PDA

View Full Version : Forum Upgrade Update...

horror
10-10-2006, 12:19 AM
Just wanted to let you all know that the forum upgrade isn't quite done, but it's done enough that we can all post again! :)

If you find problems with the forum since the upgrade, please let us know so we can look into it.

The design isn't quite back to where we want it yet either, but it will be soon. For now, try out the new features and see what you think. :)

slasherman
10-10-2006, 02:50 AM
nice...can you fix so people cant fake to be Banned too ? ....That the the real Banned people are in red or something ...

Haunted
10-10-2006, 03:46 AM
I like the new format. It's more convenient in my mind. O' course, people are weary o 'change. Some people will be bound to complain, but not me.

punk666
10-10-2006, 04:18 AM
im starting 2 get use 2 it now, i like that some faces have colour lol n the layout when replying is better i think.

hellfire1
10-10-2006, 04:41 AM
where'd invisible mode go, horror ?? even you appear online, dude. it takes away all your mystique. :p

Vodstok
10-10-2006, 05:01 AM
I fear change. Screw change. AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek:

Wait.. the forum changed? Hm. Didnt notice...

urgeok
10-10-2006, 07:05 AM
Just wanted to let you all know that the forum upgrade isn't quite done, but it's done enough that we can all post again! :)

he said ' we' ;)

ShankS
10-10-2006, 07:09 AM
he said ' we' ;)

but does that 'we' put us on his level, or him down to ours?

The_Return
10-10-2006, 07:30 AM
The one thing that always kind of bugged me here was the lack of a Quick Reply box.

Thanks Horror!

evildemontoo
10-10-2006, 09:33 AM
Well, I like the new colors, but I don't like that the avatar takes up 2 inches of space so you have to scroll down more to see the thread replies. But I like to see the avatars, is there a way I can do an adjustment on my user controls to make them smaller? I kinda liked them on the side where they were, but the rest looks awesome!

zwoti
10-10-2006, 09:39 AM
forum tools not working everywhere

The Flayed One
10-10-2006, 10:14 AM
One more time, just for the hell of it. Since you're hanging around making changes, could we have a buy/sell/trade forum?

monalisa
10-11-2006, 12:20 AM
Hi all,

Since your server upgrade, I ust wanted to report 2 problems I've been experiencing.

1. With every page I go to, I get the following error:

A Runtime Error has occurred.
Do you wish to debug?
Line: 1710
Error: 'null' is not null or is not an object.

2. My images that I previously posted are not showing up sice the upgrade.

Thank you.

monalisa
10-11-2006, 12:31 AM
when I try to edit my own post, it says I don't have permissions and then I have to log in again to do anything more.

tic
10-11-2006, 02:13 AM
Hi all,

Since your server upgrade, I ust wanted to report 2 problems I've been experiencing.

1. With every page I go to, I get the following error:

A Runtime Error has occurred.
Do you wish to debug?
Line: 1710
Error: 'null' is not null or is not an object.

2. My images that I previously posted are not showing up sice the upgrade.

Thank you.

I was getting the same message (1) but they have cleared up now.

I went on a search engine to see what the error was and I came up with a few suggestions:

1. Try cleaning your computer's registry.
2. Empty your internet explorer cache file.
3. Delete temporary internet files.
4. In internet explorer (not sure if it's tools or settings), there should be a tab called advanced, this will give you a long list of options. Under the browsing option, make sure disabling script debugging for internet explorer and others has a tick in the box besides them both.
Try going to the pages now (it worked for me)

bloodrayne
10-12-2006, 12:10 AM
I was getting the same message (1) but they have cleared up now.

I went on a search engine to see what the error was and I came up with a few suggestions:

1. Try cleaning your computer's registry.
2. Empty your internet explorer cache file.
3. Delete temporary internet files.
4. In internet explorer (not sure if it's tools or settings), there should be a tab called advanced, this will give you a long list of options. Under the browsing option, make sure disabling script debugging for internet explorer and others has a tick in the box besides them both.
Try going to the pages now (it worked for me)Holy Cow!!!...You went through all of that just to be HERE....Now THAT'S dedication!

Damn...

tic
10-12-2006, 05:18 AM
Holy Cow!!!...You went through all of that just to be HERE....Now THAT'S dedication!

Damn...

Well actually i was having the same problem with other sites, not just HDC. It cleared them up as well.

noctuary
10-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Is there no way to change your user title anymore? I like "whisperer in darkness" but I do like to switch it up now and then. Other than this, I like the new look.

zwoti
10-12-2006, 12:47 PM
Is there no way to change your user title anymore? I like "whisperer in darkness" but I do like to switch it up now and then. Other than this, I like the new look.

user/cp

edit profile

it's there for me :cool:

bloodrayne
10-12-2006, 12:53 PM
user/cp

edit profile

it's there for me :cool:It's there for ME, too...But what if it's like the avatar problem that some people are having?...Such as, what if we try to change it, then it just disappears?:eek:

I'm kinda afraid to mess with ANYTHING now...Ya know?

zwoti
10-12-2006, 01:03 PM
It's there for ME, too...But what if it's like the avatar problem that some people are having?...Such as, what if we try to change it, then it just disappears?:eek:

well i changed my avatar, but instead of uploading a new one i linked to one on photobucket :cool:

stygianwitch
10-12-2006, 01:29 PM
It's there for ME, too...But what if it's like the avatar problem that some people are having?...Such as, what if we try to change it, then it just disappears?:eek:

It's not there for me, mine has changed back to registered user...today :eek: and i can't change my avatar either except to the standard pre-loaded ones!!

Morbid Fantasy
10-13-2006, 08:13 PM
I'm having the same problem. Do you need a certain number of posts to be able to use a custom avatar?

tic
10-14-2006, 12:14 PM
Regarding the problem with a certain person / persons unknown, impersonating members of the forum on the chat room, could it be done that in order to enter the chat room itself you would have to log on with your own password, so when a name comes up it is the real person.

I was led to believe that both your password and username where unique to you, so although this may make it a tedious problem to chat with someone, at least fake ids would be stopped and imposters dealt with.

zwoti
10-14-2006, 02:35 PM
Regarding the problem with a certain person / persons unknown, impersonating members of the forum on the chat room, could it be done that in order to enter the chat room itself you would have to log on with your own password, so when a name comes up it is the real person.

I was led to believe that both your password and username where unique to you, so although this may make it a tedious problem to chat with someone, at least fake ids would be stopped and imposters dealt with.

well as this chatroom has NOTHING to do with hdc, that would be a bit hard to do.

bloodrayne
10-14-2006, 08:59 PM
well as this chatroom has NOTHING to do with hdc, that would be a bit hard to do.Yeah...That's what I've been telling them, too

There really is nothing we can do about it

Disease
10-15-2006, 06:33 PM
Does anyone know if they have been impersonated?