PDA

View Full Version : New Romero "Dead" movie!!!!!

phantomstranger
08-25-2006, 01:51 PM
From Fangoria news:
August 25: Romero raises more DEAD!

According to The Hollywood Reporter, George A. Romero will bring his zombies back once more in DIARY OF THE DEAD, an independent project he'll write and direct. This movie will hark back to the rough-edged style of the original NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD with echoes of another grassroots hit, THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT, following a group of college students making a horror movie who find themselves in the midst of a real undead plague, and begin filming the mayhem around them. Romero and his production partner Peter Grunwald will produce DIARY with Artfire Films. After the frustrations he experienced regarding the shooting and release of Universal's LAND OF THE DEAD, the director was adamant about doing this installment independently. "I was trying to convince Peter we could just run off and do it ourselves," and they will starting October 11 in Toronto. Romero is also attached to Hyde Park/Kadokawa's project SOLITARY ISLE, based on a story by RINGU author Koji Suzuki . —Michael Gingold

urgeok
08-25-2006, 01:52 PM
jesus George must really like the cold..
he filmed Land up here in the winter too..

Hate_Breeder
08-25-2006, 03:28 PM
Badass. Im down for seeing another Romero movie. Land wasnt as good as i expected but there was some good gore scenes and the characters are decent. Cholo is my favorite though.

Its in my movie collection

azathoth777
08-25-2006, 08:14 PM
I could do without another 'Dead' movie. 'Land...' was very disappointing. That said, I'll still see it. Who knows, maybe he still has one good movie left in him.

newb
08-25-2006, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by urgeok
jesus George must really like the cold..
he filmed Land up here in the winter too..

You canucks must be very hospitable.
http://bestsmileys.com/cold/11.gif

urgeok
08-26-2006, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by newb
You canucks must be very hospitable.
http://bestsmileys.com/cold/11.gif

i missed out on being a zombie in Land .. i'm going to go for it in this one ...

The_Return
08-26-2006, 12:52 PM
jesus George

Well I'll admit that he's a damn good filmmaker, but dont you think thats a bit too far?

:p

ItsAlive75
08-26-2006, 12:55 PM
Is "Diary" going to take place within the Dead time frame? It doesn't sound like it could...

The_Return
08-26-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75
Is "Diary" going to take place within the Dead time frame? It doesn't sound like it could...

Could take place before/during Night.

ItsAlive75
08-28-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by The_Return
Could take place before/during Night.

Ah, never thought about that.

Prequels... mmmmm

The Demeter
08-28-2006, 11:35 AM
I dont know if I can stomach it after Land of the Dead. It might have ruined it for me.

voorhees92
08-28-2006, 01:02 PM
okay I'm ready as ever for Romero's next hit. 'Land' was good, but it wasn't any Night of the Living Dead. The premise sounds great, and I always trust Fangoria, so I'm a go. Definitely.

Vodstok
08-28-2006, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by The Demeter
I dont know if I can stomach it after Land of the Dead. It might have ruined it for me. Not quite Real Goth enough?

:D

Sorry, couldnt resist.

The Demeter
08-29-2006, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Vodstok
Not quite Real Goth enough?

:D

Sorry, couldnt resist.

Very Clever! I just couldnt stomach zombies having such tender emotions.

urgeok
08-29-2006, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by The Demeter
Very Clever! I just couldnt stomach zombies having such tender emotions.

emo zombies ?

VampiricClown
08-29-2006, 07:44 AM
emo zombies ?

Those are the hot chick ones. :D

spookychild
08-29-2006, 09:07 AM
woo hoo I don't care how many he has made I love a good scare. Zombies always give me the creeps.

Zero
08-30-2006, 11:30 AM
i'll always give romero the benefit of the doubt . . . but i'm deeply suspicious of this idea

David Kessler
09-13-2006, 06:33 AM
I know what you're saying about prequels. They tend to happen when you can't think of where else to take a movie. But if George does a good job - which i'm sure he will - I'm all for it.

I liked LAND. You can't expect that gritty VHS feel in 2005. He did a good job.

crabapple
09-18-2006, 08:52 AM
The Zombies on the poster will be standing there staring at you, you know how they do box art these days. Everyone's a moody badass.

cmitchell
09-18-2006, 03:04 PM
Im cautious after Land of the Dead. It was a good idea, but man it fell flat.