PDA

View Full Version : What's with this?

LegionFilms
12-23-2003, 06:50 AM
I'm seeing, in several different threads, people saying they like the remake of TCM (which is fine) but then they don't like the original. What the hell is that about?

avenger00soul
12-23-2003, 07:01 AM
I haven't seen the remake, but I highly doubt it will surpass my love for the original.

Tobe Hooper forever.

LegionFilms
12-23-2003, 07:07 AM
But it's like they havn't even seen the original, yet they claim to like TCM, just kind of aggrivates me

avenger00soul
12-23-2003, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by LegionFilms
But it's like they havn't even seen the original, yet they claim to like TCM, just kind of aggrivates me

Well, I don't mean to be harsh, but fuck 'em. It's kinda hard to be a horror fan without having witnessed the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

LegionFilms
12-23-2003, 07:22 AM
yea, it's kind of pissing on the original though, how they made the new one, centered towards teens and all, but it draws them away from the original, but then again in some cases it did the opposite, for example I saw TCM remake with my bud and he'd never seen the original, and the first thing he said when it was over was "Let's go rent the original"

Leslie Daher
12-23-2003, 08:01 AM
how is it hard to be a horror fan w/o having witnessed the original? i mean. i understand that you like the movie but one has nothing to do w/ the other. i personally don't care for the TCM movies but i still love horror none the less. if something is a good movie it just is...and that's why there's that little saying, "there's no accounting for taste." one has nothing to do w/ the other. a person can just generally like movie can't they?

avenger00soul
12-23-2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Leslie Daher
how is it hard to be a horror fan w/o having witnessed the original? i mean. i understand that you like the movie but one has nothing to do w/ the other. i personally don't care for the TCM movies but i still love horror none the less. if something is a good movie it just is...and that's why there's that little saying, "there's no accounting for taste." one has nothing to do w/ the other. a person can just generally like movie can't they?

When horror fans gather, they usually engage in conversations about horror films. TCM is a classic horror film that is the topic of many conversations (and many on here as you can see). If you haven't seen it, it's hard to talk about it. Therefore, it's hard to be a horror fan without having seen the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre-regardless of whether you liked it or not. If you didn't like, you can still talk about it and argue your point. So what you are arguing has nothing to do with what I was saying. Man, we sure do misunderstand each other alot Leslie Michele Daher.:D

Leslie Daher
12-23-2003, 08:13 AM
i know how it is to be in love w/ something..i do..i'm an extreme halloween fan..some ppl think the series began w/ h20 and ended w/ resurrection...we as true fans know the difference but hey! that's hollywood. they'll run anything into the ground to make a buck and they bank on the fact that some ppl can be sold anything. i for one hate the whole bubble gum pop generation britney spears b.s. and the originals are ALWAYS best in my book! :)

avenger00soul
12-23-2003, 08:14 AM
Can't argue with that.:)