PDA

View Full Version : Kind of funny, I guess...thought of you guys today.

alkytrio666
08-29-2006, 01:33 PM
I'm taking a class called Rhetorical Analysis in the Media, and today we watched a movie about internet forum spammers.

They showed the whole situation from their perspective, and how these people, usually teenagers, are paid to come to forums and pretend like they're just like us to attain information and the like.

It was pretty funny. They called them "cool hunters". I called them spammers.

Vodstok
08-29-2006, 01:41 PM
paying kids to hang out in forums to get information on being cool? Jesus christ....

They need to do MUCH more homework if they are going to INTERNET FORUMS to learn about cool....

unless of course its like studying an ice cube to learn about molten lava.. you know, get the opposite down for comparison...

Dotnb get me wrong.. But we are all a bunch of geeks.. You all know that, right?

Roderick Usher
08-29-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Vodstok
But we are all a bunch of geeks.. You all know that, right?

Speak for yourself...

where's my emoticon for righteous indignation?

shit, I'm a geek:(

Vodstok
08-29-2006, 01:49 PM
Quothe the comic book guy:
"There is no emoticon for what I am feeling!"

The Flayed One
08-29-2006, 01:55 PM
Damn straight, we're cool! You kids think you know about INTERNETz? Hell, son, I was on the net before the "Ate My Balls" page trend started back in the day. I was there at the beginning of Goatse & Tubgirl. It's called 'cred' son. That's why I can bitch on message boards about the new design of Optimus Prime raping my childhood. I was there. Step back.

Now I'm going to go home and cry while I masturbate to Hentai...

VampiricClown
08-29-2006, 02:49 PM
Quothe the comic book guy:
"There is no emoticon for what I am feeling!"

I can relate right now. :(

As far as the cool hunters. Screw'em. Spam is spam and shall forever be spam. Fuck the spammers!

The STE
08-29-2006, 03:59 PM
"cool" is subjective. Fuck societal definitions

Haunted
08-29-2006, 04:11 PM
S, at the risk of sounding like an ass kisser, I'm with you on this one.

alkytrio666
08-29-2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Haunted

Ass kisser...

...:) :D ;) :p

Zero
08-29-2006, 05:12 PM
i saw a very similar (perhaps exactly the same) video called "Merchants of Cool" that was really chilling to realize how sophisticated these merchanidising folks are. . .scary shit

oddly enough - i took a class with exaclty the same title - where are you in school? I went to penn state. . . and we did a 'rhetorical analysis of media' course as well. . . weird?!?!

newb
08-29-2006, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Haunted

Hey....Haunteds back...you have been missed.

Zero
08-29-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by newb
Hey....Haunteds back...you have been missed.

agreed - haunted rules! and she's a welcome return

alkytrio666
08-29-2006, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Zero
i saw a very similar (perhaps exactly the same) video called "Merchants of Cool" that was really chilling to realize how sophisticated these merchanidising folks are. . .scary shit

oddly enough - i took a class with exaclty the same title - where are you in school? I went to penn state. . . and we did a 'rhetorical analysis of media' course as well. . . weird?!?!

Wow, that's pretty cool. We did, in fact, watch the same video: "Merchants of Cool". This class probably isn't nearly as detailed, however, as it's only a highschool class and only a semester long. Cool to know someone's been through it, though, it's a cool class.

bloodrayne
08-30-2006, 06:34 AM
I actually think of you guys ALL the time...If I'm watching movies, or buying movies...I usually say something like "So and so said 'blah blah' about this movie"...or..."I bet so and so would love/hate this movie"...Or..."So and so really liked this one, we should try it"...or..."I bet so and so liked/hated that part"...or.."So and so said 'blah blah' about this scene...

And MANY times the people in the movies will remind me of you guys...I'll say, "haha...That's totally 'so and so'"

Now that Dustin is at the forum, he finally gets what the hell I'm talking about...And he's been doing it, too

Other things remind me of you guys....Something that might have to do with your state, or foods or other things you like, things that you say or do, people that resemble you, music that you listen to, the types of jobs you do...

Hmm...I think I spend too much time here:eek:

Vodstok
08-30-2006, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by bloodrayne
I actually think of you guys ALL the time...If I'm watching movies, or buying movies...I usually say something like "So and so said 'blah blah' about this movie"...or..."I bet so and so would love/hate this movie"...Or..."So and so really liked this one, we should try it"...or..."I bet so and so liked/hated that part"...or.."So and so said 'blah blah' about this scene...

And MANY times the people in the movies will remind me of you guys...I'll say, "haha...That's totally 'so and so'"

Now that Dustin is at the forum, he finally gets what the hell I'm talking about...And he's been doing it, too

Other things remind me of you guys....Something that might have to do with your state, or foods or other things you like, things that you say or do, people that resemble you, music that you listen to, the types of jobs you do...

Hmm...I think I spend too much time here:eek:

:eek: No. no. NO!!!:eek:

No way you spend too much time here... Not at all. Nope. Negatory. nada. Aint buying it. You? Pssshhhh.... Nah...

Maybe just a little bit.

bloodrayne
08-30-2006, 07:03 AM
:eek: No. no. NO!!!:eek:

No way you spend too much time here... Not at all. Nope. Negatory. nada. Aint buying it. You? Pssshhhh.... Nah...

Maybe just a little bit. Whew...Thanks Vod...I feel SO much better now :p

Vodstok
08-30-2006, 07:04 AM
thats what Im here for :)

Zero
08-30-2006, 10:35 AM
thats what Im here for :)

ohhhh - that's what he's here for. . .

huh. . . .

wouldn't have guessed that was his reason. . .

kinda funny. . .

don't ya think. . . .

not in a 'ha ha' sort of way. . .

no. . .

more in the. . .

well, y'know. . . .

the 'oh my god that's freaking weird' sort of funny way. . .

huh