PDA

View Full Version : on the rob zombie remake

halloweenfreak1
09-10-2006, 02:05 PM
does any one think that this movie is going to be worth watching. I mean dont get me wrong i loved rob zombie's two films but if he remakes halloween wont it turn into just another gore fest like his other films. halloween wasnt about gore it was about suspence and fear, not blood and guts.my main question is is anyone going to go see this?

alkytrio666
09-10-2006, 02:57 PM
I know I'll see it, but I'm having a tough time trying to imagine myself enjoying it. I have a great deal of respect for Mr. Zombie, both as a director and a fellow horror fan, but I can't see this clinking in with his style.

Halloween is one of my sacreds...I'd hoped it'd never be done, same with The Evil Dead, but it was only a matter of time.

halloweenfreak1
09-10-2006, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by alkytrio666
I know I'll see it, but I'm having a tough time trying to imagine myself enjoying it. I have a great deal of respect for Mr. Zombie, both as a director and a fellow horror fan, but I can't see this clinking in with his style.

Halloween is one of my sacreds...I'd hoped it'd never be done, same with The Evil Dead, but it was only a matter of time.

sadly this is true.halloween will be redone by as you said a very respected horror movie director . but zombie's blood and guts style wont fit in with the original halloween.

alkytrio666
09-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by halloweenfreak1
but zombie's blood and guts style wont fit in with the original halloween.

I absolutely agree with you.

So let's hope he tries a new style, eh?

MichaelMyers63
09-10-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by alkytrio666
I absolutely agree with you.

So let's hope he tries a new style, eh?

i disagree totally i think it will be the best remake ever made. zombie's "reimagining"
will be the best installment yet.

halloweenfreak1
09-10-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by MichaelMyers63
i disagree totally i think it will be the best remake ever made. zombie's "reimagining"
will be the best installment yet.

You've got to be fucking kidding me!! there is no way you could actually belive that a remake will out due the original. Halloween even!! you have got to be on some good drugs.

The Mothman
09-10-2006, 04:17 PM
hopefull he puts his "bad assness" style in this one, which devil's rejects was loaded with.

and he better not change the fuckin soundtrack.

halloweenfreak1
09-10-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by The Mothman

and he better not change the fuckin soundtrack.
totally agreed

MichaelMyers63
09-10-2006, 06:37 PM
You've got to be fucking kidding me!! there is no way you could actually belive that a remake will out due the original. Halloween even!! you have got to be on some good drugs.

fuck off , i dont do drugs and i am fuck entitled to a damn opinion

halloweenfreak1
09-10-2006, 06:44 PM
fuck off , i dont do drugs and i am fuck entitled to a damn opinion

that stuff is totally uncalled for MichaelMyers63. there is no reason to loose your temper like that. you need to calm down. i was only joking. have a sense of humor.

MichaelMyers63
09-10-2006, 06:48 PM
that stuff is totally uncalled for MichaelMyers63. there is no reason to loose your temper like that. you need to calm down. i was only joking. have a sense of humor.

fuck that shit. im tired of this. When i voice an my visions i get put down and when i voice my opinion i get fucking told that i take drugs. pure and utter bullshit.

halloweenfreak1
09-10-2006, 06:57 PM
fuck that shit. im tired of this. When i voice an my visions i get put down and when i voice my opinion i get fucking told that i take drugs. pure and utter bullshit.

what ever dude , you need to work out the issues you have and then come to our forums and "voice your visions" i mean not every one is going to agree with you. you cant just say someone suck because their opinion is different form yours.

MichaelMyers63
09-10-2006, 07:07 PM
what ever dude , you need to work out the issues you have and then come to our forums and "voice your visions" i mean not every one is going to agree with you. you cant just say someone suck because their opinion is different form yours.

fuck you!!! dont talk to me about my issues. you have no idea who you are talking to. you people put down my remake theory, you put down my story, and now you say i have issues.

jq14
09-11-2006, 09:52 AM
fuck you!!! dont talk to me about my issues. you have no idea who you are talking to. you people put down my remake theory, you put down my story, and now you say i have issues.

MOMMA make them stop MOMMA....they are talking bad about me make them stop MOMMA!!!!! Chill out dude. Your name wouldn't happen to be Anthony Perkins would it?? DO you run a motel on the side of the road???:mad:

zwoti
09-11-2006, 11:14 AM

enough

Zero
09-11-2006, 11:43 AM
z - you are so totally unfun. . . i was enjoying watching two people with the same avatar fight it out - like watching someone punch themselves in the face

:(

halloweenfreak1
09-11-2006, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Zero
z - you are so totally unfun. . . i was enjoying watching two people with the same avatar fight it out - like watching someone punch themselves in the face

:(

that guy disgraces the Michael Myers avtar. what the hell crawled up his ass?

Zero
09-11-2006, 05:35 PM

OOO - OOO - MM63 you gonna let him talk about you like that???? OOO - OOOO - you better show him whose boss!!!

Posher778
09-11-2006, 07:17 PM

duhhhh You?

roshiq
09-11-2006, 11:07 PM
.............let's c it first..........

SKOOFx
09-12-2006, 01:23 PM
I have faith.

If it HAD to be redone.

Lets just be happy it was given to someone that gives us a LITTLE BIT OF HOPE.

RZ is a true horror fan, he knows what is at stake here.

Also, i saw him in concert last week. and John5(the guitarist) played the theme from halloween while Mike Myers came out on stage with a knife.

The mask then got ripped off, and it was rob under it.

Needless to say, they rocked hard and the crowd LOVED it.

lovecraft
09-12-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by SKOOFx
I have faith.

If it HAD to be redone.

Lets just be happy it was given to someone that gives us a LITTLE BIT OF HOPE.

RZ is a true horror fan, he knows what is at stake here.

Also, i saw him in concert last week. and John5(the guitarist) played the theme from halloween while Mike Myers came out on stage with a knife.

The mask then got ripped off, and it was rob under it.

Needless to say, they rocked hard and the crowd LOVED it.

Man I wish I could have been there for that!!

joshaube
09-12-2006, 03:07 PM
Personally, I feel that Rob will be able to craft something really unique with this "re-imagining".

Fans of the old Halloween will be able to appreciate it. I don't think it will be considered just a "remake", as he wants to put his own spin and story on it, simply using the Halloween mythology. Or that's what I got out of it. It'll be very different, and hopefully because of this Halloween fans (everyone) won't bash it. It's a tribute, I'd say... like HotC was a tribute to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

If he does a real grimm, dark, shadowy setting... with blue and green and red hues... and focuses visually on the contrast with that of Michael Myers, giving him a real badass, yet still silent, presence... I can see this beind good. Use the original scores, only jazz them up. Re-orchastrated all of them, make them more complex and appealing to our ears. But still recognizable as the same music. What The Omen should have done.

Zero
09-12-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by joshaube
Personally, I feel that Rob will be able to craft something really unique with this "re-imagining".

Fans of the old Halloween will be able to appreciate it. I don't think it will be considered just a "remake", as he wants to put his own spin and story on it, simply using the Halloween mythology. Or that's what I got out of it. It'll be very different, and hopefully because of this Halloween fans (everyone) won't bash it. It's a tribute, I'd say... like HotC was a tribute to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

If he does a real grimm, dark, shadowy setting... with blue and green and red hues... and focuses visually on the contrast with that of Michael Myers, giving him a real badass, yet still silent, presence... I can see this beind good. Use the original scores, only jazz them up. Re-orchastrated all of them, make them more complex and appealing to our ears. But still recognizable as the same music. What The Omen should have done.

the insider rumor i heard was he wants to 'play it straight' - as a real serial killer obsessed with babysitters . . .we'll see

halloweenfreak1
09-12-2006, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Zero
the insider rumor i heard was he wants to 'play it straight' - as a real serial killer obsessed with babysitters . . .we'll see

I'm not so sure of it. i mean i am the biggest halloween fan i personally know. i guess im just worried that if the movie does bomb that it will kill the original which in my opinion is the greatest horror movie ever. I just don want him to fuck it up and get halloween off to a bad start with the new generation.

Burning in Hell
09-13-2006, 07:46 AM
I am a bit weary about this I must say. If Zombie sticks to the style of his first two movies, this clearly will not work. Let's just hope he will be able to "tone down" a bit...

AUSTIN316426808
09-13-2006, 01:26 PM
Peter Jackson made Braindead and Bad Taste then ended up doing Lord of the Rings and King Kong. Once a guy does a certain type of film it doesn't mean he's restricted to said style.

SKOOFx
09-14-2006, 08:13 AM
The guy who did identity, also did one of my FAV-stupid movies of all time:

JACK FROST 2 - ATTACK OF THE MUTANT KILLER SNOWMAN

Disease
09-14-2006, 09:39 AM
If Rob Zombie goes through with this remake he should be shot in the head slow mo style (aka 1000 corpses)!!!!!

Leave it alone, the lagacy has already been fucked over to many times.

hitman3005
09-14-2006, 11:05 AM
I just don't know how to feel.:( I mean, so many have screwed up my beloved Mr. Myers that i don't know if I can take it again. But, I guess i'll have to give Rob a chance and see it when it comes out.

AUSTIN316426808
09-14-2006, 02:36 PM
The ''destroying the legacy'' thing doesn't register with me, I thought 1-6 were all good movies. H20 wasn't that good but fun and enjoyable, Resurrection was completely cheesy and a good laugh.

DrenTheLiar
09-14-2006, 06:51 PM
i think the remake will be realyl good but in its own way.just liek the texas chainsaw was awesoem but in its own way...it was different but also similar....ya gotta give remakes a chance...plus ive read the interview with rob it seems lieks he gonna try and keep true to the carpenter original..

chatter_box
09-16-2006, 04:44 PM
:eek: I didn't even know this was going to happen... Well I'm looking forward to this! :cool: I think it will be great! Does anyone know when this is being released? :confused:

halloweenfreak1
09-17-2006, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by chatter_box
:eek: I didn't even know this was going to happen... Well I'm looking forward to this! :cool: I think it will be great! Does anyone know when this is being released? :confused: \

October 2007

halloweenfreak1
09-17-2006, 06:40 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by halloweenfreak1
[B]\

i will definatly go and see it. and if i dont like it ill just stick to watching the originals.

makemebad
09-17-2006, 07:30 PM
I will be there opening day.... though it's a fucking year away

I can not wait for it

and he fucked with the music track a little bit but to much.... it has a darker sound to it which owns

psycho_butthead
09-20-2006, 05:30 PM
I think it will crash and burn, but because its Zombie I will see it regardless of what I think will happen.

DrenTheLiar
09-22-2006, 12:45 PM
liek I said b4 it will probabyl be awesoem but of course its nto going to be very much liek the original....no remake ever really is....remakes are usually good but not liek the originals they are basically awesoem in their own special way

the_real_linda
09-22-2006, 12:53 PM
this prequel has got to be great....his other films are and his music is......i know im setting myself for a fall but robs amazing and halloween is one of my fav films so he cant go messing it up

Burning in Hell
10-03-2006, 06:04 AM
I heard a rumour saying that Sid Haig would play Dr. Loomis. Anybody else heard this?

halloweenrules
10-03-2006, 08:29 AM
I think we should give him a chance to prove himself as a director to one of the greatest horror movies of our time. however i do think it\\\'s bullshit that he\\\'s in charge of the movie. i think that you guys are right with the whole blood and guts vs. suspense and real terror. but every good horror movie has to have some blood and gore, but not grotesque. i think something that should be added is a freaky ass little kid that no one knows about till the end of the movie and it turns out to be Stephen Lyod( jamie\\\'s son from Halloween: the curse of Michael Myers)

i heard it was supposed to come out on Michael\\\'s B-day next year
which is oct. 19
oh and i don\'t they should remake it i think they should elaborate on what we don\'t know, like what happpened to John Strode ( lauries son)

the_real_linda
10-03-2006, 09:14 AM
i think halloweenrules likes josh hartnett....perhaps if robs prequel is successful then he can do a follow up from h2o

makemebad
10-04-2006, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Burning in Hell
I heard a rumour saying that Sid Haig would play Dr. Loomis. Anybody else heard this?

I haven't but his character does look similar

Geddy
10-05-2006, 03:49 AM
I read on IMDB that they were going to make a prequel to Halloween and it would have been about him in the asylum.That might have been cool.

spookpro34
10-12-2006, 12:10 PM
Anyone make Halloween Fan films or know of any good ones?

atris3
10-17-2006, 05:31 PM

I can't agree more. Halloween basically defined the slasher film. Remaking it just seems wrong. While I'll watch it on DVD just to give it a fair shake, it will certainly never replace the original in my collection!

atris3
10-17-2006, 05:32 PM

I stand by my earlier concerns about this remake, but that would be a neat casting.

The_Return
10-17-2006, 05:58 PM
I can't agree more. Halloween basically defined the slasher film. Remaking it just seems wrong. While I'll watch it on DVD just to give it a fair shake, it will certainly never replace the original in my collection!

Replace? Never.

Im still hoping that it will be a worthy flick to take it's place beside the original on my shelf.

alkytrio666
10-17-2006, 06:57 PM
That would be horrible.

The_Return
10-17-2006, 07:03 PM
That would be horrible.

Keep an open mind.

Thats my theory for approaching this remake...Would Sid Haig be able to give a performance as good as Donald Pleasence? Not a chance.

Would he be able to put a totally different twist on the character? Personally, I think so.

I really hope Zombie decides to take this in some radically new direction...there is no way in Hell that he can re-create the original, so Im hoping to see something new and different. As horrible as it could turn out, Im holding onto faith in ol' Rob.

alkytrio666
10-17-2006, 07:40 PM
I really hope Zombie decides to take this in some radically new direction...there is no way in Hell that he can re-create the original, so Im hoping to see something new and different.

Sow hy remake it at all, if he's striving for something new and different? :confused:

hypnocil addict
10-17-2006, 09:27 PM
i really just hope he doesnt make it to gorey (i love gore, but thats never what made these Halloween films scary), and i swear if i see some blonde bimbo screaming "tuti fuckin fruity" at michael, im leaving. ahah.:cool:

phantomstranger
10-17-2006, 11:42 PM
Personally, I'm just sick and tired of all the damn remakes. The reason these films are remembered is because they were ORIGINAL! Maybe it's time for Hollywood to get off it's lazy ass and start making something that is unique and different, like say.. a brand new idea, Not just a tired retread of something we have all seen before.

the_real_linda
10-18-2006, 06:41 PM
phantom has a way more than valid point....its what ive been thinking for ages......get some originality..........im not saying htere isnt original stuff out there just too much emphasis on remakes

The Dark Shape
10-18-2006, 07:14 PM
You guys should read the Rob Zombie interview. He says it's more of a re-imaging than a remake.

John Carpentar's Halloween theme remains, but it's a little different. Same score though.

I'm really excited as Rob said that the script is nearing completion and they are currently looking at different places to shoot now.

The theatrical release is planned for October 2007.

Prelude95Si
10-18-2006, 07:22 PM
I'm a big fan of the original vision of Halloween. However, I am curious to see Rob's take on this movie. I mean I see Rob as being a really violent movie maker, so I think it will be interesting to see how me imagines a movie that was mostly driven on suspense rather than numerous amounts of gore.

AmericanManiac
10-19-2006, 12:29 PM
Personally, I'm just sick and tired of all the damn remakes. The reason these films are remembered is because they were ORIGINAL! Maybe it's time for Hollywood to get off it's lazy ass and start making something that is unique and different, like say.. a brand new idea, Not just a tired retread of something we have all seen before.

Well if "Hollywood" is going to get into Horror we are going to get shitty films like "The Curse" Wes Cravens older shit Last house, Nightmare, Hills have eyes were good because He wasn't mainstream yet, he did what he loved. If you stay true to yourself and your fans and not worrying about what some guy in a suit sitting at a desk has to say, your going to put out good work. Its when you have to get approval from these "hollywood" Producers of what your going to do. When you produce your own film or have friends that produce it, it's going to extremely kick ass. Zombie has Carpenters Approval on this remake and I don't think zombie's going to let Mr. Carpenter, Halloween fans, or any of zombie's fans down on this film, as someone said before he knows what is at stake here and being a true horror fan himself this film will be a great film.

Does anyone know what company it's going to be release under ? I think Lions Gate Films are the best for Horror movie's they have more "balls" to show new and different shit.

Doc Faustus
10-19-2006, 08:31 PM
If Zombie reimagines Halloween, it's not like it will be in the hands of some suit who doesn't have any interest in or respect for the genre. Rob Zombie is as big a horror fanatic as most anyone on this forum, and is an interesting director who will be smart enough to show the necessary restraint to get into the spirit of Halloween. Halloween is a subtle slasher flick and I think Zombie can tell that's part of the appeal. He was able to carnivalize the atmosphere of Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Eaten Alive and other slasher classics, adding a sense of fun and a metafictional edge that a lot of movies don't have. He knows why we go to horror movies and it stands to reason, knows why people love Halloween. I think we should let him prove how much passion he has for the horror genre, if he hasn't already. And in regard to Lion's Gate, they've come up with a lot of hip, original horror, but Lion's Gate horror is still something of a gamble. Lion's Gate is pretty much run by a big rubber stamp. It's good to give struggling filmmakers opportunities, but I think they still need work when it comes to separating the wheat from the chaff. That said, I think back to a quote from some writer (I can't remember who) who was asked if he was disappointed that Hollywood ruined his books. In response he said, "They didn't. They're still right there on the shelves." The source material doesn't change when a remake gets made, nor does the attitude about the original. If Zombie does fail, there will be no end of nostalgia for the original. So, we need not worry about losing Carpenter's classic, or about it disappearing from American culture. Remakes are often offensive and stupid and a shame to the original, but the old material won't get any better or worse. I'm more worried about the Wicker Man remake, since the Wicker Man is a movie that not everybody in America has seen. In this case, curiosity over the original might not be excited.

AmericanManiac
10-20-2006, 01:17 PM
I think we should let him prove how much passion he has for the horror genre, if he hasn't already.

That's what I was trying to say ! :D

makemebad
10-20-2006, 03:50 PM
You guys should read the Rob Zombie interview. He says it's more of a re-imaging than a remake.

John Carpentar's Halloween theme remains, but it's a little different. Same score though.

I'm really excited as Rob said that the script is nearing completion and they are currently looking at different places to shoot now.

The theatrical release is planned for October 2007.

you mean 2008?

Ginger<3
10-20-2006, 06:28 PM
i think it's a movie that shouldn't be messed with but i'm dead set against remakes of movies that have sequels ..... so i wasted hours and hours of my time watching things for them to be redone or retold or some other crap. just freaking leave things alone already!! we didn't need another batman, we didn't need another superman we don't need another halloween!!!

The_Return
10-20-2006, 06:40 PM
we didn't need another batman, we didn't need another superman

THEY ARENT FUCKING REMAKES!!

sorry...pet peeve of mine

Prelude95Si
10-20-2006, 07:08 PM
i we didn't need another batman, we didn't need another superman

These are comic book movies, anything goes with these. Also The_Return said these are not remakes, Batman Begins was a restart b/c the series had gotten so fucked-up after Batman Forever. Superman Returns takes place after Superman II so this is a sequal/restart.

Better conperisons would be The Fog, The Grudge, The Hills Have Eyes, The Amityville Horror, you know actual remakes.

Ginger<3
10-21-2006, 05:48 AM
call it a remake, retelling or a restart it still annoys me. prequel or sequel fine but geez these people need to leave things the way they were and have original ideas. why remake the whole series just because the last few movies sucked? that doesn't make the first ones bad. call them mistakes and move on, don't redo it all.

Prelude95Si
10-21-2006, 10:58 AM
call it a remake, retelling or a restart it still annoys me. prequel or sequel fine but geez these people need to leave things the way they were and have original ideas. why remake the whole series just because the last few movies sucked? that doesn't make the first ones bad. call them mistakes and move on, don't redo it all.

So how do you feel about movies based on novels or short stories?

Ginger<3
10-21-2006, 11:43 AM
So how do you feel about movies based on novels or short stories?

that's different, maybe cause it's an entirely different form. and i'm not against all remakes anyway but for some reason remakes/retelling etc of a series annoys me. the idea of "we F'ed up so let's trash it all and start over" is annoying. admit you made a crappy movie and move on or leave it alone completely. and if the movie is good like in the case of halloween why in god's name would you want to mess with it? in my opinion it could never be as good as the original no matter what.

Prelude95Si
10-21-2006, 02:08 PM
I see your point. For example I felt the same way about the DVD version of Star Wars, Lucus fucked that up royaly. Those were 3 classic movies that didn't need to be changed to fit the prequals better.

Ginger<3
10-21-2006, 02:30 PM
I see your point. For example I felt the same way about the DVD version of Star Wars, Lucus fucked that up royaly. Those were 3 classic movies that didn't need to be changed to fit the prequals better.

i agree 100%. the new additions to the originals stunk.