PDA

View Full Version : Wicker Man ****SPOILER****

Roderick Usher
08-31-2006, 08:11 AM
From AICN:

****SPOILER****

"The last two minutes of this film are the worst two minutes I have seen of any film this year, quite possibly this century. What LaBute does is absolutely, positively infuriating to anyone who has seen the original. He just bends it over and rapes it while screaming out, "Who's your daddy?!" Apparently, modernizing a film means adding an insulting semi-twist ending that nearly negates everything you've seen before it."

I'm very sad:(

urgeok
08-31-2006, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Roderick Usher
From AICN:

****SPOILER****

"The last two minutes of this film are the worst two minutes I have seen of any film this year, quite possibly this century. What LaBute does is absolutely, positively infuriating to anyone who has seen the original. He just bends it over and rapes it while screaming out, "Who's your daddy?!" Apparently, modernizing a film means adding an insulting semi-twist ending that nearly negates everything you've seen before it."

I'm very sad:(

he substituted rattan for wicker ?

THE BASTARD !!!

ItsAlive75
08-31-2006, 09:06 AM
Where's the spolier? I wanna be spoiled!

...there's a rape scene?:D

The_Return
08-31-2006, 09:31 AM
I think Im going to see the new one this weekend...looks like crap, but Im intrigured to see how they handle it.

Vodstok
08-31-2006, 10:28 AM
I didnt quite get why they were bothering to make a remake to a movie where the whole point was the twist at the end. At least Tim Burton had a creative new twist in Planet of the Apes.

I can imagine them trying to remake The usual Suspects in 10 years. Dave Kujon ends up being Kaiser Soze... or something retarded like that.

The STE
09-02-2006, 10:32 PM
the twist won't be Verbal Kent being Keyser Soze, but that Keyser Soze is Verbal Kent

Lala_Sound
09-03-2006, 01:07 AM
It was shite wasnt it?
I thought so too :)
I hate remakes

The_Return
09-04-2006, 12:56 PM
Agreed with "AICN", whatever that is...

*Spoilers*

I like how the didnt completly cop out and let Cage survive, and that part was easily the highlight of this otherwise horrible movie. The "6 Months Later" scene was, as ACIN said, "positively infuriating". Made NO scence at all. Drove the movie even farther into the mud then it already was.

Zero
09-04-2006, 05:41 PM
i'm waiting for the Wicker Monkey - that'll be really scary!

Sick_As_Fuck
09-04-2006, 09:10 PM
My mom said it was excellent :(

ItsAlive75
09-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Sick_As_Fuck
My mom said it was excellent :(

My mom says there's a lot of black people in Africa...

The STE
09-04-2006, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75
My mom says there's a lot of black people in Africa...

My mom says there's a lot of black people in your mom

Sick_As_Fuck
09-05-2006, 12:07 AM
Burn :eek:

Vodstok
09-05-2006, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by The STE
My mom says there's a lot of black people in your mom I just choked on a tater tot when i read that... :D :D

Roderick Usher
09-05-2006, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by The_Return
Agreed with "AICN", whatever that is...

It's "Ain't It Cool News" Harry Knowles' fanboy website that used to be very snarky and hip but has completely sold out to the studios as of late.

Despare
09-05-2006, 04:25 PM
I still don't understand how we're supposedly becoming desensitized to sex and violence and we're supposed to be really pushing the envelope but yet another rated R movie is remade to be PG13. Ok... I understand ($$$$$$) but I don't like it. I'm not even against remakes, just crappy ones.

Vodstok
09-06-2006, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by Despare
I still don't understand how we're supposedly becoming desensitized to sex and violence and we're supposed to be really pushing the envelope but yet another rated R movie is remade to be PG13. Ok... I understand ($$$$$$) but I don't like it. I'm not even against remakes, just crappy ones. I agree, and i love your puppy.

Despare
09-06-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Vodstok
I agree, and i love your puppy.

He's smiting.