pig box set, thats what i got.

I heard Stacy was pretty damn brutal too.

Stacy? Describe.... I'll definitely be getting all the GP movies, without question.

I was also recommended Ricky Oh too, that turned out to be more for shits and giggles than anything I could get uncomfortable watching, all the little iffeminate asian guys yelling "Ricky, Ricky" all the time, kind of reminded of a gaggle of disturbed chickens....but it was mildly amusing if not the gross out I was hoping it would be. The best bits were reserved for Ricky fighting "Tarzan" in the cell with the descending roof...anyway...

He Never Dies was GREAT for comedic content. However, the professor in that movie needing to explain everything we were seeing, kind of left me feeling that the movie was an intended gross out for people who ride the short yellow bus to "special school". But overall, I got some giggles out of that.

I'm definitely looking forward to Flower Of Flesh and Blood, I heard Devil's Experiment was kind of a seriously drawn out let-down, but that was just one review I read. My opinion could differ quite a bit.

GP collection is ON.

But do tell me more about "Stacy".

Zwoti, I marked your suggestions on my Half.com wishlist so I don't forget them...thanks.

stinking_dylan
10-23-2006, 03:50 AM
Mermaid in a manhole is by far the best of the guinea pig series. It was the first of the series that I saw, and I was hoping they would improve after that as I've heard so much about the series.

To be honest, I found the rest of the films to be one of the worst series I've ever seen. I can't remember what they are called, but the one where a girl is mutilated (is that flowers of flesh and blood?) just seems to be an excercise in excess. It's not a film at all and has no plot, characters or anything, just a cheap low budget effect catalogue really. The rest of the films are just plain shite, and are nothing like the previous two.

Mermaid is passable. I can understand why some would like Flowers, though it's not my sort of thing and cannot really be regarded as a horror film per se. But as for the rest, the mind just boggles as to how they have become such a banded about title, regardless of whether your a horror fan or not.

Check out A tale of two sisters, then look back at guinea pig and try to remember why it is you watched it in the first place :D

At the end of the day, each to their own I suppose.

noctuary
10-23-2006, 04:15 AM
He Never Dies is my favorite of the Guinea Pig series, but to be honest, I'm not all that into any of them. If you're just purely into gore, you could check out the All Night Long series.