PDA

View Full Version : Mornings

Vodstok
09-01-2006, 06:58 AM
I hate mornings. the only good thing about them is that on work days, its the only time i am garunteed to see Lily. other than that....

today, i got up on time. which is good. then i had to tak eout the trash, make coffee, fill the baby's bottles and get my work outfit together (Well, Bree sets them up, but i have to put them on...)

today, i forgot to brush my teeth, and i am wearing white socks with black shoes.... i have a 1.5 hour commute each way, and i have to possibly leave late today. then it is home to paint the bathroom. and possibly use liquid nails to put up baseboard.

Oh, and I just caught whiff. I forgot deoderant too.
Godamnit....

punk666
09-01-2006, 07:06 AM
awwwww white socks with black shoes is bad lol

Vodstok
09-01-2006, 07:12 AM
the fashion police will rodney king my ass if they catch me....

Oooo.. maybe i'll get a surprise party from those delightful "what not to wear" folks.

punk666
09-01-2006, 07:21 AM
nooooooo then its 2 late 2 save u :eek:

Roderick Usher
09-01-2006, 08:01 AM
Sorry yours sucks so bad, but I LOVE mornings.

I try to get a little action with the wife in the shower - works 2-3 time a week!

Then I make breakfast for the wife and kids, pack lunches for The wife & eldest. We walk to school and then the Wife heads to work.

then I brew a pot of coffee and write. By 2 pm I'm spent.

Vodstok
09-01-2006, 08:06 AM
I would also love mornings if thats how they went. the hour and a half commute through rush-hour traffic is what kills me most. especially since my job is actually only 52 miles away from my house, it should be a hour, tops.

The Flayed One
09-01-2006, 08:12 AM
My alarm goes off a 5:30am. I have to be at work at 7am, so I usually hit the snooze button until 6:45. Then I get up, put my contacts in and jump in the shower while brushing my teeth at the same time. I throw on the first pair of jeans & tshirt that I can find, grab a hat, light a smoke & jump on my bike. live just about 10-15 blocks away from where I work. I usually stumble in bleary eyed, greet the owner & then down about 3 energy drinks that I have waiting in the fridge. Then I surf the internet until 9am. From 9-11, I usually bust my ass, then I go to lunch, come bakc and spend the rest of the day bitching about how I ate too much. Then at 3:30, I close up shop and go have beers with the owner.

newb
09-01-2006, 09:29 AM
Up at 7:15...have a piss then shower [i could save time by pissing in the shower but that wouldn't go over too well with the wifey], brush teeth, get dressed, go downstairs and grab a coffee, give the dogs a treat and tell them to be good [doesn't usually work], out the door by 7:30 ,25 min. drive to work and here I am.

Vodstok
09-01-2006, 10:14 AM
i miss being 10 minutes from work... that was great. run home for lunch.... get up 20 minutes before i have to be at work.

now its such a damn chore. I HAVE to have coffee or i cant function. i listen to opie and anthony because im to tired to sing along with music, so i found something more passively entertaining. i am slipping further down the gutter every day i listen to them.

Zero
09-01-2006, 12:54 PM
get up 6:40
start coffee
walk dog
scoop poop
feed dog
dispose of poop
have cup of coffee
shower (often while still drinking coffee)
bit of breakfast
poop
play with dog while watching mindless morning 'news' shows
get dog to do one last pee
crate dog
leave for work at 8:00
arrive at 8:30
go to sleep
wake at 11:30 and head home
let dog (now utterly psychotic) out of crate
mauled by dog whose pissed he's been in crate
saved by dog's imminent bladder need
take dog out for potty break and walk
scoop poop
feed dog lunch
crate dog
eat lunch while walking back to work
return at 1:00
sleep til 5
go home
release maniac pup
receive second daily mauling
bandage wounds while letting dog out for pee
take dog for longer walk
scoop poop
crack first beer
start my dinner
crack third beer
eat dinner
start second six-pack
watch mindless tv or old dvd
walk dog
scoop poop
more tv
stagger to bed around midnight
pray that dog doesn't poop on my pillow in middle of night

in the words of David Byrne, "How did I get here?"

Marroe
09-01-2006, 01:02 PM
I used to loathe mornings and I didn't even have to be at work til 8! Now I don't mind them. I guess it's easy now cos my boyfriend and I both have to be at work before the sun so we get up between 4 and 5 together. It's always easier to get up that early when someone else is yelling at you to turn the fucking alarm off :p