PDA

View Full Version : invisible mode

ENTITY2000
09-29-2006, 10:25 PM
GGGRRRRR,,,,,,,, it's like everytime i get online i'll c so many guest and like for ex:6 members, but only three have their screen names showing. WHY???? it seems like the in thing to do? not that i would because I have nothing to HIDE from my FRIENDS on HDC! and I'm a leader not a follower. :rolleyes: :p

Dude Guadalupe
09-29-2006, 10:32 PM
I've never thought about it before, but I'm always invisible on here, yahoo, myspace..........it's strange now that I think about it.

crabapple
09-29-2006, 10:35 PM
I've been using invisible mode because I started getting embarrassed about HOW OFTEN I come in here and see what's going on. I will often check in many times during the day because people here are such fun to chat with...................

ENTITY2000
09-29-2006, 10:44 PM
i come and check in all the time!!!! it's nice to c who's here not that it matters but i wanna c you guys! is that 2 much to ask?:confused:

_____V_____
09-30-2006, 12:21 AM
err...sorry T. I ve been in Invisible for a while now, just cuz I could be more safe in my browsing the forum, if you mean me, that is.

Phalanx
09-30-2006, 01:59 AM
I think I have most of my things set to invisible...simply because if and when I choose to commonicate with others, I want it to be on my terms, when it's convenient to me.
Sometimes I just wanna browse and/or post, or read something while signed in, or there's only specific people I wanna talk to at the time...and just don't want any interruptions.
It's not about "hiding" anything, it's more about being easier than being perceived as rude? If I wanna talk, I'll talk, if not, you won't know I'm around.
It's funny how much this comes up.

The Flayed One
09-30-2006, 02:56 AM
My simple excuse: when I go to work I usually log on in the mornings and leave the window minimized, checking throughout the day. Sometimes, if it shows you've been logged on for 4 hours and haven't posted anything, you'll get a couple of "hey u y arnt u posting lolz!!1?" PMs. Since I can hardly ever bring myself to clean out my PM box as it is (because I'm lazy) invisible mode is an easy out.

VampiricClown
09-30-2006, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Phalanx
I think I have most of my things set to invisible...simply because if and when I choose to commonicate with others, I want it to be on my terms, when it's convenient to me.
Sometimes I just wanna browse and/or post, or read something while signed in, or there's only specific people I wanna talk to at the time...and just don't want any interruptions.
It's not about "hiding" anything, it's more about being easier than being perceived as rude? If I wanna talk, I'll talk, if not, you won't know I'm around.

Probably the most sensible reason.

This is why I'm invisible on most things. Myspace, Yahoo, AIM, etc.

I was invisible on here, but just changed it for no reason.

ItsAlive75
09-30-2006, 05:58 AM
Sometimes I wish I was invisible.

Cue the song...

monalisa
09-30-2006, 10:23 PM
Sometimes I don't have time to talk to people, but want to do a quick check so that later when I have time, I know if there is anything I want to respond to, or if I want to make a quick response and log on later when I have more time.

Sometimes, I just forget that I set it to 'invisible' and don't think about changing it back.

And my last reason is, sometimes I just don't feel like talking to anyone. Not that I'm bombarded with a tidal wave of people that want to talk to me or anything :rolleyes: cuz I'm not, trust me. But sometimes I just don't feel like talking to anyone. Hope that makes sense. :)

Dude Guadalupe
09-30-2006, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Phalanx

Exactly

Disease
09-30-2006, 10:59 PM
I would like to be invisible, but I don't think I have the capability yet, I need to believe more in the thread first.............?

monalisa
09-30-2006, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by ENTITY2000
GGGRRRRR,,,,,,,,

BTW, I gotta tell you, your avatar and the GGGRRRRR, at the beginning of this thread, go great together! :D