PDA

View Full Version : The Mexican!!

The Flayed One
08-28-2006, 07:47 AM
Holy shit. We have an awesome new Mexican restaurant in town. It's been open for about a month, and I've already been there like 8 times. In a small shitty town in Northern Indiana, it's great to have good sit down food. They also have a nice full bar, complete with my favorite Mexican beer:

http://www.ratebeer.com/beerimages/745.jpg

So bloated and happy! :cool:

Vodstok
08-28-2006, 07:59 AM
There is 1 store in 100 mile radius that caries that stuff...

Modelo, home of Modelo Negro and Corona.... I love mexican beer.Modelo Negro is like Dos Equis Amber+++. Great shit.

there is a lager that they make too... tastes a lot like Corona. i like it too :)

ItsAlive75
08-28-2006, 09:08 AM
There's a Mexican restaurant near my folks' house in Illionis that was given the worst health code in our city. I dunno why, they have the best food in the god damn area.

...But I also have really shitty taste in food and drink.

Vodstok
08-28-2006, 09:22 AM
hey, fungus and bacteria are responsible for some of the best things in life... Cheese, Booze... that odor from Jeffery Dahmer's apartment...

ItsAlive75
08-28-2006, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok
hey, fungus and bacteria are responsible for some of the best things in life... Cheese, Booze... that odor from Jeffery Dahmer's apartment...

Carlos Mencia...

Miss Olivia
08-28-2006, 09:51 AM
Mmmm....odor......best part of waking up is severed lips in your cup.....

I prefer Dos Equis, but then I worked in a ritzy mexican place for a good while and got a little sick of ol Neg Mo...

The Flayed One
08-28-2006, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Miss Olivia
Mmmm....odor......best part of waking up is severed lips in your cup.....

I prefer Dos Equis, but then I worked in a ritzy mexican place for a good while and got a little sick of ol Neg Mo...

There's nothing wrong with a little Dos Equis action. I also dig on the Pacifico every now and then.

As a matter of fact, it's just pleasant to talk to other people with good taste in beer. Living in the good ol' midwest, if it's not Bud, Miller or Coors, not only is it shit but you're a dirty traitor:eek:

Serious, when I first joined the Eagles here in town, they ordered St. Paulie for me. For the first couple of months, people just kind of stared at it me they were looking at a wombat sipping a glass of motor oil.

Vodstok
08-28-2006, 10:37 AM
Dos Equis is good shit. Close to perfection init's origin: A mexican Beer started by a German. :)

i cant remember the name, but i have had 1 mexican beer i didntlike. It actually said, on the label, a grade "B" product of mexico...

Grade B? No, it wasnt called "Montezuma's Revenge". Montezuma wasnt that mean.

Marroe
08-28-2006, 10:53 AM
I just moved to Houston Texas and there's NOTHING but Mexican restaurants everywhere...It's messed up I have yet to find one I really love. To me, the "Tex Mex" Places here are better than the authentic ones. But as far as Mexican beverages goes I've always been more into the Margarita's than the Mexican beer. Mmm...Margarita's *drools*.
I have had the one in the picture though and it is definitely a good beer.

The Flayed One
08-28-2006, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Marroe
But as far as Mexican beverages goes I've always been more into the Margarita's than the Mexican beer. Mmm...Margarita's *drools*.

Are you a frozen or on the rocks kind of gal?

Marroe
08-28-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by The Flayed One
Are you a frozen or on the rocks kind of gal? On the rocks with salt....Yeah:cool:

DraculaInDallas
08-28-2006, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Marroe
I just moved to Houston Texas and there's NOTHING but Mexican restaurants everywhere...It's messed up I have yet to find one I really love. To me, the "Tex Mex" Places here are better than the authentic ones. But as far as Mexican beverages goes I've always been more into the Margarita's than the Mexican beer. Mmm...Margarita's *drools*.
I have had the one in the picture though and it is definitely a good beer.

Hey Sugar Butt.....what's up with Houston???? I was just there, we could of hooked up.......how have you been?

Miss Olivia
08-28-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by The Flayed One
There's nothing wrong with a little Dos Equis action. I also dig on the Pacifico every now and then.

As a matter of fact, it's just pleasant to talk to other people with good taste in beer. Living in the good ol' midwest, if it's not Bud, Miller or Coors, not only is it shit but you're a dirty traitor:eek:

Serious, when I first joined the Eagles here in town, they ordered St. Paulie for me. For the first couple of months, people just kind of stared at it me they were looking at a wombat sipping a glass of motor oil.

LOL I know what you mean, I used to live in Southern Georgia. If you don't love Budweiser, you must either be a hippie or a lesbian.....out here, people make a point of seeking out "designer" beer.....I went to a Brewfest in Folsom, and I had blueberry ale, which was not good, and apricot ale, which was VERY good. One of the more popular drinks out here is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. I personally don't really care for it, because it has that strong aspirin taste to it, but most of the guys we hang out with swear by it....

Vodstok
08-28-2006, 12:29 PM
Ugh... Ive been drinking Silver Bullet (Coors light...uck) for a while now as a "filler beer", so i dont plow through my goo dbeer too quickly...

yes, i most definately have a problem...

horrorobsessed
08-28-2006, 12:33 PM
there's an awesome mexican restraunt by where i live (southern indiana). it's called El Maguey, and it's kind of funny cause it's pronounced like El Magay, but tons of people around here just pronounce it like El Mogway. anyway, it has some freakin awesome food. very authentic.

The Flayed One
08-28-2006, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Miss Olivia
LOL I know what you mean, I used to live in Southern Georgia. If you don't love Budweiser, you must either be a hippie or a lesbian.....out here, people make a point of seeking out "designer" beer.....I went to a Brewfest in Folsom, and I had blueberry ale, which was not good, and apricot ale, which was VERY good. One of the more popular drinks out here is Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. I personally don't really care for it, because it has that strong aspirin taste to it, but most of the guys we hang out with swear by it....

Sierra Nevada Pale was a very popular beer at the bar I worked at in Seattle. I really miss all of the great micros they have out west. Anchor Steam, Fat Tire & Mac'n'Jacks, to name a few. Every now and then, I can find a Widmer Hefeweizen
http://pds.exblog.jp/pds/1/200605/09/04/b0081504_1551626.jpg
out here, but it's few and far between. Man, do I love a good Hefy!

orangestar
08-28-2006, 12:36 PM
The tiny little family owned Italian restaurant that I work at carries Negro Modelo. We barely sell any of it though...

The Flayed One
08-28-2006, 12:38 PM
If I were there, you'd be selling at least a case a week:)

Miss Olivia
08-28-2006, 12:38 PM
At the bar I work at now and then, we have Heffy on tap.
You poor deprived Gmork!:(