PDA

View Full Version : Psychocruise

Vodstok
08-24-2006, 01:02 PM
Did you hear? That Scientology spouting nutbag got shit-canned by paramount. oh Darn. Now he and Issac hayes can go have a chat about how wrong paramount and southpark are while they spend 10 million to get their aliens realligned...

ItsAlive75
08-24-2006, 01:06 PM
I'm sure he'll land on his feet. Hell, he managed to brainwash Katie Holmes and turn her into a zombie, the guy can do anything.

Roderick Usher
08-24-2006, 02:14 PM
His producing partner, Paula Wagner, is married to the head of CAA - the most powerful talent agancy in hollywood.

They're already pulling their clients from Paramount movies. This one is going to blow up in Sumner Redstone's face.

Marroe
08-24-2006, 02:28 PM
That's the funniest thing I've heard all day.

PR3SSUR3
08-24-2006, 03:25 PM
I used to think his acting was mostly OK, and that he had risen above his heart throb status.

However it is difficult now to watch even his pre-Scientology films without now seeing only 'smug' written all over his face.

"Why would you do that?"

"You're a jerk."

"It's amazing!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C4UvvHMoZs

Phalanx
08-24-2006, 04:02 PM
Can't bring myself to care.

Zero
08-24-2006, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Roderick Usher
His producing partner, Paula Wagner, is married to the head of CAA - the most powerful talent agancy in hollywood.

They're already pulling their clients from Paramount movies. This one is going to blow up in Sumner Redstone's face.

it'll be interesting to watch - it almost feels like the new 'mega-corp studios' are trying to put the overpaid stars back into line. . . we'll see who wins (although, in fairness, most of the mega-star movies haven't done that well based on actual profit)

The_Return
08-24-2006, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Phalanx
Can't bring myself to care.

Here here

Yellow Jacket
08-24-2006, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by ItsAlive75
I'm sure he'll land on his feet. Hell, he managed to brainwash Katie Holmes and turn her into a zombie, the guy can do anything.

This makes me feel so bad for Katie and Tom's kid now (never thought I'd say that). Poor thing is probably already being called "Alien Life Form 721". And just wait until the kids get a hold of him/her/whatever the hell it is!

Miss Olivia
08-24-2006, 09:18 PM
That kid'll probably never be allowed to be around regular kids.

Phalanx
08-24-2006, 09:24 PM
I remember back in the day when everyone loved TC...sometime before people developed the obsession with learning every SINGLE detail of a a celebrities personal life. Is he weird just because he's weird? Did people prying in his business drive him toward his unusual behaviour in the first place?
Who knows.
True, celebrity on celebrity action is kinda asking for attention, but all the same, I will never understand why people care...
If people knew fuck-all about his personal life, I'd assume the majority of people out there wouldn't have the same "views" in the first place...
All he is to me, is a guy that's been in a whole bunch of good films.

ItsAlive75
08-24-2006, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Yellow Jacket
This makes me feel so bad for Katie and Tom's kid now (never thought I'd say that). Poor thing is probably already being called "Alien Life Form 721". And just wait until the kids get a hold of him/her/whatever the hell it is!

They never had a kid, it's all made up.

PR3SSUR3
08-25-2006, 04:39 AM
I remember back in the day when everyone loved TC...sometime before people developed the obsession with learning every SINGLE detail of a a celebrities personal life. Is he weird just because he's weird? Did people prying in his business drive him toward his unusual behaviour in the first place?
Who knows.
True, celebrity on celebrity action is kinda asking for attention, but all the same, I will never understand why people care...
If people knew fuck-all about his personal life, I'd assume the majority of people out there wouldn't have the same "views" in the first place...
All he is to me, is a guy that's been in a whole bunch of good films.

But like someone said above, Cruise walks around the planet like he owns the place - other successful actors don't seem to eminate such an air of pomp when we see them attending premiers and such like. His 'killer smile' is more like permanent rictus - and discovering his pretentious views about the planet and the rest of us makes it very easy to dislike him.

The public pay for celebrity coverage, but I don't think it is us that has made him look and sound like such an arsehole.

Vodstok
08-25-2006, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by Phalanx
Who knows.
All he is to me, is a guy that's been in a whole bunch of good films. I have a very live and let attitude about actors and celebrities in general. I think Jeffery Jones sjhould get a swift kick in the nuts for soliciting 14 year old boys for nude pictures, but I wont stop watching his movies, basically because it happened and life moved on.

Cruise is like J-lo and Affleck were a couple of years ago. i try to avoid him, but he WONT GO AWAY!!!!

Plus, once one of these people shows them self to be particularly self-righteous and arrogant, i get my hackles all raised. I hat earrogant people. i knew a guy who believed he deserved to be arrogant.... Heavy into Ayn Rand, and pretty much the Objectivist version of a scientologist. I cant stand them.... I rank them with pedophiles in the "useless human turd" category.

So far, the only Scientologist i have even the slightest bit of respect for is travolta, because hespecifically refuses to talk about his religion, as opposed to the rest who appear to be trying to recruit anyone who will listen to them.

PR3SSUR3
08-25-2006, 05:03 PM
Sagging-faced Affleck is another one - the profile of this cocksucker is inherently evil somehow.