PDA

View Full Version : Most Famost and Largest Museum in Tokyo

christy
08-22-2006, 07:49 PM
During my last tour in Japan, I can honestly say that I really had a good time visiting Japan’s known and largest museum, the Tokyo National Museum. I was really fascinated with the different artifacts that can be seen in the said museum. It was an enjoyable visit and at the same very enriching because I learned a lot about the Japanese culture and other Asian countries. There were a lot of galleries that display important Japanese artifacts that are worth watching because they show how colorful and rich Japanese culture is. There are also galleries showing some artifacts of other Asian countries which are very interesting to see.

Too bad, we only spent one hour inside the museum because my friends were all excited to go to other areas in Tokyo. Although I really wanted to come back the following day, I could not do it because we have to meet some Japanese friends in Kyoto. However, I have made up my mind that I would go back to Tokyo and visit that museum again. This time, I would make sure that my Japan visit would be more enjoyable and complete. I would not only go to Tokyo National Museum but also to other Japanese historical and interesting places.

http://www.exploring-japan.com/2006/08/16/most-famost-and-largest-museum-in-tokyo/

Roderick Usher
08-22-2006, 08:16 PM
it's the phrases "in the said museum" and
"I learned a lot about the Japanese Culture" that tickle me.

ManchestrMorgue
08-22-2006, 09:46 PM
There are so many things that tickle me, it isn't funny
:eek:

Roderick Usher
08-22-2006, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by ManchestrMorgue
There are so many things that tickle me, it isn't funny
:eek:
You're so dirty:eek:

crabapple
08-23-2006, 08:58 AM
I went to Japan in 1989 on a job, unfortunately never saw any museums there, but saw quite a bit of Tokyo and it had quite an interesting atmosphere. Strangely metropolitan and rural at the same time, in a weird mixture. Wandering through the streets I would see a different weird thing every time. They sold LARGE BOTTLES OF VODKA IN VENDING MACHINES, for example. They had 7-11 convenience stores, full of a million kinds of noodle cups. The hotel gave us soup with 10 to 12 little mini-clams in it as part of our breakfast.

novakru
08-23-2006, 03:35 PM
Great info christy and crab-thx for that!

This is why my kids WILL learn Japanese...they are taking me there whether they want to or not...kinda like if they prefer breathing or NOT.

Roderick Usher
08-23-2006, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by novakru
Great info christy and crab-thx for that!

This is why my kids WILL learn Japanese...they are taking me there whether they want to or not...kinda like if they prefer breathing or NOT.
Pimsleur approach

Look 'em up online. It's how I sarted on Japanese lessons. Also j-list.com good learning resource...and awesome t-shirts

also engrish.com...funny

a mccuaig
08-23-2006, 07:20 PM
I thought Japan was great, except for a couple things. I was 12, shoved on a train and the man I was smashed next to was reading the paper that had cartoons of women getting raped. That kind of bothered me, especially sense everyone was starring at me, the tallest girl, with blonde hair. Other than that, and the peace park (very creepy), I had a good time. Nara is beautiful and it's pretty cool feeding the deer. Oh, the Uno zoo is rad.

christy
08-23-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by crabapple
I went to Japan in 1989 on a job, unfortunately never saw any museums there, but saw quite a bit of Tokyo and it had quite an interesting atmosphere. Strangely metropolitan and rural at the same time, in a weird mixture. Wandering through the streets I would see a different weird thing every time. They sold LARGE BOTTLES OF VODKA IN VENDING MACHINES, for example. They had 7-11 convenience stores, full of a million kinds of noodle cups. The hotel gave us soup with 10 to 12 little mini-clams in it as part of our breakfast.

Tokyo is indeed so populated ight now. On of the most expensive cities as well when it comes to cost of living standard. :)

crabapple
08-23-2006, 10:37 PM
The coffee was expensive, and you only get one cup, no refills. But it was really really good coffee however.

novakru
08-24-2006, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by crabapple
The coffee was expensive, and you only get one cup, no refills. But it was really really good coffee however.

Well,whyever would you go to Japan,except for the coffee?
I mean,really.
What other reason to travel anywhere in the world,but to sample their coffee?
:D

Whoops,forgot to add:
THX @ Roderick for the links!

StevenReynolds
08-24-2006, 02:19 PM
Is there a museum with moving dinosaurs in it. It is pretty cool. check it out on youtube.