PDA

View Full Version : Class of 2006

The Flayed One
09-04-2006, 08:27 AM
It might be too early for this, but I'm curious.

Zero started a thread in the noob section wondering just how many people actually stay. I counted and came up with what I thought was a decent estimate at approximately 3% of those who made introduction threads.

Now, I know there are people who never bother to make introduction threads that stick around. That's fine, I really don't think that many members check out the forum that often anyway. I'm also well aware that there are TONS of accounts made that last for a few posts, mostly spammers & quick "Help me find this movie" types.

So, I want the true class of 2006 so far to sound off here. There are a few of us who are well over 1000 posts by now. I'd just like and estimate of who all signed up this year and are sticking around for the long run.

Of course, I don't plan on going anywhere.

Miss Olivia
09-04-2006, 09:38 AM
I signed up in May, and I'm not going anywhere.:)

heebiejeebies
09-04-2006, 12:24 PM
As you can see I joined in June. I thought I was doing pretty good with my number of posts, but gee whiz!!!! You guys are beating the pants off me.

I intend to be around for a long time; I've really come to enjoy HDC and most of its posters. I'm so glad I stumbled onto this little gem and look forward to many more years of enjoyment.

The Flayed One
09-04-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by trippin_the_rif
Does that include or exclude those that have been banned several times and are just REAL hard to get rid of?

Well, I was mainly going for first timers, but hey, whatever floats the old boat. I'm really just curious as to how many people actually stay around and what the ratio is. We've mentioned it before, but if you look at the #of members the board SAYS we have next to the number that we could estimate actually post, the difference is astouning.

Or mainly, I'm just curious if we think the number of people who join & stay will decline as the years go on.

bloodrayne
09-04-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by The Flayed One
Well, I was mainly going for first timers, but hey, whatever floats the old boat. I'm really just curious as to how many people actually stay around and what the ratio is. We've mentioned it before, but if you look at the #of members the board SAYS we have next to the number that we could estimate actually post, the difference is astouning.

Or mainly, I'm just curious if we think the number of people who join & stay will decline as the years go on. MOST of the people included in our huge memberlist, never had any intention of 'joining' in the first place...They just signed up because they HAD to, in order to do searches or view pictures...Sooo, it isn't like they tried the place, didn't like it, and left...Also, about 300 people joined up one day just to leave a quick (mostly nasty) comment about a situation that involved a member of the forum at that time...Those people don't count either, as they had no intention of becoming members

Know what I mean?

I'd say your ratio of 'who sticks around' and 'who doesn't' will be greatly skewed by those facts

horrorobsessed
09-04-2006, 12:59 PM
i've been here since May of this year.

and yes, i did post an introduction thread.

and i don't plan on going anywhere.

stygianwitch
09-04-2006, 01:25 PM
I joined in July and i'm not going anywhere either, i love it here, i have so much fun reading all the posts

I did browse a few different horror forums before i signed up for this one, the others were so boring, more like dating sites than forums, yuk

so yeah, i'm here for the duration, not going anywhere, gonna stick like glue.... besides, where else would i see so many monkey pictures????? :D

monalisa
09-04-2006, 01:35 PM
I joined in February, and you guys are stuck with me, I'm not planning on leaving. :D

The Flayed One
09-04-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
MOST of the people included in our huge memberlist, never had any intention of 'joining' in the first place...They just signed up because they HAD to, in order to do searches or view pictures...Sooo, it isn't like they tried the place, didn't like it, and left...Also, about 300 people joined up one day just to leave a quick (mostly nasty) comment about a situation that involved a member of the forum at that time...Those people don't count either, as they had no intention of becoming members

Know what I mean?

I'd say your ratio of 'who sticks around' and 'who doesn't' will be greatly skewed by those facts

Actually, I was meaning to suggest this as the next HDC project. However, I'm new and unknowledgable about most of the stuff. I would be, however, willing to edit & compile a list of worthy events about HDC history that could be stickied. I've learned about several things, but I think a timeline might be a good thing. History is there, whether we love it or not, so lest we forget, what do you think?

Zero
09-04-2006, 01:54 PM
in terms of BR's point about how people are forced to sign-up to search, etc. . . . why?

i mean it ends up with tons of people signing up and then never actually posting . . . why not just let guests search and see pictures? (i know this isn't BR's decision, just curious about the underlying logic)

as for those who stay - DAMN I didn't realize Miss Olivia has only been here for a few months and already has over 2000 posts. . . holy god in heaven. . . she is the new queen of HDC

as for me, i never intended to stay around in teh first place - so there! ha! So, HA TO YOU ALL!

HA *ahem* Yep, Ha - joke's on you. . . yep. . . ha . . .*ahem* . . .anyway

The_Return
09-04-2006, 02:01 PM
Actually, I was meaning to suggest this as the next HDC project. However, I'm new and unknowledgable about most of the stuff. I would be, however, willing to edit & compile a list of worthy events about HDC history that could be stickied. I've learned about several things, but I think a timeline might be a good thing. History is there, whether we love it or not, so lest we forget, what do you think?

Sounds like an awesome idea! (Has crossed my mind as well, actually:))

punk666
09-04-2006, 02:11 PM
i joined last month n im glad i did coz i like it here :D so im sticking around :p

Zero
09-04-2006, 02:13 PM

bah there is only one date that counts- the day Zero joined and brought light and hope to this otherwise dark and pathetic forum!

(oh and when thomasgeorge came up with his 1000th unplayable game)

XtRaVa
09-04-2006, 02:21 PM
I'm still here. Plan to read and post at least once a week if not once a day for forseeable future :)

bloodrayne
09-04-2006, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Zero
in terms of BR's point about how people are forced to sign-up to search, etc. . . . why?When you build a website and add a forum there are options for the administrator to choose...Some options have to be turned ON, and some are automatic and have to be turned OFF...Just like the options YOU choose for your profile, and other things here...Horror wasn't really 'into' the whole 'forum building' thing, he didn't add it until YEARS after he built this website....

My guess would be that many of the things here that don't seem to make sense were just overlooked 'options' that were never turned off or turned on....Such as: We can't delete pictures from our galleries, option to delete pictures in galleries, not turned on.....We can't delete our posts even though when we edit, it gives us the option to, another option 'not turned on'.....And why can our signatures be FOREVER long, and we can post an UNLIMITED amount of pictures, yet our avatars are tiny and we can't put pictures in our signatures, when obviously bandwidth is NOT an issue here?...We can't even delete old accounts that are taking up space for no good reason...I'd say the option to view and search without signing up, was simply not turned on, too

Hell, he didn't even bother to change the color scheme...Just went with the standard vBulletin format....

You have to keep in mind that this forum is more important to US than it is to him...He's more concerned with the actual 'site'....The forum was just basically created to give the members something to do..

I hope some of that made sense...

ItsAlive75
09-04-2006, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Zero
bah there is only one date that counts- the day Zero joined and brought light and hope to this otherwise dark and pathetic forum!

(oh and when thomasgeorge came up with his 1000th unplayable game)

Ooh, unnecessary potshot at thomasgeorge!

VampiricClown
09-04-2006, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75

FOUL!!! He gets a free potshot back!

1beastieibe
09-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Class of 2004:D I know I don't have a massive amount of posts, but I pretty much come here everday and read all the shit you guys write cause it makes me smile:p

Roderick Usher
09-05-2006, 09:11 AM
less than a month in and closing in on 500 posts:D

slasherman
09-05-2006, 09:41 AM
..I'm to old for this shit...;) ..and I did get enough attention when I was the winner of HDC most important member award...

stygianwitch
09-05-2006, 10:10 AM
When you build a website and add a forum there are options for the administrator to choose...Some options have to be turned ON, and some are automatic and have to be turned OFF...Just like the options YOU choose for your profile, and other things here...Horror wasn't really 'into' the whole 'forum building' thing, he didn't add it until YEARS after he built this website....

My guess would be that many of the things here that don't seem to make sense were just overlooked 'options' that were never turned off or turned on....Such as: We can't delete pictures from our galleries, option to delete pictures in galleries, not turned on.....We can't delete our posts even though when we edit, it gives us the option to, another option 'not turned on'.....And why can our signatures be FOREVER long, and we can post an UNLIMITED amount of pictures, yet our avatars are tiny and we can't put pictures in our signatures, when obviously bandwith is NOT an issue here?...We can't even delete old accounts that are taking up space for no good reason...I'd say the option to view and search without signing up, was simply not turned on, too

Hell, he didn't even bother to change the color scheme...Just went with the standard vBulletin format....

You have to keep in mind that this forum is more important to US than it is to him...He's more concerned with the actual 'site'....The forum was just basically created to give the members something to do..

I hope some of that made sense...
Which is fine as far as it goes, but if Horror has very little interest in the forums why doesn't he 'promote' the two senior mods ( by that i mean Bloodrayne & Zwoti) and give you the administrator priveldges that will allow you to make these kinds of changes, it happens in other forums so why not this one....unless of course neither of you would want the job in which case the point is moot

zwoti
09-05-2006, 10:13 AM

you can't stop moaning about the colours can you :p

The Flayed One
09-05-2006, 10:13 AM
I just thought I'd take this time to tell you, stygian, that the first several times I read your name I was sure it said stygianbitch;)

stygianwitch
09-05-2006, 10:14 AM
I just thought I'd take this time to tell you, stygian, that the first several times I read your name I was sure it said stygianbitch;)

LOL....i can be :D

bloodrayne
09-05-2006, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by stygianwitch
Which is fine as far as it goes, but if Horror has very little interest in the forums why doesn't he 'promote' the two senior mods ( by that i mean Bloodrayne & Zwoti) and give you the administrator priveldges that will allow you to make these kinds of changes, it happens in other forums so why not this one....unless of course neither of you would want the job in which case the point is moot Honestly, I don't think he would even consider that...I'm sure he would see it as 'unnecessary'...

Of course if I had administrative power...The color scheme would be the first thing to change...This gray and white shit is too damned bright...Especially in the middle of the night when there are no other lights in the house, except for the garish, bright, luminescence almost painfully emanating from this screen...

bloodrayne
09-05-2006, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by zwoti
you can't stop moaning about the colours can you :p NO!!! :p

And Horror obviously overlooked it when I mentioned it to HIM...

This is funny though...Because I didn't read it until AFTER I made that last post...lol

stygianwitch
09-05-2006, 10:27 AM
Honestly, I don't think he would even consider that...I'm sure he would see it as 'unnecessary'...

Of course if I had administrative power...The color scheme would be the first thing to change...This gray and white shit is too damned bright...Especially in the middle of the night when there are no other lights in the house, except for the garish, bright, luminescence almost painfully emanating from this screen...
so long as you don't make it black with that vile yellow lettering, i hate that, it gives me a headache :D

i actually like the colour and format here... *ducks and runs for cover*

Zero
09-05-2006, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75

fah! i take potshots at whom i wish!

bloodrayne
09-05-2006, 10:45 AM
so long as you don't make it black with that vile yellow lettering, i hate that, it gives me a headache :D

i actually like the colour and format here... *ducks and runs for cover* HaHa...Anyone here who knows me, knows EXACTLY what colors I'd use

BTW...I HATE yellow....*gag*

stygianwitch
09-05-2006, 10:51 AM
HaHa...Anyone here who knows me, knows EXACTLY what colors I'd use

BTW...I HATE yellow....*gag*

:D :D :D

i've only been here since July... enlighten me pleeeease :D

The Flayed One
09-05-2006, 10:54 AM
:D :D :D

i've only been here since July... enlighten me pleeeease :D

Mauve

stygianwitch
09-05-2006, 10:57 AM
Mauve

Love purple, LOL... give her admin rights quick :D

bloodrayne
09-05-2006, 11:03 AM

i've only been here since July... enlighten me pleeeease :D Hmm...Well...This is the color scheme on my computer:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/BloodRayne/image1.jpg

And here is the color scheme on my MySpace page:

http://www.myspace.com/142249204

:)

The Flayed One
09-05-2006, 11:06 AM
So it was Mauve, right?

bloodrayne
09-05-2006, 11:06 AM
Mauve Haha...I don't think so Originally posted by stygianwitch
Love purple, LOL... give her admin rights quick :D You have been mislead :D

stygianwitch
09-05-2006, 11:13 AM
Haha...I don't think so You have been mislead :D
checked out your myspace page....now i like the red....but not for background and font... i can't read it:eek:

do like that shade of red tho, so yeah..... give her admin rights quick :D

The Flayed One
09-05-2006, 11:19 AM
BTW, Rayne, that was the first time I ever checked out your profile. That song kicks ass!

bloodrayne
09-05-2006, 11:31 AM
checked out your myspace page....now i like the red....but not for background and font... i can't read it:eek:

do like that shade of red tho, so yeah..... give her admin rights quick :D Yeah, that couldn't be helped (the red on red, just because of the picture)...BUT, if you highlight the words, they can be read :)...Click on my blogs, then you'll see how I would do it here...Just the dark red on black :cool: Originally posted by The Flayed One
BTW, Rayne, that was the first time I ever checked out your profile. That song kicks ass! HaHa...It's from Dead And Breakfast :)

stygianwitch
09-06-2006, 02:00 PM
Click on my blogs
just checked this out tonight, that poem is beautiful :cool:

still hurts my eyes tho :D

ENTITY2000
09-06-2006, 09:22 PM
i'm class of "05"

babygurl20 is the one who told me about this site!

The Flayed One
02-04-2007, 10:27 AM
So, it's time to update this. This month both Mona and I turn 1 year old. Who are the honest members of the class of '06?

Flayed
Roderick
Olivia
Mona
omcdave (unfortunately:p)

I know I wish Yeti & tarcher would have stuck around. We've also lost several members in '06, including the two I usually bitch about the most: mothermold & YJ. At least I know YJ is still alive though. Anyone know anything about mothermold? He just get sick of us or what?

Roderick Usher
02-04-2007, 08:19 PM
I'm just hitting six months now (and over 3000 posts.)

I've never been a part of any online community before this one. Honestly. I thought I'd worm my way in so that I could spam without retribution, but I'm hooked.

I really dig popping in and out of the forums and discussing/arguing/spamming here and there. I still feel like a dork for doing it, but that's my own hangup. Thanks to everyone who puts up with my pompous bullshit.:D

Disease
02-04-2007, 08:41 PM
Well I guess i'm part of the 06 class, I didn't realy expect to spend as much time here as what I do, but I like it here. I don't realy bother with any other forums, a sports one and tha's about it.

pinkerton
02-04-2007, 08:56 PM
I flunked.

Disease
02-04-2007, 09:17 PM
So your repeating it again this year?

halloweenfreak1
02-04-2007, 09:21 PM
dont know when i started but i sure aint quitin

Disease
02-04-2007, 09:49 PM
It says in your post that you started in Aug 2006!

pinkerton
02-04-2007, 10:14 PM
^^^^^^You should flunk, omcdave.

Disease
02-04-2007, 10:15 PM
What do you want me to bring? chips?

pinkerton
02-04-2007, 10:17 PM
And dip.....

Disease
02-04-2007, 10:27 PM
screw that , I'm not bringing everything!

Disease
02-04-2007, 10:38 PM
Yeah, you should bring your wife.

Disease
02-04-2007, 10:59 PM
and her cousins etc where are we going first?

pinkerton
02-04-2007, 11:03 PM
well my wifes sisters place she has great partys and lots of beer and women...there all korean and there great looking women !

Do they give Happy Endings?

Disease
02-04-2007, 11:04 PM
Ok, give her a call now, i'll put on some pants, maybe.

pinkerton
02-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Ok, give her a call now, i'll put on some pants, maybe.

Don't worry, if the sisters leave omcdave will fill in.

Disease
02-04-2007, 11:09 PM
What are you saying? Arn't you comeing?

pinkerton
02-04-2007, 11:12 PM
*insert renob joke here*

Disease
02-04-2007, 11:29 PM
your band? who's su mee? is that a joke name?

pinkerton
02-04-2007, 11:32 PM
I was kicked out of kindergarten.

pinkerton
02-04-2007, 11:34 PM
I am hot.Very hot.

pinkerton
02-04-2007, 11:36 PM
I am hot like a dog turd on a cold winter morning.Steamy.

pinkerton
02-04-2007, 11:37 PM
omcdave, can you feel the love?

pinkerton
02-04-2007, 11:40 PM
yes i can pink get your hand off my ass!

But the midget lost his watch......

pinkerton
02-04-2007, 11:42 PM
Are you more clever than you let on?

pinkerton
02-04-2007, 11:45 PM
I love mangos.

Disease
02-04-2007, 11:49 PM
but are you sayeing you have a band?

pinkerton
02-04-2007, 11:51 PM
Yes, I have a band.ocmdave plays skin flute.

pinkerton
02-04-2007, 11:54 PM
soul less one my wifes bro and i are both in it .

You may want to cut that down a bit.Its hard to remember.

pinkerton
02-04-2007, 11:56 PM
soulless one!!!

What language is that?What does it mean?

pinkerton
02-05-2007, 12:04 AM
That was weak.

pinkerton
02-05-2007, 12:07 AM
I were for trying a shoulder look bit has a priblom.

pinkerton
02-05-2007, 12:15 AM
iM nott gettiN whatT youins iS a sayiN there buDDy .

Is that not the point everyone tries to make about your posts?

Jacob Singer
02-05-2007, 02:52 AM
Been here just since 2005 and I've got no plans for leave this pleace sooner. I still have fun with some posts and some members. The last month I been quite peacefull without starting discursions or fights with/against other membes.

Peace

Love

Bullshit

Disease
02-05-2007, 04:20 AM
You i've herd that one before.

crabapple
02-05-2007, 04:45 AM
I too am mainly here for the great monkey pictures!

they are funny monkeys that he post

Gus
02-05-2007, 04:49 AM
i used to post here years back untill my comp was repossesed

Disease
02-05-2007, 04:54 AM
So who were you then?

Burning in Hell
02-05-2007, 07:13 AM
I've been a member since august. I come often, but only shorts bit at a time since I don't have that much time on my hands. I post on a small but regular basis, and I try to avoid irrelevant posts like the ones filling up the five pages before that one...

Don't plan to leave either!

stubbornforgey
02-05-2007, 07:17 AM
I leave..i come back..i leave i comeback..
like a fucken yoyo'..
but most of the time em gone becos i forgot my damn password
(i keep forgetting case sensitive)
or some drama stuff happening in my life.
Other than that..this is the longest forum i have been a member of.

and me too..i love them monkey pics..
makes me want to adopt one. :o

Thomasgeorge
02-06-2007, 06:57 AM
I started in 2005 and im not going anywhere

Roderick Usher
02-06-2007, 07:24 AM
I started in 2005 and im not going anywhere

One can still hope

Thomasgeorge
02-06-2007, 07:53 AM
shutup roderick

X¤MurderDoll¤X
02-06-2007, 07:55 AM
shutup roderick

I really don't care if you post here, you're kind of not on the radar.

Despare
02-06-2007, 09:01 AM
George has about 1,000 ideas for games or "events" and probably 3 - 5 which are decent. Out of those I don't think I've seen one come to fruition. Where's the talk show? ;)

Anyway, I started in 2005 too, but toward the very end.