PDA

View Full Version : Stormy nights

Nikkif8
09-29-2006, 05:40 AM
It's a rainy dark day here in VT and it always makes me wana lay around and watch old horror movies all day. I love stormy nights, even days. As well as a lot scarey movies taking place in the country, it seems to be stormy a lot in the movies too. I love it.

How's the weather where you are? DO you like storms?

hammerfan
09-29-2006, 05:47 AM
We had a stormy night as well. Right now it's cloudy and 57 degrees. I LOVE storms - the only thing I miss about Louisiana is the kick-ass storms they had!

crabapple
09-29-2006, 07:05 AM
ohhhh I love rain and thunder and lightning. love love love. Used to rain a lot more out in California as I recall. Every other month it seemed there'd be a storm. Used to love going to school in the rain too because it always sounded cool.

urgeok
09-29-2006, 07:43 AM
Well, I love a rainy night
I love a rainy night
I love to hear the thunder
Watch the lightning
When it lights up the sky
You know it makes me feel good

It's such a beautiful sight
I love to feel the rain
On my face
Taste the rain on my lips
In the moonlight shadow

Showers washed
All my cares away
I wake up to a sunny day
'Cos I love a rainy night
Yeah, I love a rainy night

Ooh-ooh

I love a rainy night
I love a rainy night
I love to hear the thunder
Watch the lightning
When it lights up the sky
You know it makes me feel good

It's such a beautiful sight
I love to feel the rain
On my face
To taste the rain on my lips
In the moonlight shadows

Puts a song
In this heart of mine
Puts a smile on my face every time

Ooh, I love a rainy night

Ooh-ooh

---- Instrumental Interlude ----

Showers washed
All my cares away
I wake up to a sunny day
I love a rainy night
You can see it in my eyes
Well, it makes me high
Ooh, I love a rainy night
You know I do, yeah, yeah
I love a rainy night

I love a rainy night
You can see it in my eyes..

(courtesy of Eddie Rabbit)

Haunted
09-29-2006, 08:16 AM
I have a very specific memory of that song. I was riding in my dad's jeep during a thunderstorum. We were on our way back from my grandparents. I remember how the lights played off the plastic windows, because they were the kind of windows that zipped out. Goddess I was so young. That's such a warm memory.

Used to be terribly afraid of thunderstorms, but growing up and spending summers at my grandparents hous in rural NC, I sort of taught myself how not to be afraid. I think my grandfather helped, by always reassuring me, and telling the tale of the "Killer Tornado that Struck Six Mile SC in 1927." He taught me how to watch the sky, because it was the potential for tornados that mostly scared me.

Now... I love storms, the more furious the better. The bad part is that I know that somewhere other people are in real danger. We have a storm room built into our basement. Others aren't so fortunate.

I know a lot of you don't believe in Witchcraft, and that's totally cool, but for a split sec. suspend your disbeliefe. Weather stuff, I do not mess with, even though I love storms. I mean, say I could mess with weather (incidentally, I don't believe that I actually could even if I really wanted to anyway), that would be totally selfish and it could hurt a lot of people just so I could have a severe thunderstorm. Nope. I don't fuck with that.

punk666
09-29-2006, 11:04 AM
i love when it rains but when im in the house lol n if theres thunder n lighting while watching a horror film it gives it a great atmosphere.

ENTITY2000
09-29-2006, 11:15 AM
well it's nice and sunny 73 degrees beeeeeeeaauuuuutiful day!!!
:D

Phalanx
09-29-2006, 11:19 AM
Storms are weather at its best, IMO.
The air is just, alive. It smells great, it sounds great and still pulls off a badass lightshow. It should storm all the damn time.

Vodstok
09-29-2006, 12:20 PM
Gray and rainy here too. Of course, im not that far away from VT.

The_Return
09-29-2006, 12:41 PM
Not really a storm, but it's been cloudy/rainy here all day. Next best thing to a storm, I love rainy days:D

monalisa
09-29-2006, 04:57 PM
I love storms! Here's a pic of one rolling into the the southern part of the Mpls/St. Paul area last year.

punk666
09-30-2006, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by monalisa
I love storms! Here's a pic of one rolling into the the southern part of the Mpls/St. Paul area last year.

theres none like that where i live, we get pretty crap stroms but were lucky enough not 2 get tornadoes n stuff.